Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Mouse events in Python?

Cage opened this issue on Feb 27, 2008 · 15 posts

Cage posted Wed, 27 February 2008 at 12:05 AM

I've noticed the new Scene().WorldToScreen() function in Poser 7, and I've been thinking about its possibilities.  Could it be used to gain access to the 3D view in Python?  Click in an area and select the nearest vertex, is my thought.

Unfortunately, the only Python functions I can find relating to mouse position or events are in the curses module, which apparently only works on Linux.  There is a Windows curses available, but it only includes some keyboard functions.

Does anyone know of any other way to access mouse location or click data in Python?  Could this be approached using a .dll or something?  Or is it all just impossible?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.