Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I guess my poser 7 problem free days are over.

Darboshanski opened this issue on Jan 05, 2008 · 11 posts

Darboshanski posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 9:25 AM

Up until recently I have had no major issues with poser 7 but now it seems those days are over.
I never had the amount of crashing to desktop ( crashing to windows) as I do now. Maybe once in a blue moon it would now it's happening a lot. Is it possible for P7 to become unstable over a period of time? I don't know where to isolate the trouble the only thing that has been done to my machine is a new Wacom tablet as my old one finally wore out and more RAM. I did have to do a system restore as I had issues with some things.

I had updated the display driver the the newest version and all that did was cause more trouble so I uninstalled that driver and went back to the one that was installed before and poser just doesn't seem to run as smoothly as it did. I wonder if there are parts of the old driver stuck somewhere but I have no idea where to look for it. I am wondering if I should uninstall the driver again and use something like drive cleaner, reinstall, reboot and hope for the best. OR  uninstall poser, clean the registry of all poser stuff and reinstall. All I know is poser 7 is not running as smooth as it used to. If I am using a tablet do I need to have the tablet mode checked in the general preferences?

If I move a camera, bring in a figure, conform an item or anything like this poser just shuts down to the desktop screen OR figures just disappear. I have run virus scans, spyware scans, defraged the HD, used Ccleaner and it's no help. None of my other programs have problems like my paint program or Vue so I am guessing this is a poser 7 thing. I'd hate to go back to P6 as I can't use the HDRI porducts I have and it doesn't support rendering in a seperate process on my dual core machine.

Any suggestions would be very helpful until then I guess when I work on a scene now I will have to save every little step.

Thanks!

My Facebook Page