Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is A4 Just Around The Corner ... ?

mathman opened this issue on Feb 15, 2008 · 18 posts

mathman posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 6:30 PM

Just got my weekly DAZ newsletter, there are some oriental symbols down the bottom of the page with the "No Peeking" message alongside .....

What do you think ?

jefsview posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 7:19 PM

You should see all the stuff coming out for Aiko 4 (Platinum Club members get to see it all). Lots and lots. A flood of new releases.

I would say AIko 4 is imminent.

ezuk posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 1:41 AM

In case you're wondering, I'm pretty sure that the Japanese writing at the bottom of the newsletter says "Aiko" (the kanji are for 'love' and 'child' -- Ai - ko -- that is, if my Japanese hasn't deteriorated to the point where I can't even read that).

mathman posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 2:52 AM

Makes you wonder if Alan Alda v4 is coming out soon, doesnt it ?

Porthos posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 5:38 AM

I saw the promo images at DAZ PC members forum, they're awesome!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

sirenia posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 5:40 AM

Quote - You should see all the stuff coming out for Aiko 4 (Platinum Club members get to see it all). Lots and lots. A flood of new releases.

I would say AIko 4 is imminent.

Hi, I just browsed the DAZ website a bit, but i don't find anything for (or related to) Aiko 4. I'm a Platinum member over there. Am i looking on the wrong pages somehowe ??

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

MartinW posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 6:19 AM

FWIW:

Aiko 4 previews are a sticky in the Plat. Club Member's Only Forum by the name of "I {heart} Aiko (A4 PC Preview Thread)"

Whilst I'm still learning Chinese, the bottom-left character is the Chinese character for ai/love and the bottom-right is zǐ/child. Has Aiko become Chinese now?!?

Also, in terms of Traditional Chinese characters, the promo graphic literally reads I Love Love Child! Guess she'll still be problematic here in the galleries...

sirenia posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 6:54 AM

Thanks Porthos and MartinW, Found the link :tt1:

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

SamTherapy posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 7:02 AM

Quote - Makes you wonder if Alan Alda v4 is coming out soon, doesnt it ?

I am so gonna work on an Alan Alda morph for V4.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 7:07 AM

Quote - ...
Also, in terms of Traditional Chinese characters, the promo graphic literally reads I Love Love Child! Guess she'll still be problematic here in the galleries...

Aiko is no more "problematic" than any other model.  If it's morphed to look like a child, then it's, as you say, problematic.  V4 morphed to look 12 years old is going to be treated the same way as Aiko 3, 4 or any other model if they look young.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Anniebel posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 7:36 AM

Quote - I saw the promo images at DAZ PC members forum, they're awesome!

Hey I like your avatar it looks like Quark from Deep Space Nine.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Porthos posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 10:28 AM

Quote - > Quote - I saw the promo images at DAZ PC members forum, they're awesome!

Hey I like your avatar it looks like Quark from Deep Space Nine.

Thanks Anniebel, it was modelled after his likeness, but I couldn't get the ears right! LOL!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

ezuk posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 12:11 PM

@Martinw:  The characters are, I'm pretty sure, meant to be Japanese - Japanese uses a lot of Chinese characters (called kanji) to spell its words along with its own native alphabet.  Aiko is inspired by Japanese animation, so that's why they use a name from Japan (see my post above).  Still, it's interesting to see the Chinese pronunciation!  And "ko" is a common ending to female names in Japanese.  My mother and aunts all have names ending in -ko:  Hiroko, Nagako, Itoko, Sumiko, and none of them are children any more . . .

Edited because I misread the Chinese pronunciation Martinw offered. 

AntoniaTiger posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 12:21 PM

Oh bother. More expense. On the plus side, it looks possible that Aiko 4 will make an SP4 redundant. And, yes, very nice, but I use this obscure program called Poser, not that DAZ software.

Lucifer_The_Dark posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 12:32 PM

I've just noticed on the page for the new hair at Daz that it includes 5 different fits for Aiko 4, I think she's going to make V4 obsolete.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

mathman posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 6:05 PM

Any chance of sharing some A4 images for those of us that are not currently Platinum Club members ?

bopperthijs posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 6:55 PM

I've just noticed on the page for the new hair at Daz that it includes 5 different fits for Aiko 4, I think she's going to make V4 obsolete.

As far as I know, A4 will be a morph for V4, so you'll still need V4.

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Latexluv posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 9:01 PM

I looked through several pages of promo images for figures to come for V4/A4. A few were very pretty, most however, I did not care for at all. I am not sure how DAZ feels about reposting these images from their Members Only Platinum Club thread, so I didn't grab any of them.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8