Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Sneak-peak at DAZ's Victoria 2.0

annemarie opened this issue on Apr 13, 2001 ยท 11 posts

annemarie posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 1:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com

DAZ Productions is developing Victoria 2.0. She will be out very soon. So keep watching!!

Mason posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 2:51 PM

Except for the fuzzy tits and pubic area she looks great. How'd they do that in their model? :)

Man O' War posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 2:56 PM

Does this mean we get to buy all new hair, textures, and clothes? manowar

Scarab posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 3:48 PM

Actually, the "promise" is that Vic2 will be able to wear Vic1 AND P4 clothes....we shall see.... Scarab from Missouri

ookami posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 3:51 PM

I'm looking forward to her... even if they are ripping pieces out... I'd love to be able to use some of the really well done Vicki texture maps along with aesome P4Female clothing (like PhilC's Knight Armor and Traveler's Battle Princess Armor)!

Jaager posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 5:05 PM

Victoria 2 is based on the same geometry as Victoria. Everything for Victoria will work - morphs, textures, props. The difference is in the additional morphs that come with the figure. The ability to use P4 clothing - this does involve a separate geometry. Because shoulders, thighs, trunk, must be recut to match P4, these groups lose their morphs. The head, hands, feet - these morphs are retained. The textures still work. Of all the gripes expressed about Victoria, about the only one remaining would be that she does not come with Poser 4.

lalverson posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 5:23 PM Online Now!

Since haveing vicky from the first offering. i almost would rather not have a V2 vicky. the amount od vicky stff allready available and the stuff that is comming out so quickly. the question is why? I understand that she'll be offered at discount for vicky owners which is nice but. i would rather DAZ focus On Mike and items for him. the currect vick and mike are very good and there is suffiecent MT for serious modifications (even that torso line) but I think it comes down to putting the effort in to customizing. P4 is very easy to custom(but not to the clothes) so i don't see alot of reason to have V2 vicky. Even thoght I know I'll have to get it because that is where the modelers will go , and vicky will be forgotten.

the3dwizard posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 6:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=1219

Vicky can already wear some of the P4 female clothing. Checkout my Clothing Morph Kit 2 in the store complete with extra morphs. Trust me this took a lot of time to do the conversions. To get Vicky 2 to fit the P4 clothes without changing the clothes means you have to change Vicky as stated above. That also means her body will have to LOOK like Posette's. If you want to retain the current or similar look of Vicky's body then you will have to change the clothes.

Mason posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 8:06 PM

I think the V2 they are making that will wear p4 clothes will be a big disappointment. It sounds like a hack to me. I think its far better off to do like the3dwizard did and modify the p4 clothes to work with vickie. Plus, the new V2 will not have a voluptuous Vicky version so all that stuff goes out the window anyway. Going through and redoing the clothes I think is the better route.

Rivers posted Fri, 13 April 2001 at 8:38 PM

I'm delighted there is going to be a Vicky2!! Those who don't already have Vicky (yes, there are some) can start out by using their investment in P4 fem wear and still retain the wonderful Vicky head and head morphs and purchase stuff for the 100% Vicky side as their pocketbooks will allow. And those who already have Vicky can still use everything they have and expect more to come! Their investment in all the stuff for Vicky is still good.

KateTheShrew posted Sat, 14 April 2001 at 12:14 PM

Well, there is one thing I saw in the preview that guarantees I will be upgrading to Vicky2. She has a body morph that makes her look like ME! I have been dying for something like that, you have no idea how long. Now I can add different body types to my characters - Yay!! Kate (waiting with bated breath)