Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 Rendering & RAM Issues

Rhiana opened this issue on Feb 20, 2008 · 24 posts

Rhiana posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 11:48 AM

Question.

I tried to create a scene with Poser 7. It includes the medieval Tavern Setup with bar-room. All Pre-Sets.
Also three of my characters I created seperate and imported into the scene.

1. It gets extremely slow, it's a pain to move the characters into place. (I tried to workaround the worst pain by morphing and posing the characters seperately a couple of days before.

2. When I start to render the program heavily breaks down up to a crash.

My system contains a non over-clocked:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo - E6850 3,00 GHz
4GB RAM (GEIL)
Vista Ultimate 64

First Poser was incapable to use the 4GB RAM...
I got myself a nice tool called "PE Explorer" to make Poser 7 using the full 4 GB RAM during rendering.

It only helped a little. Still, when I use scene presets including more than one character the rendering process dies after a while :-(

I tried it in two variations now. Rendering normally, full... or Rendering the area
Rendering the area brings a slightly better chance of success, yet the resolution is not as good as if I used the normal full rendering.

Any clues? (As I said, I am using preset stuff medieval Tavern, and only the tap-room not kitchen and or anything else. My three characters are M3, V4, M3... partially with their own textures)

Anything I might have missed? Is the size of the texture-files in total also an issue?