Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: semi-OT - What others are saying about Vista elsewhere

XENOPHONZ opened this issue on Oct 07, 2007 · 71 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Sun, 07 October 2007 at 1:58 AM

It seems to be the same story everywhere you go.  Some people swear that Vista is the greatest OS ever, while others claim that Vista is the worst thing that's ever polluted their PC's.

If anyone's curious, here's what the good forumites over at NewTek (the makers of Lightwave) are raving / singing praises about re:Vista.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72759

It all sounds a lot like a repeat of the same things that we've heard around here.  The "I am a banana!" forumite from Denmark argues strongly in favor of Vista -- insisting that the people who he knows all absolutely adore Vista.  While others in the thread positively hate Vista -- and still others are on the fence and struggling with it.  Hey -- there's even a couple of slaps & kudos directed at Macs in that thread -- so it should all have an entertainingly familiar ring to it.

That thread even contains the standard web-forum-style posts implying that people who dislike Vista have low IQ's & are incompetent (hidden under color of humor) -- while those on the other side issue counter-claims to the effect that such remarks sound like -- well, I'll just quote the post:

Heh, Neverko is starting to sound like some of the Mac-users that I know - everyone who doesn't realize why my operating system rules is an incompetent, thick skulled, misinformed fool - just a drone with an low IQ.

From what I'm gathering: an upgrade to Vista is a gamble.  You might win going that way, and you might not.  But I'm beginning to have almost as much fun just reading people's barbed comments as I am in educating myself on the subject. :a_grin:

Something To Do At 3:00AM