Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Renders taking over and hour to render

Alextron115 opened this issue on Nov 24, 2007 · 5 posts

Alextron115 posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 6:40 PM

I made this really cool thing and i changed around the lights and had this really cool room with curtains and things and its taking over 2 hours now, is this normal? the rest of my computer is working fine, i even made the render size smaller after 20 minutes of 2 percent and it is pretty narrow cutting off some of the shadows and setting even.  so what can i do to make this better? 0or is this normal and should i just let the screensaver go on and leave it be until its done?

Jumpstartme2 posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 6:49 PM

Long render times are common, depending on what all you have in the image.

Also, I'd turn off your screensaver ;)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Alextron115 posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 7:13 PM

i did that, im not to worried about the image getting burned into the screen as it is moving lol.  well its going on 2 and 30 minutes now and i sure as s*** hope this render gets a 5 star rating, oh and speaking of that how do we see our images rating in the gallery?

Jumpstartme2 posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 8:13 PM

Well, anything you have running in the background while you are rendering, is going to pull on your system resources..so anything that you dont need to be running, its advised to turn it off.

As far as ratings, you will not be able to see them {stars} at all until the image has been rated 4 times ;)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Lighthorse posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 9:39 PM

2 hrs is OK.
Some of my renders take up to 5 days.
I just finished one that took 4 days.
of corse I am rendering to a rather large size.

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com