Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Eta-Uman Halloween Freebie

Mestophales opened this issue on Oct 04, 2007 · 18 posts

Mestophales posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 12:25 PM

Attached Link: TEK By Design

I have posted a new freebie on my site in honor of halloween, the Eta-Uman original Poser Figure.

Registriation IS NOT required to  download however it is appreciated.

http://www.tekbydesign.com/aeiou/modules/wmpdownloads/

RAMWorks posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 12:36 PM

Why is your site not loading correctly and why is there a popup when I first get there?? 

To add why am I then redirected to add site wanting to see me things I'm not interested in and then when using the back button to get back to your page which then brings back up the pop up which in turn auto directs me to yet another add page and upon hitting the back button I get the pop up again and then I'm redirected again to another ad page..... . 

I really think you need to rethink your strategy here in getting folks to want to come to your site.  Add popups and auto redirecting folks to other pages wanting to sell then things is not the way!!

Good luck with that!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Gareee posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 1:10 PM

IE7 gave a dynamic html load option, but I ignored it. I followed the available links and downloaded it in 2 clicks, without popus or issues from the url posted.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

PilotHigh posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 1:13 PM

Thank you so much!! 

rstar posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 2:21 PM

Your site worked as expected without any popups or redirects for me and I am using IE7 so it must be browser settings for the one(s) having problems. 
BTW, thank you very much for the freebies.

Gareee posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 2:28 PM

Or an alternate browser issue....

stardust posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 2:45 PM

Thanks for the freebies - I didn't have any browser problems either (firefox) - great stuff!!!!

Gareee posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 2:53 PM

Hey Ramwolf: when was the last time you ran adaware, or other junk removal programs?

Mestophales posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 7:03 PM

> Quote - Why is your site not loading correctly and why is there a popup when I first get there??  > > To add why am I then redirected to add site wanting to see me things I'm not interested in and then when using the back button to get back to your page which then brings back up the pop up which in turn auto directs me to yet another add page and upon hitting the back button I get the pop up again and then I'm redirected again to another ad page..... .  > > I really think you need to rethink your strategy here in getting folks to want to come to your site.  Add popups and auto redirecting folks to other pages wanting to sell then things is not the way!! > > Good luck with that! ![](../../mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/cursing.gif)

Actually I am not trying to sell you anything - hence giving away freebies. You can turn off javascripting redirects via your browser settings. The popup ad is only coded for 1 per session and you are right it annoys me too, so it is going away. However I never coded any redirects so that is a you thing.

I apologize for your inconvenience so I offer you double your money back.

:)

If you have a sense of humor consider it a trick or a treat whatever floats your boat.
Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated

Mestophales posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 7:05 PM

To all of you thank you so much for taking the time to vist and download the Eta-Uman. Keep checking back as I plan to add a few more choice freebies for halloween, my personal favorite time of year!!!!

slinger posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 7:23 PM

Many thanks.  I look forward to trying "him" out.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

jonnybode posted Fri, 05 October 2007 at 1:48 AM

Thank you very much!

Clickin away one advertisement to get a cool model is not to expensive ;-)

(Firefox 2)

Regards / Jonny

atilla39 posted Fri, 05 October 2007 at 1:01 PM

I am having problems. It keeps telling me I don't have permission for that area. I registered and everything and it still won't let me download.

Acadia posted Fri, 05 October 2007 at 7:22 PM

I'm having problems too.

I clicked the link above. Got to the site. Had to close a popup, blocked a flash that didn't load and saw the page with the downloads.

I clicked the download link for the "Ute_uman"  (See image attached) and I get taken to this page:

http://www.tekbydesign.com/aeiou/modules/wmpdownloads/visit.php?cid=13&lid=5

Which says the following:

This file doesn't belong to the site you came from

Please e-mail the webmaster of the site you came from and tell him:
NOT TO LEECH OTHER SITES LINKS!!

Definition of a Leecher: One who is to lazy to link from his own server or steals other peoples hard work and makes it look like his own

Your IP address has been logged.

If the page does not automatically reload, please click here

In fact I tried other downloads and got the same page and message.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

leehilliard posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 12:51 AM

thanks in advance for the time it took to create these  .everything looks great. kudoes ! 

Acadia posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 8:25 AM

Can someone please direct me on how to download this? Everytime I try I get that leeching message that I posted above.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Whazizname posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 10:24 AM

Thanks for sharing this "Techno-Critter"! I'm sure I'll think up something for it to get into. (: PS. No problems with site. Safari with "block popups" setting on.

Penguinisto posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 12:08 PM

FWIW, it works just fine in Safari for download purposes, though there is a great big white rectangle on top of the page. /P