Forum: Vue

Subject: I thought Vue 6 was not backward compatible to Vue 5 scenes! It IS!!

Lyne opened this issue on Dec 03, 2007 · 6 posts

Lyne posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 8:42 PM

I just (for the heck of it) OPENED a vue 5 scene - my split water platypus and armadillo vue 5 scene...and it opened up and rendered right in vue 6 just fine! I did see it kept the vue 5 render settings... and it looks GREAT on my LCD... (all started when a friend asked if my pictures from before looked the same as with vue 6....and I said, why don't I just try to open a vue 5 scene!?)

That vue 5 scene has solid growth plants - that are vue 5 format...(Linda's Lush ones) and some vue 5 ground materials....older things... I never did anything special in saving back then (though now I see vue 6 has a save option: include materials or however it is worded).... but WOW!! I can play with older stuff ( mainly not have to set up my spit screen water scenes) again for new scenes in 6!!

Was I dreaming that it was not backward compatible? I did get a question box on installing my vue 6, asking something about vue 5 - objects I think it was, and I said yes...something about compatibilty... but I was SURE (with me that is never really a sure thing.. LOL!) that we were told nothing was compatible!?!?

HAPPY HAPPY!!! 

And I am finding just the right render settings to please my LCD monitor for water and clouds...so vue 6 (THANK YOU KEN! ;) IS PULLING ME AWAY from vue 5 more and more...of course I know I cannot GROW an OLD solid growth in vue 6... but I bet Linda's plants do work in it... as I think they are for both?

anyway... sure is making my "flu bug" easier to take...all this fun with vue 6 and now knowing was worth the wait and worth my SUPER COMPUTER ... and Vista 32 bit too, no less!!

More happy! :D

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!