Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: NearMe Nick - Coming soon!

pdxjims opened this issue on Sep 25, 2007 · 20 posts

pdxjims posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 1:16 PM

Poor NearMe... the new figure at CP is lonely... she wants company in all those wonderful pictures people are doing of her...

So now she gets her guy! NearMe Nick, a complete male set for NearMe. Brought to you by pdxjims, maker of M3 Revisited, the Freak Revisited, and Vittorio 4 - the first male figure of he new Daz generation.

What is NearMe Nick? Male full body morphs, clothing, and textures for NearMe.

What do you get? The Male FBM's (one softer and younger, one more muscular), male clothing that has morphs for fits to NearMe (hair, shirt, necklace, pants, and boots), 2 male textures, multiple textures for the clothing, and magnet sets so that you can add the male morphs to existing NearMe clothing. As an added bonus, I've included a new Heavy morph and the magnets that match it.

Oh, I forgot the new face morphs! 4 male faces, pointed nose, pointed chin, longer lashes, elf, and comic monkey.

So don't leave your new little girl lonely, take a look at NearMe Nick!

Coming soon!

RAMWorks posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 1:21 PM

CUTE!! Now I know why you mentioned that your doing something completly different.  Yup, this is really different and looks very good.  More images please, if you would!!  😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

pdxjims posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 9:58 PM

Here's a quick pic of the clothing on NearMe.

And Ram, this isn't the completely different... that's still coming.... it's, uh, much LARGER than any of my clothing sets.

pdxjims posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 9:59 PM

Here's a quick pic of the clothing on NearMe.

And Ram, this isn't the completely different... that's still coming.... it's, uh, much LARGER than any of my clothing sets.

pdxjims posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 10:01 PM

Here's two male FBM's too. The NearMe panties were converted to NearMeNick withthe included mag set.

infinity10 posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 10:31 PM

I'm waiting to get this little guy....

Eternal Hobbyist

LilWolff posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 12:56 AM

Oh this looks great Jim!  I will really have to reconsider purchasing NearMe now. 

Do you have any timeline on when Nick might be out? 

pdxjims posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 1:21 AM

It should be available at RawArt3D VERY soon, and I'll be submitting it here at the Rendersosity soon after that. I just have to do the promo's, and maybe a few more textures for the clothing. I've got 2 pants textures, and 5 shirts so far... but lets fill it all out a bit more. And maybe one other clothing item for the set... it's done, but I need to tweak it a bit. If it doesn't go in this set, it'll be in the next one.

I really NearMe.... it's a nice little figure, and morphs really well.  Depending on how well the sales on NearMeNick go, I may do an entire line for her. I've seen lots fo frilly dresses, but not much wild stuff. You guys be interested in stuff like that for her?

infinity10 posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 1:28 AM

the cute gothie girlie wardrobe might work for me - sorta harmless little devil girl type

examples of genres which might work -
found here:
http://www.ichijinsha.co.jp/zerosum/

or check out the manga series
MagicalxMiracle
( plese google it)

Eternal Hobbyist

LilWolff posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 2:08 AM

Agree with the Gothie and personally  would love a  "Betty Boop" type character  set for her. 

Do you think that is possible with the morphs she has? 

She is as cute as a button but  personally I have a lot of cute figures I am very happy with and don't need to add another at this time. 

But If she becomes more versitile (like your male and other characters) I would positively get her. 

Fantastic you are thinking about doing an entire line for her, but please don't forget her male counter part also.

I am 99.5 percent sure I will get her if you are going to be working on items for her.

pdxjims posted Thu, 27 September 2007 at 1:42 AM

I've pretty much finalized the set.

3 male full body morphs, with an extra "Heavy" morph as a bonus - NO ENCODING!

4 male faces, an elf face, a comic monkey face, longer nose, pointed chin, and longer lash morphs.

2 male textures, one smooth shaven, one with a goatee. 6 different "tone" poses for variaion.

A hat, short tight hair, necklace, muscle shirt, t-shirt, pants, and boots. All have all 4 FBM's built in, as well as extra morphs for loosening, over pants, etc... you get the idea.

Everything fully textured, with 2 pants textures, 7 shirt textures that can be used on the t-shirt or the muscle shirt. Black, blond/brown, and red hair

4 magnet sets that can be used with NearMe clothing to fit the FMB's I've included.

Note: There's a Goth clothing set over at CP, I think. Little Devil? I've done SO many of those! I've even released a couple and have donated a few items for other people's sets. I can do a 'lil Devil in my sleep. How about one in mid November if sales of NearMeNick are good? Bette Boop? hmmmmm... the dress is no problem... I can morph breasts on her, and a sexy waistline... the face will take a bit though. I'll look into it.

I really like these little side characters. They can be pretty fun to play with. From past experience, they aren't great sellers, but the people who do buy them appreciate the work you do, so it evens out.

I'll be submitting to RawArt3D and Renderosity tomorrow, I think. Working on the promo's now. If I get enough time, I may add another bonus to the set.

Anyway, here's another pic of my little guy. I like the skull texture on the shirt ;)

pdxjims posted Thu, 27 September 2007 at 1:56 PM

I got a very good suggestion over at Daz... his name isn't consistant with the whole Japanese concept. I wanted to keep a "sound like" to Nick, so I'm going with Naoki (meaning: honest tree).

I've also decided to add a couple of more shirt textures in two Japanese character styles with his name on it. I'm working on illistration shaders on everything too.

Here's the latest render. How do the shaders look?

infinity10 posted Thu, 27 September 2007 at 8:36 PM

Looking good !

Eternal Hobbyist

pdxjims posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 10:06 AM

Working on NearMe's big sister... on my way to a Betty Boop-like character.

Someone said it looked like Liza Minelli ;)

It'll be the same kind of thing as Naoki. morphs with a complete set of magnets for the clothing.

BTW, the dress is 4BlueEyes Princess set at PoserPro's... (soon to be here at the 'sity)

http://poserpros.daz3d.com/store/viewitem.php?selitem=11214&start=0&selcat=0&selsub=0

I turned off the frilly parts to get a more adult look on the dress. I really like this set, so check it out.

pdxjims posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 9:11 PM

Working on the dress and hair....

infinity10 posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 11:29 PM

ha ha !  That is percious !

Eternal Hobbyist

RAMWorks posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 12:17 AM

Attached Link: Google Search: Bettie Boop

Looks good so for Jim.  Bettie Boop has spit curls in the front of her hair style. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

pdxjims posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 3:12 PM

I know, Ram ;) I'm not sure I'm going to do them though. I can't get *too* close the real thing. She's still under copyright. I'm doing a set of morphs for NearMe that can be used together to get a Betty Boop look to her, but you'll have to set them yourself ;)

Here's the most recent cut of the morphs (without the Boop face), the dress, and added belt and earrings. Also shown is Lyrra's new Deco Bird at RawArt3D. I did my own High Gold texture for it. It's rich and elegant in it's own right, but I wanted gold to go with the other trim.

judee3d posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 3:43 PM

This is really fantastic! I can't wait for both of them - love the guys, and also what you did to make the oplder sister look. I have nearme, so definitely will be looking to pick these up.

LilWolff posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 1:51 PM

Looking great Jim! You got it! :-)