Sun, Oct 6, 8:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: So who is ready for A4.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:05 AM

Did I miss something? What Laura 4?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:35 AM

From my experiences with Daz in general, they are considerate and nice.  But when it comes to anything that would involve tit-for-tat in a business sense, they are only interested in the bigger boys.  Note that Daz didn't lap up Wardrobe Wizard, Biped, or Quadruped.  They may have made ovations, but not as well as e-Frontier.  Also note that they tend only to chomp up businesses with a vested interested and profit margin.  Again, us little guys don't provide the bait for such interest. :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

jefsview ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:52 AM

Quote - Did I miss something? What Laura 4?

I think her name is actually Ashley, the YT character for V4 from 3D Universe. Couldn't remember it when I made the previous post.

-- Jeff

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 3:02 AM

OK, V4 character morph, not a Daz L4. I was trying to figure out what warp zone I had got lost in and missed Laura 4. LOL.

jefsview ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 3:38 AM

Well, the speculation is that, like A4, this might be it -- a morphed V4. 

-- Jeff

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 4:46 AM

Or, as a product states requirements of A4, V4. Would this not mean that A4 would be it's own Cr2 which would mean that it's not just a morph. I hoping anyways.

We shall see next week eh?

gibby.g ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 5:34 AM · edited Sun, 03 February 2008 at 5:36 AM

Quote:
"I hope A4 is not a V4 morph but has same UV's asV4, as in the V3 A3 way. With the teeth/mouth fixed."

Would this be the one where the teeth and gums stay where they are when you move the head? Most annoying.   Doesn't happen that often but when it does I save and reload the scene (Poser 7) and all is well again.

Well Daz have got their marketing right, speculation is rife.

Quote above was from last page btw, didn't notice we'd run to another.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 10:04 AM

I wonder if Studio 2.0 is going to the first spendy version of the program....

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 11:03 AM

I hope that DAZ eventually goes this way Pakled.  A full paid for version with all the dynamics and other scripts pulled in together with hopefully an expanded Surfaces tab.  Free version would be set up the same with pay for as you go plugins.  One can hope! :lol:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 10:55 AM

Quick note:

Vittorio 4 will have a MAJOR update in the next couple of weeks. New morphs, no RTEncoding (it'll be a complete morph set for V4), new textures, new faces, new characters, and a few other extras. It's also designed to work with any existing Daz set, and any future sets.

The update will be free to all previous Vittorio purchasers.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 11:05 AM

Care to show us any of the promo shots you've rendered Jim?? 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 11:44 AM

Nope.

Can't yet.

hmmm.... but as soon as I can, I will. :) I'm walking a fine line....

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 11:57 AM

Tomorrow,, correct??  Today is Sunday, tomorrow is V4.2's debut... finally!!  Week late and a dollar saved... for now!! LOL

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 12:00 PM

hehehe... as soon as I can.... and some things have to wait a little longer...

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 12:09 PM

:sad:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.