Forum: Vue

Subject: Under water Effects / Antarctica

Zak666Williams opened this issue on Jan 15, 2008 · 9 posts

Zak666Williams posted Tue, 15 January 2008 at 10:16 PM

how could i do underwater effects in vue like Trails of bubbles as Creatures like Orcas and penguins swim through the Ocean?

i have a ocean and how could i get Rays of Sunlight beaming down without changing the aperance of the ocean surface?

Dose anyone know where some good tutorials are for Antarctica landscape?
(including iceburgs? and atmosphires?

Thanks!

keenart posted Tue, 15 January 2008 at 10:42 PM

The bubbles are easy; you can make them one by one, resize them then group them as a single stream.   Or, you could create a small long transparent plane, use Scatter and Replicate, or create an eco system and then populate them with spheres that look like bubbles.  There is a bubble mat in the content.

You can create a large cube of water above ground plane for your underwater ocean scene.  Move your camera into the water.  There is a tutorial in the Manual for this.

Have a spot light with a gel and shine it down on top of the cube of water to get surface light.  You need volumetric lighting to cast rays through the water.

That should get your mind working.

jankeen.com

Zak666Williams posted Tue, 15 January 2008 at 11:42 PM

thanks, that's helped a lot although i can't do ecosystems and i want the bubles Animated
as if there streaming from the back of the penguin.

Eg, (happy feet underwater scenebubble jet trails)

keenart posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 6:01 AM

Something you might keep in mind about bubbles especially if you are to animate them. 

Whatever object is creating the initial stream of bubbles; the bubbles will be very small at first creation.  As the bubbles move away from the origin they will merge with other bubbles to make larger bubbles.  At a certain point when merging they become so large they get very buoyant and that will make them move or rise toward the surface more rapidly? 

jankeen.com

mstnicholas1965 posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 9:57 AM

As far as the rays go, try placing some spot lights in the scene. Set the brightness fairly low (5-10%) enable volumetric lighting and change the setting for the volumetrics to a higher setting (1.5-2) That way you get the light beams without changing the main ambience of the scene.

thlayli2003 posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 12:41 PM

Look at geekatplay.com tutorials 6,19 and 34 for a great ways on using ecosystems and animating many objects.  I really find their tuts most helpful and give me many new ideas.

Zak666Williams posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 5:27 PM

thanks I've got the rays hapening :)
I'm going to have a look at those tutorials.
(however i can't do ecosystems)

-why dose the echosystem modual for Esprit have to be so expansive?

Zak666Williams posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 6:55 PM

This tutorial is good,
however, whith the bubles i want them to be continuesly genorated at the back of my animal
and fly backwards and disapate,
also i want the trail to bend as the animal turns through the water,
thanks.

GunnerMan posted Tue, 22 January 2008 at 10:48 PM

Hmm ask in the G@P forums?