Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Grouping Characters

107Cornfields opened this issue on Feb 25, 2008 · 7 posts

107Cornfields posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 2:41 AM

Hi guys,

once I have imported my characters into my poser scene (the characters are a couch, person sitting on it, and person standing next to it), how can I group them together so I can position them correctly in my scene. 

I have already spent time posing them and getting them to interact with each other, don't want to do it all again. I hope I have explained that OK.

Thank you all for your help.

svdl posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 3:48 AM

Easiest way: load a primitove prop (a box) into your scene.
Select your first figure in the scene, choose Figure -> Set Figure Parent from the menu, and pick the box.
Do the same for the second/third/whatever figure.

Now you can move the box around, and the figures will move with it. Make the box invisible before rendering.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

107Cornfields posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 7:51 AM

Brilliant, thanks a lot :)

AnAardvark posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 4:08 PM

Here is another great use of props. If you want to uniformly scale a figure and his/her clothes, you can parent the figure to a prop and then scale the prop.

107Cornfields posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 2:29 AM

That is a handy tip also, thank you Aardvark

Paloth posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 12:55 AM

If you want to uniformly scale a figure and his/her clothes, you can parent the figure to a prop and then scale the prop. That's a useful trick, but why must one resort to tricks to perform such a basic, essential function in Poser?

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

AnAardvark posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 4:00 PM

Quote - If you want to uniformly scale a figure and his/her clothes, you can parent the figure to a prop and then scale the prop. That's a useful trick, but why must one resort to tricks to perform such a basic, essential function in Poser?

And, I just found out, it doesn't work. (For some reason I thought it had...)