Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: IK on hands, problems once you have attached the hands to something

tebop opened this issue on Oct 11, 2007 ยท 9 posts

tebop posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 12:38 AM

If i attach the hands of a fresh newly loaded figure to another figures body or to an object. Perfect it works. But once you do that, and then you decide to attach the hands somewhere else( say at first it was holding wrist, then you decide to hold shoulder instead) it doesn't work. As you know, You need to turn off IK( if IK is on cna't translate hands) to position your figures hands on the new place and attache to a new body part or object. I do that, and i place the hands in the exact place where i want them, making contact with whatever i was the figure to touch/hold . But then as soon as i enable IK for hands, the hands twist or go up in the air ..totally unexpected. And then so i want to change the parent too but since the hands go wacko as soon as i turn on IK for hands, then i have no chance to have the hands in place before i set the new parent fr them. any fix? like...is there a way to reset the parent to whatever it is at default. so that if i decide to change the hands' parent, it doesn't go wacko. this is Poser 6 i use