Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Arranging hair libraries

EnglishBob opened this issue on Feb 20, 2008 ยท 13 posts

EnglishBob posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 5:36 AM

I'm rearranging my libraries again, hopefully to reflect my workflow when I'm doing a project. I have four top-level categories: Figures, Objects, Places and Utilities. (To explain briefly: I use either Dimension 3D's Poser eXplorer or P3dO to load content into Poser, so I hardly ever open the library palette; I can arrange my content to suit myself, and I don't have to conform to the usual Runtime layout. I'll be putting a tutorial together at some point...) I had planned to put hair under the Figures category, grouped with the figure it is meant to fit, which is what I've done with clothing and characters. However many hair pieces have fittings for several figures; should I repeat them (and all their MAT poses) in each figure category? And most HR2 type hair can be fitted to another figure without much effort. Hair is more universal than most other figure-specific things. Maybe I should have a separate hair category; but then, how should I sort the hair? By style? By length? By artist? I'm all at sea here. I suppose I should just put something together and see how usable it is, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask if any of you have any ideas. When you're deciding on hair for a character, what's the first criterion you use to narrow down your search?