Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Call out for Beauty Salon and Barber Shop

ebrochure opened this issue on Dec 24, 2007 · 5 posts

ebrochure posted Mon, 24 December 2007 at 10:23 PM

Attention Poser Props and Scene artists:

There are a TON of hairstyles for Mike and Vicky --- SO what about a realistic, modern beauty salon with a row of chairs, hair dryers, manicure and pedicure stations, and a seating area with newspapers and magazines for waiting customers and a big plate glass window facing a street?

Also, a barber shop  for Mike where he can get a trim and a shave, with a row of chairs, a big screen TV mounted on the wall, a seating area with newspapers and magazines for waiting customers and a big plate glass window facing a street. It could be a neighborhood place and/or an upscale place for women and another place for men.

I haven't seen anything like this on Poser sites. Anybody interested, I'll be your first customer!

nickedshield posted Tue, 25 December 2007 at 1:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.wg3d.com/Poser_Propsx.html

to get yo started check out the baeber chair here: A straifgt razor also.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

jefsview posted Tue, 25 December 2007 at 2:01 PM

There's also the Wild West Barber shop from Mapps here at the RMP.

I've also had a request in for one at Poserworld, but haven't asked about it recently. Steve seems a bit overwhelmed/overworked of late. Lots of requests. I used the above barber chairs and made my own when I needed one, taking bits and pieces from other sets. Took forever to find brushes and combs. Never did find an electric hair cutter.

Nothing like an old fashioned barbershop. 

-- Jeff

ockham posted Tue, 25 December 2007 at 2:44 PM

Here's my 1950-ish salon dryer, which may not be modern enough 
for your purposes.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/17479/poser/1950-Hair-Dryer

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ebrochure posted Tue, 25 December 2007 at 8:30 PM

Thank you all for the information. A few artists have contacted me and said they'd consider it. We'll see....