Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I see the girl next door 4 has been released... not bad at all!

Darboshanski opened this issue on Mar 06, 2008 · 57 posts

Darboshanski posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 6:32 PM

GND4

My Facebook Page

SamTherapy posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 6:46 PM

👍

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Conniekat8 posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 6:47 PM

I saw that!  I was wondring what he's up to something when I saw blackhearted around the forums a day or so ago!   This is very exciting news :D
I have a project on the back burner with GND 2 clothes, I may have to adapt them to GND4 in a hurry

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

jartz posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 7:36 PM

Interesting, finally something bold/new in the V4 vein.

I'll certainly be holding the fort on this one -- ::purrr::

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

mylemonblue posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 8:26 PM

I had no idea he was still doing anything with poser and really wondered if he found 4V to his liking or not. It's great to see he is still posering. Next question. Does GND4 work with the older V4.1? Has anyone tried that yet?

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

pjz99 posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 8:30 PM

Well if anyone doesn't care for long toes, I still have a basic morph freebie to shorten em ^_^

My Freebies

Blackhearted posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 10:36 PM

Quote - I had no idea he was still doing anything with poser and really wondered if he found 4V to his liking or not. It's great to see he is still posering. Next question. Does GND4 work with the older V4.1? Has anyone tried that yet?

yep.
actually all of my promos and things are just the V4 Base model.

mylemonblue posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 11:37 PM

Hi Blackhearted! You just made my day! Thanks for the info. Your new GND4 looks fantastic. You totally rock. ^__^

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

drifterlee posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 2:13 AM

I just bought her. Very nice, but I would have liked pubic hair and some makeup options.

FrankT posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 2:17 AM

She is nice and renders rather well in Poser.  I've not taken her into Vue yet for the SkinVue treatment but once I get some clothes converted for her Hugs his WW2 then we'll see what we can come up with.

Some makeup and pubes would be good too but I'm sure I can figure something out :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

pjz99 posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 4:57 AM

Quote - I just bought her. Very nice, but I would have liked pubic hair and some makeup options.

If you have V3/SP3 pubic hair transmaps you'd like to use (and I'm sure you have many):
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2675966

My Freebies

Blackhearted posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 6:35 AM

Hi folks,

She has a made-up face texture as well as a natural one without make-up.  I think that simple eyeliner with a light eyeshadow looks by far the best, and that is what I chose to include.

I focused all of my effort on creating the body morph and texture and included what I thought looked good. The artist should look at her as a 'canvas' and customize what they like. I dont think that a dozen red, yellow and green eyeshadows would have enhanced the product. She has heavy liner and a faint eyeshadow, its what many women wear these days and looks the best on her. Each variant of this would have been hardly noticeable but would be 2.5 extra megs of bloated product for the end user.

Rio is working on a small add-on however and I will ask her to include several makeups.

cheers,
-gabriel

FrankT posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 7:12 AM

Ahh that would be what those two Mats were then.  I only had a very brief look at her but I'll be fiddling a bit more extensively tonight when I get a chance (that sounds Sooo wrong)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Blackhearted posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 7:55 AM

heh.
yes, default is with makeup and natural is without, and both have an AO and no-AO version.

btw, if you are toggling the lip gloss on or off via MATs then make sure you use the same 'type' as the skin MAT you loaded. so if you are using the 'natural AO' skin then make sure you use the AO lip mats with it, otherwise you will get a small 'seam' in the shadows at the edge of the lip.

really there is no reason NOT to use the AO materials unless you have a slow computer or are doing preview renders and want to speed them up. make sure to check out the PDF tutorial when you get a chance as all this stuff is explained.

cheers,
-gabriel.

FrankT posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 8:11 AM

I'll probably be rendering her in Vue so the AO mats won't make much difference :) I rarely render anything in Poser these days. 

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Blackhearted posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 8:38 AM

with the right settings the Firefly renderer actually isnt so bad.... it grows on you. its certainly come a long way from Poser 4.

id rather see Poser 8 come with new rigging and weight-mapped joints than more renderer upgrades - IMO for the home artist the Poser renderer is quite adequate.

the more you use Poser's advanced features the more they grow on you. the next step really should be to refine the rigging system and joints..... but there is much foot-dragging involved because both companies have so much invested in legacy Poser content.

stormchaser posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 10:42 AM

Oh WOW, I had no idea there was a new GND on the way. GND2 & Irina are two of the best figures I've had so this comes as a great surpise.
I've just checked out the promos of #4 & boy does she look good. With so many average V4 characters out there this is just what was needed. Gabriel, you & Rio did a fine job there, the detail in this is tremendous, from the body shape to the textures. Just fantastic!

Oh, & Frank. You go easy on her now. 😉

stormchaser posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 10:46 AM

Just a thought, I'm wondering what she would be like injected into A4?

Blackhearted posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 10:56 AM

thanks,

as for A4 - i wouldnt recommend it. aiko's morph balloons out the thighs and thins the waist significantly, and GND4 already has fuller thighs and a thinner waist than V4, so the end result is very caricature-like. it wasnt really intended to be combined with something like aiko4 since the base bodies are very different.

i have something in mind to address this but itll have to wait until i finish some clothing for GND4 - thats going to monopolize my time for the next month at least.

cheers,
-gabriel

stormchaser posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 11:07 AM

Gabriel - Thanks for the info.  I was just thinking about using partial morphs of GND4 & A4. I guess most would come out strange but I can't help experimenting!
Any chance of letting us know what type of clothing you'll be doing for her?

Conniekat8 posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 11:09 AM

*with the right settings the Firefly renderer actually isnt so bad.... it grows on you. its certainly come a long way from Poser 4.

I didn't get a chance to play with GND4 yet, but I remember your GND2 and Irina products have a wonderful Firefly, lighting and AO set of instructions in their readme's!!!*

stormchaser posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 11:11 AM

Just realised the bikini in the promos is on the way. Oh boy!!

Darboshanski posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 11:55 AM

She's on me purchase list!

My Facebook Page

Turtle posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 12:01 PM

I would love to  see a close up of her Natural face.

Love is Grandchildren.

FrankT posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 1:11 PM

Oh yeah, Firefly gets a lot of stick, unfairly sometimes.  Ok so it's missing some fairly fundamental things like SSS and real GI but you can fake the latter quite convincingly if you put some effort into it (not to mention it'll render heaps faster than a full GI solution too)

Don't hold your breath on a new rig though :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Blackhearted posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 1:25 PM

> Quote - Gabriel - Thanks for the info.  I was just thinking about using partial morphs of GND4 & A4. I guess most would come out strange but I can't help experimenting! > Any chance of letting us know what type of clothing you'll be doing for her?

well, this time its controlled by a body dial so you can tone the GND morph down to, say, .333 or something to just inject a bit of shape. its up to you guys to see what you can combine though, i just make the base morph and the next day im working on clothing, lol, i wont have the luxury to play with combinations for months. if i dont get clothing out ASAP you guys will lynch me.

basic stuff first - the bikini and lingerie. after that some other stuff, hehe.. i cant say. im not trying to be all 'mysterious' or anything, i just keep tight-lipped about everything until its actually in the queue. i am sneaky-sneaky like that.

cheers,
-gabriel

stormchaser posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 2:01 PM

I've got to say Gabriel, V4 has never looked so good.
I have bashed V4 in the past until recently when I did my first proper render with her & now I see this!
As soon as I get some spare cash together I know where it's going.
Although I love the figure you've created I know I will end up experimenting with partial morphs etc, I doubt they'll be better than what you done but I always experiment.

Quote - basic stuff first - the bikini and lingerie.

You won't hear many complaints!

sfrench posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 2:23 PM

Gabriel,

I got her last night, Made up my mind that I had to have her as soon as I sawn her.

I have all you products and she is the best yet.

Thanks for the Great product GND4 Rates a 10++++++
Looking forward to some clothes. 

Also maybe some one could develop some clothing magnets for V4 wardrobe to fit her...

Thanks Steve

kuroyume0161 posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 3:31 PM

GND4 is definitely a worthy character for V4 - highly recommended there. :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

dajones3 posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 4:16 PM

Way cool!  I do love the body morph, and that is a killer texture.  A question, however. In the GND 2 you included a "lite" version of Blackeyes, (and they worked very well ) but I already had the full product.  The question is, have you thought about adding a V4 part to the BE package or a new one for V4 by itself?  I use BE exclusively for all of my V3 renders and love the results. I have tried to use the V3 version on V4 and it is partially successful, but it still looks a bit off.   Do you have any suggestions on how to set up the V3 BE to better fit V4? 

Ok, that was more than 1 question.. :)

Thanks in advance

DCArt posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 4:59 PM

Fantastic job as always, Gabe!!! She went into the cart as soon as a little birdie told me she was available. 8-)

Blackhearted posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 5:56 PM

Quote - Way cool!  I do love the body morph, and that is a killer texture.  A question, however. In the GND 2 you included a "lite" version of Blackeyes, (and they worked very well ) but I already had the full product.  The question is, have you thought about adding a V4 part to the BE package or a new one for V4 by itself?  I use BE exclusively for all of my V3 renders and love the results. I have tried to use the V3 version on V4 and it is partially successful, but it still looks a bit off.   Do you have any suggestions on how to set up the V3 BE to better fit V4? 

ill be doing an updated version, however i have the more pressing issue of GND4 clothing to attend to first, heh.

as for tips to use them with V4... it should just be a matter of hiding V4's original eyes, moving the blackeyes into place, scaling the same size as her eyes, and saving to your library. i have no idea how her tear thingie will affect things. all eyes are usually just spheres, however, so its always just a matter of scaling the sphere to the right size and moving it into position, parenting it, and saving it. you could use blackeyes as the eyes of a camel or squirrel, if you wanted to...

V4's eyes are mapped poorly IMHO. much of the map is 'lost', only a small portion of it is actually visible, the UV mapping is very wasteful.

pjz99 posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 6:11 PM

Be aware there is some JCM or magnet voodoo going on with the eyeballs, as they rotate the eyelids morph to follow.  While replacing them with props might be okay, imo you probably want to follow the original geometry VERY closely or it's going to look odd in closeups.

My Freebies

Blackhearted posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 6:30 PM

hrm. i suppose you could parent the replacement eyes to the V4 eyes and use the V4 eyes 'point at' to control their direction. that way the eyelids link to the V4 eyes would function properly.

ill have to see what i can do. perhaps i can reshape the daz mesh to a better shape and squish out some of the polys so that more of the mapping is visible.

fauve posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 9:33 PM

The more I render her the more I fall in love with her.  :)  I love that she has a taut, toned dancer's  physique that is muscular and strong, very aesthetic but still stringently anatomically correct.  No giant balloon breasts, no weird sixteen-inch waist, no Rob Liefield proportions.  If you brought GND4 to life she'd look completely human, unlike most morphs.  I seriously would have paid the asking price for this package just for the morph;  the excellent textures and all of the bonus info and hints for Firefly rendering are just the (very welcome) icing on the cake.  Bravo, Gabriel, you've taken V4 to the next level.

operaguy posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 11:24 PM

Gabriel, very cool! Thank goodness for someone thinking outside the box. More power to you.

I really petition you, however, to post at least one close up of the gal with no makeup as others have also requested. There is not one image of that anywhere, at Daz, in the store item or in this thread or one the hi-res links at your site.

While the package is worth it for the body and head morph, I'd also like to get a skin out of it too, and the eyeliner face is not my thing.

If that is unacceptable, could someone else who has purchased her please post a render of her with the no-makeup variant please.

Respectfully,

::::: Opera :::::

operaguy posted Fri, 07 March 2008 at 11:27 PM

I echo fauve's comment above and add: Thank goodness for women with women's hips. You couldn't say she was a pear, but the intimation of delicious pear hips is visible. 

Love it.

dajones3 posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 10:10 AM

Thanks for the tips and the really quick answer Gabriel.  I never thought about the parenting of the BEs to the V4 eyes to get the eyelid motion down.  Now to test it all the suggestions out.  We'll have wait patiently and see what you come out with for her accessories and clothing....

StevieG1965 posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 10:57 AM

Totally love her!!  Question...will the basic clothing be an update or an add-on purchase package??  I'm not good at clothes tweaking, and WW2 is still a mystery to me.  But, who cares?  She's awesome looking!

Blackhearted posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 12:05 PM

hey, sorry for the delay. heres the 4th promo with the natural face subbed in. theres a blur applied to the HAIR areas.

her eyes look a touch squinty, i would have opened them a touch more for the natural texture since the eyeliner makes them look more open.

cheers,
-gabriel

SamTherapy posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 12:11 PM

Well, I'm just hoping there's a mad rush to buy my stuff so I can build up some store credit, cuz I'm skint. :biggrin:

Top work there, Gabriel, as per.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

operaguy posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 12:18 PM

Thanks Gabriel, she looks beautiful stark naked from the neck up and don't you forget it!

We can squint/unsquint her. She got dials!

Nice eyes ha ha ha.

Turtle posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 3:09 PM

Thanks Gabriel for posting the no make up. I really like her face a whole lot. Beautiful Morph work on Body and Face.

Love is Grandchildren.

Giana posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 3:21 PM

i agree.  she is wonderful with that naked face -- very soap & water fresh-looking...

stormchaser posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 5:07 PM

Love the skin details in that pic, especially the lips.

operaguy posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 3:20 PM

Here's mine...... 

Lighting by Mec4D
Render in the great Poser7 Firefly
No postwork except to brush away one small defect.

The visible image is just a placeholder. Click below for full PNG image.

http://jjkirnan.com/images/gnd4.png

Question: she sure has unusual eyebrows. Are they correct? Is the left one supposed to be on the right and vice versa?

Blackhearted posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 12:51 AM

?
yes they are correct.

this is an absolutely horrid photo of angie - she looks like she should be on a morgue table - but ehh, you get the idea.

Anniebel posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 7:10 AM

She renders beautifully - Full piccie is [ HERE](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1634234)

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

drifterlee posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 10:32 AM

But Angelina Jolie has BIG BOOBS!

Blackhearted posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 12:05 PM

now, because shes pregnant.

Joe-B-Wan posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 8:41 AM

Quote - > Quote - Gabriel - Thanks for the info.  I was just thinking about using partial morphs of GND4 & A4. I guess most would come out strange but I can't help experimenting!

Any chance of letting us know what type of clothing you'll be doing for her?

well, this time its controlled by a body dial so you can tone the GND morph down to, say, .333 or something to just inject a bit of shape. its up to you guys to see what you can combine though, i just make the base morph and the next day im working on clothing, lol, i wont have the luxury to play with combinations for months. if i dont get clothing out ASAP you guys will lynch me.

basic stuff first - the bikini and lingerie. after that some other stuff, hehe.. i cant say. im not trying to be all 'mysterious' or anything, i just keep tight-lipped about everything until its actually in the queue. i am sneaky-sneaky like that.

cheers,
-gabriel

Hey Gabriel,

Do you have plans to refit any of Irina's or GND2's wardrobe for GND4? I'd love to see the Irina Adventuress outfit and the rest available for her!
Also, in the interest of partial strength GND4 dial spinners, (and regular old V4 users) do you plan on providing V4 base and Morph++ support for the new clothes you have coming?

Thanks, Joe

Blackhearted posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 9:00 AM

possibly, although I am working a lot faster now so something should be out for her every 2 weeks or so. if im not too busy with new content ill consider going back and converting some of the older stuff.

as for v4 support - in the really tight form-fitting stuff like the bikini? some of the stuff i model for GND just wouldnt look right on vicky's base body, so tight stuff like GND's swimsuits and lingerie will be for GND only.

other stuff? yes, ill do what i can to fit it to V4 within reason: i dont believe that a Tutu requires the V4 obese morph.

cheers,
-gabriel

Joe-B-Wan posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 10:09 AM

Agreed!
And to be honest, I'm more likely to use her morph at full strength myself.

Conniekat8 posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 11:39 AM

as for v4 support - in the really tight form-fitting stuff like the bikini? some of the stuff i model for GND just wouldnt look right on vicky's base body, so tight stuff like GND's swimsuits and lingerie will be for GND only.

I'd love to second this statement!
This is just why some time back decided to start modeling certain outfits for GND, rathe then Base Vicki. They just don't look right on the base figure, and by the time you dial various body morphs, you get a yucky looking mishmash.

Anything that I end up making will have GND and a limited number of morphs for body styles similar to GND. I will not include morphs that distort the garment in a manner that will get you busted by fashion police ;)

darhorn posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 2:49 PM

Attached Link: Darrin's Den

she looks great!  and renders really well, been waiting for this ever since v4 came out.

XENOPHONZ posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 6:07 PM

Excellent job, Gabriel.  :thumbupboth:

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Lenora2 posted Mon, 24 March 2008 at 9:24 AM

GND4 is amazing, saw some pictures and loved her

now a tricky question... Maybe you could ask, I don't know, someone who's good with adapting magnets to build up a fitting magnet to GND4 (to use V4 clothes on her and stuff like that). Using Netherworks clothkit with the magnets is also a very good thing, since it converts the magnets into morphs, so I've been thinking it would be a great idea, don't you guys agree?? grinlove