Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Parameter Dials

sidossa opened this issue on Mar 01, 2008 · 5 posts

sidossa posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 11:28 AM

Is there a way to delete some of the Parameter Dials of a figure?

Thank you

markschum posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 11:38 AM

you can hide them using a python program , I dont know if theres another way  .

ok, I am gonna say it .... I resisted  but ....

What is it you want to do ?     Poser will show a dial if that parameter is defined for the figure unless its hidden .

Angelouscuitry posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 12:11 PM

Attached Link: Why it takes loads of time to open file with 3 DAZ V3/M3 textured characters?

Deleting Morph Parameter Dials, is a great way to save space in your scene; especially when they are just set to 0(useless.)  And consolidating the ones with values is another way to save space.

lesbentley posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 2:33 PM

A dial is just the visible manifestation of a channel. So the first question is do you want to get rid of the dial or the channel as well? In a Poser library file, each channel has a parameter named 'hidden' which has a value of "1" = hidden, or "0" = displayed. To hide the dial you can change this value either by editing the file in a text editor, or by applying a pose in Poser.

To delete the whole channel, if the file is stored in an uncompressed format you can delete the channels in a text editor, or a cr2 editor such as CR2Builder, or Cr2Editor. If the file is in a compressed format you will have to decompress it first.

To give any more advice I would need to have a better idea of exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Angelouscuitry posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 4:07 PM

Or if yous click on the little triangle, on the right of the morph dial, you'll see the option to Delete an individual morph.