Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: black holes in renders?

drkfetyshnyghts opened this issue on Jan 19, 2008 · 6 posts

drkfetyshnyghts posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 5:03 AM

I'm using poser7 on a macbook running 10.4.11

Using V4, i often get 'black holes' in my renders. This is no trouble since I can do p work in Photoshop, but I feel I shouldnt need to. Is this a bug or am I doing something incredibly stupid?

I intend bringing poser stills into photoshop but would prefer nice clean renders to start with !!!

Propschick posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 10:42 AM

There is a setting in render dimensions- something about pixels - right under the dimension size, that I had to change in order to stop that from happening in my renders too.

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

pakled posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 5:48 PM

I don't know..don't have a Mac. Maybe the 'gravity' feature is set too high...probably can detect the black holes by the gamma radiation coming from the Schwartzchiild radius...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Morgano posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 7:27 PM

If this is with the Firefly engine, try setting "Min displacement bounds" to something like 0.2 (it defaults to 0).   The problem of which I am thinking is in Firefly, though, not V4.

kuroyume0161 posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 10:24 PM

Ya beat me to it, pakled.  Where's Stephen Hawking when you need an expert on black holes in renders! :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

drkfetyshnyghts posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 5:34 AM

"Laughing"... but guys it was Stephen Hawking that sent me to you, bcoz he din have a clue:)

Ok.. I got renders without blackholes by playing ith render settings as you suggested and just minutely altering pose and expressions slightly.  All a bit hit and miss but with some determination and patience, its paid off :)

Thanks for your help guys

Drky xxx