Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Need normal everyday clothes for M3...

Bookem0328 opened this issue on Jan 10, 2008 ยท 12 posts

Bookem0328 posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 5:52 PM

Hello. I have worked with Carrara for a long time, but am very new to DAZ Studio and need a question answered. I have a project that needs a normal looking guy, in normal looking clothes, in many (7) different poses. I'm not that concerned about the poses as they are pretty basic (walking, bending over, arms in the air, etc.) but I have been trying to find the right figure to use for this. I have DAZ Studio (because it's free) and I have the Michael 3 model. However, he's naked and I need clothes that apparently are hard to find for him. Just a red collared shirt, blue jeans, and shoes or workboots. Oh, and a baseball/trucker hat if possible. Can anyone please help me find what I need. This project is due tomorrow evening and I'm pretty sure that when I find the right model and clothes, the rest will be fairly quick. Also, if someone does have an answer, what's the best way to put the items that i get into the folder structure on a Mac? It's a little confusing. Thanks in advance. Dan

Lighthorse posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 6:42 PM

Daz has all those and more.
Also here on Renderosity there are tons of clothes
available.
The best and chepest way to get clothing is become a platinum
member at daz cost of most items to Platinum members $1.99

A couple of links on file structure
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2708245
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3006576&ebot_calc_page#message_3006576

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

estherau posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 7:22 PM

wardrobe wizard is great. there is a standalone version that doesn't need poser, and you can make clothes for other characters fit M3 as well. BillyT has great jeans for M3 by the way (at DAZ). Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Bookem0328 posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 7:36 PM

Thanks Lighthorse. Hopefully that will help with the folder structures, even though right now I am still confused, but I am still trying to find normal clothes. Not the fantasy ones that seem to be popular. Seems like you have to buy a different set of clothes just to get one item out of it to use. So I'll probably have to buy a set for the shirt, then a set for the jeans, a set for the shoes, and one more set just for the hair.

Kinda funny. The homepage of DAZ|Studio says: Why free? Because we know you will tell everyone. When it should say: Why free? Because we know you have to buy a ton of stuff from us in order to make it work. ;^)

Esther, what is this wardobe wizard?

Like I said before, I'm very knew at DAZ and am really confused with it. I don't necessarily have to find clothes just for M3. If there is another fully clothed male model out there that I can use, I'd be more than happy to use it.

Thanks so far all. Hopefully I can figure something out. Please feel free to elaborate more if you don't mind.

Lighthorse posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 7:39 PM

Before you buy join the platinum club you
will save a lot of money
and you will get a bunch of freebes for joining

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

Bookem0328 posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 7:59 PM

Thing is, I don't know how much I will use this program as I don't create many human form models and normally build my own custom (non-human) models in Carrara. Therefore, I don't want to go out and spend a bunch of money on something I might not use that much in the future like joining the monthly platinum club payments. I am really just looking for some model I can use for this one project whether it's free or I pay $10-$30 for it.

estherau posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 8:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

This man is called a G2 figure from efronteir (EF) and this is some clothes I just bought recently. these clothes are called a texture set, but if you read the blurb you will see where you can buy the clothing figures from. http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/sharp_dressed_man_for_ef_fashion_suit_g2m_product_35867 Wardrobe wizard is at this link. Love esther PS one thing to be wary of is free stuff. some of it has not for commercial use in the readme, which means if you make a lovely render and one little so called free stuff has this restriciton, and one day someone offers you money for your render eg for a novel cover or something, then you could be legally at risk. I don't put any free stuff like that in my runtime. All the daz freebies have no restrictions on rendering. all the content paradise freebies are okay except for barcode's freebies. The renderosity freebies say on them if they are for commercial or noncommercial.

Boofy posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 12:03 AM

Have you tried the freebies section here at all? There is a lot of rather good stuff to try.

renmmk posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 4:12 PM

Hmm...speak of the Devil...Around Chirstmas - I created these clothes for the Daz3d everyday wear set.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/21102/poser/Business-Casual-M3-Every-Day-Wear
Let me know if this is what you are looking fore - if not, give me an Idea of what you are looking for-perhaps I could whip up a texture.

estherau posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 7:08 PM

renmmk's lovely texture set is a perfect example of what i was talking about before - make sure u read the bottom line love esther

renmmk posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 9:57 PM

Hmm...I think there may be confusion/for me at least/ when it comes to commercial use. The options you can select when uploading items dont clarify this - but when I choose the option (Not For Commercial Use), what I mean is (Dont sell the textures) - do whatever with your renders.

RHaseltine posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 10:04 AM

Don't sell the freebies, or redistribute them for free, is not something you have to say 9though it's wise to remind people of it in the readme). Unless permission is expliitly given then it is not permissable to do that, or incorporate parts of an item in another that's for distrbution. The commercial/non-commecial distinction should be purely about the renders made with the freebie.