Forum: Carrara

Subject: Rolling up paper animation

morphious opened this issue on Oct 29, 2007 · 14 posts

morphious posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 11:01 AM

Does anyone know how to animate a peice of paper rolled up, then unrolling? Thanks.

whkguamusa posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 5:24 PM

Try this: Rename the attached file from roll-up.txt to roll-up.car and load it into Carrara. It is a grid with a bend modifier set to 600% at the start and 0% at the 2 second mark.

wayne k
guam usa

the file is Version 6 of Carrara, I can upload a version 5 or 4 if you need.

whk

Miss Nancy posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 11:39 PM

thx fr the file, wayne it looks like this in c6proX Image Hosted by www.postmyimage.com

whkguamusa posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 12:27 AM

For extra credit animate the limits sliders of the bend deformer

wayne k
guam usa

morphious posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 6:51 AM

Thanks, I tried that, but didn't get the same result as the Second one you uploaded. I'll give it a try. Thanks a bunch :)

morphious posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 6:57 AM

The file won't allow me to change it's file type in the properties. Any suggestions? I have full permissions too.

morphious posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:00 AM

Also, I don't see this "first" and Second" mark in the bend and twist modifyer box?

whkguamusa posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 5:18 PM

Not sure what you are asking. Here is the file that shows the second effect. It is a Carrara 6 file - you should be able to just change the .txt to .car and it will run in Carrara. If it still won't work let me know.

wayne k
guam usa

bwtr posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:21 PM

Morphious. About the name change. I just click on the (.txt) file, select Rename, and then just retype the name---- Rollup.car.     You should get a little dropdown asking your permission to allow the change, which you do!

Have you tried that?

bwtr

bwtr posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:49 PM

Wayne.

The rollup2 file does not download with the .txt suffix and will not convert to .car?

An odd one?

bwtr

whkguamusa posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 7:57 PM

Attached Link: http://3dsplash.com/WayneK/test/rollup2.zip

> Quote - Wayne. > > The rollup2 file does not download with the .txt suffix and will not convert to .car? > > An odd one?

Must be the full moon and it being Halloween here today.

Lets try the attached link instead
http://3dsplash.com/WayneK/test/rollup2.zip

wayne k
guam usa

bwtr posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 8:30 PM

We don'thave Halloween. Blame the NZers---the big white cloud drifted up your way and confused you---too/also/as well as!!!!!!

It's great when people live in proper time zones!

bwtr

Miss Nancy posted Tue, 30 October 2007 at 10:50 PM

o.k., thx fr the zip, wayne. looks like this in c6proX Image Hosted by www.postmyimage.com

morphious posted Wed, 31 October 2007 at 8:19 AM

No worry, I finally figured how to do it using the constraint sliders. Thanks.