Forum: Community Center

Subject: Linking Images?

Angelouscuitry opened this issue on Mar 02, 2008 · 4 posts

Angelouscuitry posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 4:26 PM

A lot of times I read threads, that can be answered by previous threads I've replied to;  and quite often by images I've posted to previous threads.  When I'd posted these images, previously, I knew their preview would be relatively small; but that after clicking, would give a larger display.  So I generally upload images that are a full screen shot of my 1280 x 1024 display.  My problem is when I try to link an image, from one renderosity thread to another, the new thread gets plasterd with a huge image; because the forum mechanics in place, that downsizes images to a preview size, are'nt in place.  Though it does'nt make much sense to upload the same image over and over; when linking does'nt cost any additional memory.

Might anyone know how I could use the Source button, to limit the display size of the image I'm linking?  I would like to learn how to link an image much just how an uploaded image behaves; because I often select a linked image to embed a link to the thread the original image came from.  But even if I could just learn how to make a linked image display smaller, I could make that second link to point to the original image, so when clicked it would display the full image; and then use the Attached Link feature to link the original thread.