Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: anyone know?????????????

grylin opened this issue on Mar 14, 2008 · 139 posts

grylin posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 2:25 PM

i tried  to get into daz3d com. but havent been able to  the whole day where i live. i tried tho form a different computer at an internet cafe and it worked
.why is that? ive tried eveything:Pyes, everything:P

SamTherapy posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 2:33 PM

Sounds like either your firewall has decided DAZ isn't welcome on your computer any more or (more likely) your ISP has a problem somewhere.  Or something.

BTW, it's working just dandy for me.  Thought you'd like to know that. :)

And I bet you haven't tried standing with your left leg in a bucket of custard, either.  It won't make any difference but you did say you tried everything.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

BAR-CODE posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 2:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/default/default/-/?

works for me try this link...

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

grylin posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 2:58 PM

ok. ive checked my firewall. and everything is as it was when i checked last time:P ill try tho-but nope. i dunno why its happened.. oh well

Glasswren posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 3:55 PM

I cannot get there either. And there is no reason why my firewall should have suddenly eaten the site. It's probably some server somewhere between Utah and here that is suffocating.

grylin posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 4:01 PM

ok. i thoght i was alone:P but weird tho i got to it at another puter earlier in my town. hmmmmm. and i live in norway

Glasswren posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 4:07 PM

I live in Finland....Hmm...

grylin posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 4:07 PM

:) lets hope it  is available again soon:)

Norse_Graphics posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 4:29 PM

I cannot enter DAZ3d either, living in Oslo, Norway.

grylin posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 4:33 PM

hei .ja . det er kjipt at man ikke kommer inn.:) i hoooope it gets fixed!!!! .. besides... i need to  be in the chat:P..   etc et.. its soo addictive .lol..

prixat posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 5:16 PM

Have you tried their IP address: http://38.103.62.29/ in case its a DNS failure?

regards
prixat

grylin posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 5:18 PM

just did.still nuthin

Norse_Graphics posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 6:10 PM

Quote - hei .ja . det er kjipt at man ikke kommer inn.:) i hoooope it gets fixed!!!! .. besides... i need to  be in the chat:P..   etc et.. its soo addictive .lol..

Hehehe, vet at det er kjipt. :) I also hope it'll get fixed. Somehow I was thinking there was a missing link.... hahahah, the oldest joke on internet....

stormchaser posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 7:13 PM

Quote - And I bet you haven't tried standing with your left leg in a bucket of custard, either.  It won't make any difference but you did say you tried everything.

Somebody must have tried it to know it doesn't work! :blink:

LilOne posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 2:07 AM

Cannot get there either -- I am over in Sweden.

Did someone chew off the transatlantic cable?

SamTherapy posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 2:36 AM

I'm in the UK and so is Stormchaser.  So, whatever the problem is, it ain't that.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LilOne posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 3:44 AM

I know that is not really is as I can get to other US sites anyway...  But something is broken somewhere, evidently.  Oh well, just to wait and see then...

Glasswren posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 4:16 AM

It times out at the point where it has just left the country. Which makes sense with the information from the others living in the same part of the World.

Max_Raptor posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 4:21 AM

Can be that your ISP/ ISP's (if you have different ones ) are having routing issues, or some shmuck at DAZ blocked you guys IP adress span maybe (not likely nut..)

grylin posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 7:55 AM

ok .now its just annoying. i cant even send emails to them.... i recieved a newsletter but cant view etc..... still no daz3d for me.... whyyyy???. could anyone figure that out?? anf faeriewylde too is gone for me..  its impossible that ive been banned for any reason.. i hope someone knows whut to do and gets help to get it fixed.

Max_Raptor posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 8:05 AM

Ok to troubleshoot you need to bone out the actuall problmem

1. can your computer resolve the daz3d.com into and IP adress ?
         if Yes  then it's not a DNS problem, if no you have a DNS issue and talk to your ISP
  2. If it resolves, try doing a tracert xxx.xxx.xxx (ip adress) see if you can reach the host
  3. if the trace works, try telnet xxx.xxx.xxx :80 or 8080, if you get a promt it connects

Ones u know u can reach the host and connect to the web server and it still won't show, it's most likely a local computer problem, firewall, somthing is blocking it simply

grylin posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 8:08 AM

oh ive checked my firewall settings. everything is a ok. ive tried that too. gawd ive tried to resolve isues up the wazoo!!! my router is also fine. besides there aer other ppl from scandinavia aswell who cant get there..:(but anywho i give up already.  ill try again in a month i think. thnx tho

Max_Raptor posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 8:12 AM

I'm in Finland and I reach it just fine, yes if more ppl having the same problem I would say it's a larger network resolv issue, hard for you to troubleshoot, and most likely not at your end, I still recomend calling the ISP and see if they can resolv/connect to the sites.

Norse_Graphics posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 9:00 AM

Still no luck, and it isn't my ISP as I can access other sites. The connection times out, meaning it never receives a response. Maybe it is on DAZ' end? I hope somebody can tell them we're having problems. If it means anything to you Lady Vamp I use NextGenTel. I hope they are not the ones screwing up my connections to DAZ!!

grylin posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 9:16 AM

bruker nextgentel jA!  maybe nextgentel are causing it?  oh well.  or daz themslves.. i hope they are aware of it  ...

Max_Raptor posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 9:25 AM

If nextgentel uses the same network adress plan for all of you, most likely they use NAT and have a fairly small adress span , it might very well be so that DAZ had been attaced by someone from the same adress span as you two are using, then someone at DAZ had blocked a adress span not single clients, this would affect ANY one on your adress plan, this is why u need to call the ISP and ask if THEY can connect, if they can't, it's affecting a whole adress span not specific clients.

By using Netstat or some window based GUI's for network connectivity test you can see what exact IP message you get from the timeouts, mind you it requers a bit of IP know how to understand the feedback you get, but your ISP should do this for you, ask to talk to a supervisor rather then the 15yo numb skull that usually picks the phone up when you first call them

squash posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 10:09 AM

Ikke her heller.. klokken 16.07. NextGenTel-bruker. But who cares. Go out in the sun and have some fun instead.

yvonne. posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 10:55 AM

I can´t access DAz or Artzone either and I live in Sweden. I talked to my ISP today and they said it was some kind of problem with a server my ISP was using in the USA, it´s fixed now so it should be working soon.

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

Max_Raptor posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 10:57 AM

Yes routing problems, not a DNS problem, thanks for the update :)

LilOne posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 10:57 AM

My ISP says they have fixed it (they have had issues with it before) but it needs to progress through their system (one of their DNS servers, basically).  I have yet to try a proxy, but I will give it another day to see if it works then.

(I did a tracert which stopped dead at their server, so...  Yeah.)

grylin posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 11:01 AM

will they fix it for everyone in  scandinavia?? 

Max_Raptor posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 11:03 AM

if it's a DNS issue u should be able to connect using the IP adress 38.103.62.29

grylin posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 11:05 AM

not a dns problem. wasnt able to connect. i give up now

Tiny posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 12:57 PM

Having the same problem here since several hours.
I live very north in Sweden at the border to Finland.

Hello everybody in Scandinavia!  😄
/me waves hand/

yvonne. posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 1:15 PM

NI som bor i Sverige, använder ni er av Telia?

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

grylin posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 1:22 PM

waves back:D

Tiny posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 1:54 PM

Yvonne, jag har Bredbandsbolaget. (translation: I'm using Bredbandsbolaget)

grylin 😄

Norse_Graphics posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 6:11 PM

Has anybody contacted DAZ to hear if they've blocked IP-numbers for many Scandinavian members?

MarianneR posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 6:50 PM

I live in Malmö, Sweden, and I can't reach DAZ using Telia. Tele2 works though.

I contacted the support at Telia yesterday and they said it was a routing problem.

Tiny posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 6:54 PM

I took a chance and sent an email to support -at- daz3d.com (don't remember their email address) asking if they are having any connection problems towards Scandinavia. Don't know what else to do.

Wonder where the routing problem is.

Glasswren posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 7:17 PM

Unfortunately, I seem to recall that DAZ only reads the support requests sent through the form at the website. Besides they probably cannot do anything about it either. :(

I've got Telia-Sonera here and the connection times out right after Helsinki core.

This cost me the Seal. sniff

kaholmli posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 7:42 PM

I live in Helsingborg, Sweden, and I can't reach DAZ using Glocalnet.

Tiny posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 8:09 PM

The email I sent bounced just now so no go that way. And as you said Glasswren - they probably can't do anything about it.
A pity to miss out on things though. :crying:

I'm off to bed now. Hopefully all is ok tomorrow. Or is that today... already... 2.08 am here...

nruddock posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 8:15 PM

Attached Link: http://daz.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/daz.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

DAZ's support system is hosted by another company, so you might be able to get to that to report the problem.

Raindroptheelf posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 9:16 PM

I am in the UK and can not get there either, it tells me it is an DNS error. hmmm

Norse_Graphics posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 10:17 PM

Quote - DAZ's support system is hosted by another company, so you might be able to get to that to report the problem.

I sent a support-request telling of this problem of not being able to connect.

Glasswren posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 2:45 AM

Quote - I sent a support-request telling of this problem of not being able to connect.

Thank you.

Tiny posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 4:34 AM

Norse_Graphics, thanks! 👍

nruddock**,** can't get to that place either. Thanks anyhow. 😄

yvonne. posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 4:39 AM

This is soo annoying!!!!! '
I really need to go over to Daz, have important stuff to take care of there. Now I don´t know if emails from them get to me..they should, don´t they???

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

ghostman posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 4:46 AM

Still nothing on this? I'm having big problems my self here. The weird thing is that it is only Daz site that I'm having problems with. Let's hope this issue is getting solved by tmw. Since it's a weekend they hardly work today.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Tiny posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:09 AM

Typical too - let loose a campain on friday, go home, have the whole thing crash (in this case for some areas), don't do anything until monday.  :rolleyes:

ghostman, yeah me too - only DAZ.

ghostman posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:12 AM

Well! It is sunday after all! Church day! :D

Join PoserLounge Chat

yvonne. posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:23 AM

I can´t go to http://www.faeriewylde.com/ or http://3-darena.com/ either.

What I find really strange is that I can´t go to Daz (http://www.daz3d.com/ or Artzone (http://artzone.daz3d.com/) but I can go to PoserPros (http://poserpros.daz3d.com/ )?????

They all use daz3d.com domain

Is it the same for you???

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

ghostman posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:26 AM

Yep! same here. :(

Join PoserLounge Chat

Max_Raptor posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:28 AM

This is the hosting company where Daz3d.com is located

OrgName:    Performance Systems International Inc.
OrgID:      PSI
Address:    1015 31st St NW
City:       Washington
StateProv:  DC
PostalCode: 20007

I thought Daz had their own servers, which they don't so the problem is probably at the hosting company, it also seems not to be isolated to scandinavian regions when I read the thred. To be honest there can be 100 different reasons for this behaviour and I am sure it will eventually be resolved, which I could be of more help to ya guys..

ghostman posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:36 AM

WOW! Great work Max_Raptor. Thank you. :)
Atleast we have something to go on. But I guess nothing will happend until late tmw our time, since we are a couple of hours ahead.

Join PoserLounge Chat

Max_Raptor posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:41 AM

Not strange

becuse the two are on the 38.103.62.xxx network,
while poserpros are on 72.233.77.xxx network

so it seems and I am pretty sure that you won't reach any host on the 38.103.62.xxxx network.

grylin posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:42 AM

hey all. im  kind of glad im not alone. i thought there was something wrong at my end. hehe. and nope cant get to faeriewylde either or artzone. lets hope they are nowable to fix it for us a. im missing out on alot  tooooo!  mails, messages, chats, contests , freee things:P hopes it gets fixed

Max_Raptor posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:48 AM

Here you can read a bit about it
http://www.my-whiteboard.com/business/performance-systems-international-inc-is-stealing-your-data-doing-nothing-good.html

Now a reaction like the above might cause someone to block anything coming from that place
which in turn renders these kind of problems

yvonne. posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 6:02 AM

Thanks Max_Raptor, I just hope they know about this problem.
It works through some ISP

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

Tiny posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 6:09 AM

Thank you Max_Raptor, very interesting reading.

I'm getting sooooo tired of having to be aware of and protect from all "evil things" polluting this planet, anything from spyware to child abuse and wars!

Sorry, getting a bit wired up right now... :mad:

Max_Raptor posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 6:14 AM

Yes, but again as I mentioned there might be other reasons for this as well, and the article above had nothing to do with Daz3d, I looked the hosting company up and the have a
class A adress span actually the whole 38.xxx.xxx.xxx network, which is thousands of clients
so I am pretty sure someone will rais their attention to the problem.

The hosting companys web site seems down, atleast for me, and it's on another network.
and daz3d works for me, so it sounds like a big mish mach on the other side of the puddle..

grylin posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 6:15 AM

and it is too!  as soooon as daz fixes it, im gonna be happy then:)

Max_Raptor posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 6:15 AM

Give me a minute,, I'll just reboot the internet ;)

good luck all

Raindroptheelf posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 8:52 AM

Quote - I can´t go to http://www.faeriewylde.com/ or http://3-darena.com/ either.

What I find really strange is that I can´t go to Daz (http://www.daz3d.com/ or Artzone (http://artzone.daz3d.com/) but I can go to PoserPros (http://poserpros.daz3d.com/ )?????

/Yvonne

I clicked on the links and I have the exact same problem.
It gives me a page saying it is an DNS Server Error.
So strange, it just happend, one minute I could go there and suddenly I can not. pffft

My friend has a Site on which I can not get also, same DNS  error message.

I let my hubby check it out later, he is a PC tech and might be my IP or router or whatever that is messing it up.

Max_Raptor posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 9:00 AM

Don't mess with ya system settings, it's not your fault it's else where

Norse_Graphics posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 10:26 AM

Quote - I can´t go to http://www.faeriewylde.com/ or http://3-darena.com/ either.

/Yvonne

Yes, the same happened to me. Got the obligatory "Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 1-2 business days. DAZ 3D business hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm MST Monday through Friday."

Raindroptheelf posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 10:32 AM

I wait and see what we hear from Daz3d about this, but I wonder because my friends site has nothing to do with Daz3d at all and I do get the same DNS Server Error message when I try to get to her Site.
Very strange indeed.

Max_Raptor posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 10:34 AM

It's not a DAZ issue it's somthing else

Norse_Graphics posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 10:35 AM

Quote - Here you can read a bit about it
http://www.my-whiteboard.com/business/performance-systems-international-inc-is-stealing-your-data-doing-nothing-good.html

Now a reaction like the above might cause someone to block anything coming from that place
which in turn renders these kind of problems

So there are terrorists calling themselves "Performance Systems International" located in Washington DC blocking many users from accessing websites in the US?

Max_Raptor posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 10:36 AM

no, read it, they host many many websites, and some of them sends crawler etc that causes problems for those web sites they hit.

Norse_Graphics posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 10:41 AM

Quote - no, read it, they host many many websites, and some of them sends crawler etc that causes problems for those web sites they hit.

Well, they seem to be part of the problem, blocking sites. I wonder how many non-DAZ affiliated non-3D graphics sites they've also blocked.  :cursing:

GhostWulf posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 11:39 AM

hugs gry

Glasswren posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 3:07 PM

So...What have we missed? Were the best MM items out just now? ;)

nruddock posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 4:28 PM

Seal is back to MM price (due to some problem/error) and there's a catchup coupon for any one item you may have missed.

Glasswren posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 5:11 PM

Thanks.

I only missed the Seal. Really would have liked it though. Ah well, at least I got the Squirrel. :)

nruddock posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 6:43 PM

Quote - I only missed the Seal. Really would have liked it though. Ah well, at least I got the Squirrel. :)

As I said the Seal is back to $1.75 until the end of Monday, so if your not seeing that price you should try a hard refresh on the page.

yvonne. posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 2:02 AM

Quote - > Quote - I only missed the Seal. Really would have liked it though. Ah well, at least I got the Squirrel. :)

As I said the Seal is back to $1.75 until the end of Monday, so if your not seeing that price you should try a hard refresh on the page.

The problem we are having is that we can´t access DAZ at all.

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

LilOne posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 2:53 AM

Use a web proxy (if you trust them) -- then you can access the site.  (c:

Norse_Graphics posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 4:06 AM

Got through with web-proxy. Adverts left and right when surfing DAZ3D, though.... Nevermind, I hope the loosers at PSI gets lost, and allow us normal people to surf the DAZ3D without being disconnected.

grylin posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 4:25 AM

ok i got through using a web proxy. is it safe?

http://www.iproxy.in

im running an antivirus scan aswell

LilOne posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 5:07 AM

I have never used a web-proxy before, so I cannot say.  I just noticed it worked -- maybe someone out there knows a good one, that are well used and trustworthy?

To me it is a whole new jungle...  There are plenty of them out there, for certain.

GhostWulf posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 12:41 PM

hugs gry again, I hope I get to see you again!

yvonne. posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:00 PM

Anyone know anything?? I got it usig this proxy http://www.iproxy.in but not anymore :-((

Does anyone know a proxy that works?

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

ghostman posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:04 PM

Hi Yvonne! I'm using this one. www.dold.se. I paid for 1 month and hope that it's fixed until it's expires. 49 swedish crown for a month.

Join PoserLounge Chat

Tiny posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:07 PM

I have stopped trying.  :crying:

grylin posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:19 PM

heres one i use. ya cant post in the groups. but ya can post mails and upload images etc. looks like daz3d hasnt fixed the problem yet tho

http://www.clickgo.info

the link. lol im able to log on yes

yvonne. posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:26 PM

Quote - Hi Yvonne! I'm using this one. www.dold.se. I paid for 1 month and hope that it's fixed until it's expires. 49 swedish crown for a month.

Can you login?

FYI Daz know about this and if it continues they are going to find a solution for thier visitors.

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

LilOne posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:26 PM

I do not know what is wrong, but a few other sites seems affected too -- some say it is OpenDNS who caches DNS but only updates once a month...  I doubt it is Daz, though.

I found ProxySel for Firefox which allows me to switch between more proxies than I can count, though, so until this is fixed (wherever it is) I suppose I will have to use that one -- at least I can turn it on and off with a click now.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4457

Max_Raptor posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:36 PM

Have you tried to connect to 38.103.62.29 ?

Just type in into the browser adress feild instead of www.daz3d.com
will look like this http:// 38.103.62.29

rather then http://www.daz3d.com

yvonne. posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:39 PM

Yes, done that...doesn´t work :-(

/Yvonne

Quote - Have you tried to connect to 38.103.62.29 ?

Just type in into the browser adress feild instead of www.daz3d.com
will look like this http:// 38.103.62.29

rather then http://www.daz3d.com

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

Max_Raptor posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:49 PM

Then it's not a DNS issue, if an IP adress does not work there is network connectivity problems
on other levels, a DNS only resolves the hard to remeber numbers into letters that we can remember/understand.
So if anyone claming this is a DNS not being updated or cashed wrong they don't know what they are talking about and you can ignore them.

and IF this was a DNS cashe issue it would have resolved it self by now, since you all still seem to have problems but it works via proxy it's telling me that the networks you are on are blocked to reach that network daz3d resides on.

The only ones that can make sure this get's fixed are the companis or hosts on the affected networks. I.e Daz for example, they are obviously aware of the problem and I am sure they are pounding on the right sources for this. My recomendation is to use web proxies for now and keep trying till they have the problem fixed, If any one of you hear from Daz WHAT the issue was I would love to be informed :)

LilOne posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:54 PM

I have, with no success.  But, using proxies, I can connect.  Weird, but that is how it is -- I suspect a very early connection through many ISP goes through the problem, whatever and wherever that is.

Thus, if someone along that line has blocked all 38...* or got the wrong IP cached, well, then I understand why (another) proxy works.

LilOne posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 12:57 PM

Quote - and IF this was a DNS cashe issue it would have resolved it self by now

Not if it goes through a DNS cache that only updates once a month (OpenDNS for instance, which I know is causing trouble for at least one other site) and the IP has changed.

yvonne. posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 1:09 PM

Does anyone knows of a proxy that lets you login?

I know this is not a DNS issue, a ISP in USA have disconnected traffic from TeliaSonera (that many smaller company also uses) due to a conflict they having.

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

LilOne posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 2:41 PM

Yes, just learnt about their conflict.  Lovely.

To access login and that?  Not anymore it seems.  Argh.  They (Cogent) are locking down all alternative paths as they are discovered.  👎

Tiny posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 2:44 PM

Quote -
I know this is not a DNS issue, a ISP in USA have disconnected traffic from TeliaSonera (that many smaller company also uses) due to a conflict they having.
/Yvonne

One can always count TeliaSonera to "deliver". 😉

LilOne posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 3:18 PM

It seems as if they both want to expand the bandwidth, but Cogent wants TeliaSonera to pay for it all -- and a lot of ISP's in Europe runs through TeliaSonera.  Politics and economics.  Bah.

Found one that works for logging in at DAZ though -- for the moment...:  http://www.hiderealip.info/

Glasswren posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 3:56 PM

Did anyone else get a practically blank DAZ Newsletter just now? I'm wondering if it is related or not...

From the headline I can guess I am missing on stuff still. And what's worse, I miss my friends. Gets rather lonely without anyone to chat with.

Well, maybe it'll be fixed by the time I get back from the holiday. Gotta stay positve, right? :)

Tiny posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 4:30 PM

Yep, got it. Couldn't see a thing.  Trashed it.

miken999 posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 5:47 PM

Same problem here ... I'm able to connect on ArtZone, but when I want to go to DAZ3D I have partial access to website (red cross on all pictures) and sometimes it doesn't load at all ...

Last time I was able to access DAZ3D was to download Victoria4.2 from my account,
since no luck :(

I'm on Daz3d since 2000, and it's first time I have that kind of problem :(

I'm in Belgium.

R_Hatch posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 12:56 AM

There's a bit more detail on the fiasco in this Washington Post article.

3dvitality posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 1:49 AM

Hi,

response from Germany to this thread: I also cannot reach DAZ for Days - and some other US-based sites too. Some sites like 'rosity ;-), RDNA and so on are available - so for this I'm a lucky man. In case of DAZ it seems that we are really victims of the Cogent/TeliaSonera war :-(((  .
Too bad. No more March Madness News, no new figures and no discounts ...   hard times.

Max_Raptor posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 4:17 AM

Yep there ya go, that explains it all, thanks R:Hatch for that article I had a feeling there was somthing major brewing. I also think we will see more if these kinds of issues as the demand for faster networks raises. Since I am in Finland ( Åland) My provider routes via Estonia then down thru europe, so this is why it works for me ( for now) .

If daz wanted to they could move the site and domain to a german based server, provided they have a current connection to the US server, if I where them I'd make a mirror copy ASAP , redirect the domain to a local server in europe, this crap might take forever to resolve.

12rounds posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 5:54 AM

The problem affects many more than TeliaSonera customers in Nordic countries. There are whole networks all over Europe that use TeliaSonera - none of their customers can reach any Cogent-related sites. There's a growing blog about the issue in here: http://gigaom.com/2008/03/14/the-telia-cogent-spat-could-ruin-web-for-many/ Fortunately I have no problems with my ISP (which is not TeliaSonera) connecting to DAZ, but unfortunately for TeliaSonera's millions of customers, this issue may not resolve easily.

grylin posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 8:11 AM

ohhh .soo annoying.  well, explanis alot yeh.but its a shame. i cant even download this month's freebie, a dinosaur  of some kind. lol. (im using a proxy) and i cant even post or view the groups in artzone!!!!. please, http://www.hiderealip.info/ doesnt let me log in to daz even.  so any other GOOD web proxy sites??????so i can get my  freebie from my cart???

grylin posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 8:22 AM

well, i found one myself,  its ok. i can view the groups in aZ:) and post. but stillll cant get my lil free dino!!:(

http://www.unfilterme.com

a bit better than most

Norse_Graphics posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 9:44 AM

Quote - well, i found one myself,  its ok. i can view the groups in aZ:) and post. but stillll cant get my lil free dino!!:(

http://www.unfilterme.com

a bit better than most

Thanks, it doesn't give as many popups and annoying stuff.

Anyway, I made a thread in the Commons-forum when I used this proxy to connect, and I sent an email to my ISP questioning them about being victims of this stupid disconnection between big network-operators.

nruddock posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 1:53 PM

Attached Link: http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/03/isp-quarrel-par.html

Some more details at the attached link.

Proxies are fine for general browsing, but as you found out you can't login as this requires a secure connection (i.e. an HTTPS one) which can't be proxied, and so is blocked.

grylin posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 4:07 PM

yeah and thats a shame really:(  i cant get what i want or post  in groups:( i reaaaly hope their dispute gets settled. theyre acting like kids i think.and peeving off all of scandinavia. hm!
so till its all fixed in like several months or yrs mybe,) im hanging around here instead:)

LilOne posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 4:08 PM

The one I posted works fine with login, as long as you allow cookies.

Ethereal_Shine posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 8:17 AM

Anyone here that uses Nextgentel that gets into Dazs site by now ?
I have spoken to NextGenTel, and they it`s not on their side, but that the problem will be fixed....that was 5 days ago...LOL

Norse_Graphics posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 10:14 AM

Quote - Anyone here that uses Nextgentel that gets into Dazs site by now ?
I have spoken to NextGenTel, and they it`s not on their side, but that the problem will be fixed....that was 5 days ago...LOL

I have NGT and I can't connect to DAZ, so I assume they're connecting through TeliaSonera to the Cogent-sites in the US.

ghostman posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 5:42 AM

Quote -
Proxies are fine for general browsing, but as you found out you can't login as this requires a secure connection (i.e. an HTTPS one) which can't be proxied, and so is blocked.

I'm using a proxy, and I can login, buy and download. But I payed a fee for it.
The free ones I've tried I had problem with.

Join PoserLounge Chat

yvonne. posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 5:51 AM

I´m using Firefox and use the plugin ProxySel LilOne wrote about on page 3, works really good, and I can login!

I really wish they could solve this soon!

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

ghostman posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 5:53 AM

Looks like we have to wait a looooong time for it to resolve! :(

Join PoserLounge Chat

yvonne. posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 6:03 AM

At least Daz knows about this, and I hope they will make som kind of "workaround". They are loosing income because of this, wonder how many just thinks Daz is down.

/Yvonne

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

ghostman posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 6:05 AM

From what I've seen so far, most peeps don't know about this issue between the two companys.
They think they have probs with the puter.

Join PoserLounge Chat

Norse_Graphics posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 4:47 PM

Hi, I got a response from Kraig Hausmann from DAZ Support, and he suggested the DNS-solution. I explained what was going on as we've found out why we can't connect, and refered to this thread. It is nothing DAZ can do, it isn't their fault in my opinion. So, the only thing to do is to spread awareness about this issue of why people can't get through the net that they used to.

The reason we don't see a bigger uproar is because so far only a minor segemtn of the internet community is affected.

And lastly, I got a response from my ISP, NextGenTel, and they are also aware of this, this is their response (I think most Scandianvians can understand, though I'll translate):

Telia er Nextgentel sin peering partner og derfor rammes vi desverre av dette problemet.

Du kan lese mer på <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.telia.se/privat/kundservice/telia_cogent.page?sl=teliase_aktuelltprv1">http://www.telia.se/privat/kundservice/telia_cogent.page?sl=teliase_aktuelltprv1</a>

Med vennlig hilsen
Kundeservice

NextGenTel<span style="font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">  </span>
[Telia is NextGenTel's peering partner and we are thus unfortunately affected by this problem.

You can read more on <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.telia.se/privat/kundservice/telia_cogent.page?sl=teliase_aktuelltprv1">http://www.telia.se/privat/kundservice/telia_cogent.page?sl=teliase_aktuelltprv1</a> ]

LilOne posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 5:00 PM

DAZ could help this if they can find another route other than the one through Cogent, but I have no idea how that is done or how expensive it is; but it is the way big business do it anyway, with more than one route to their site (in case of things like this or other issues).

But yes, it is not easy to learn what is really the matter with this, so it is easy to assume it is your computer or DAZ that is the problem.

I only hope they (Telia and Cogent) work this out quickly...  Well, I can dream right?  (c;

Ethereal_Shine posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 5:03 PM

Thanks a lot for the answer....now we just have to wait.....
Thinking of everything I have missed out in the March Madness....waahhhh

Monica

Tiny posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 5:11 PM

I've been in contact with my ISP too and they said there is nothing they can do but wait.

Max_Raptor posted Tue, 25 March 2008 at 6:04 PM

Unfortunatly it's not Daz's network all they way so they can't set a fixed static route, that is controlled by all the routers/switches along the way..
maybe a tunnel but that would not help as much, and Daz is  most likely just hosting and not owning the servers and all that as well

Max R

Glasswren posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 11:52 AM

I made a little trip over to my school today and was able to order a couple of things there. Unfotunately downloading must wait as that is not allowed on the public computers.

I can only hope this will get resolved. I guess it must be legal to do this, but I have to question the ethics of making the innocent hurt.

Norse_Graphics posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 1:45 AM

Quote - I made a little trip over to my school today and was able to order a couple of things there. Unfotunately downloading must wait as that is not allowed on the public computers.

I can only hope this will get resolved. I guess it must be legal to do this, but I have to question the ethics of making the innocent hurt.

I wonder if it is a breach on FCC-rules, or something.

Dajadues posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 3:32 AM

I just came from Daz3D.

Maybe you guys need to clean your internet history more often or your old cookies?

The site is not down though.  It's up at this time.

Very odd. Unless your ISP is blocking it for some reason, there's no

other reason for you not to be able to login from your home computer.

It's only a 3D site.

Ethereal_Shine posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 4:13 AM

For people in Norway :

You can read about it here :
https://www.nextgentel.com/drift

I also talked to NGT today, and the man there said that they are working on it, but he couldnt tell when it will be fixed.... And that they were not responisble for memberships, so we dont get a refund from them...
I had to ask, since I have a Platinum Membership at Daz....

Soooo.....I just have to wait.....

LilOne posted Thu, 27 March 2008 at 4:21 AM

Dajadues, if you read the thread you will see this affects a lot of users, and it due to a disagreement between two ISP -- TeliaSonera and Cogent.  DAZ is on the Cogent network, part of which is no longer connected (de-peered).  It even stops some sites in US to reach other sites in US...

The ISP TeliaSonera is not blocking DAZ, but Cogent is not allowing TeliaSonera through anymore (and vice versa, so all European WoW servers are cut off from anyone connecting through Cogent, for instance), thus cutting a lot of people of from DAZ.  It is neither cookies nor internet history affecting it.

Norse_Graphics posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 10:03 AM

They have solved the issue. The stocks of Cogent were plummeting, so they began to rethink their strategy. I'm on DAZ3D and downloading, without proxy or anything inbetween. :)

Tiny posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 10:16 AM

Norse_Graphics, that's good news!

I still can't get to any of the sites (daz and Mec4d for example).
Hope it works here too soon.

MarianneR posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 11:05 AM

Doesn't work for me either yet :(

Norse_Graphics posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 11:26 AM

Quote -  Doesn't work for me either yet :(

I'm there now, and I downloaded lots of stuff. If I can log on, maybe you should check/reset DNS? I cannot think of any other solutions.

MarianneR posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 1:12 PM

Itworks now :)

Tiny posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 1:39 PM

Works here too! 😄

yvonne. posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 1:43 PM

Jihaaaa!!! Finally :-)

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

LilOne posted Fri, 28 March 2008 at 4:15 PM

Yay!  That is a relief!  (c:

miken999 posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 5:25 PM

I Contacted my ISP about DAZ3D access problem ...

They told me to use proxy. So, I set my explorer with proxy adress of my ISP on port 8080
and now I can access DAZ3D without problem ... 8)

yvonne. posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 11:11 PM

Quote - I Contacted my ISP about DAZ3D access problem ...

They told me to use proxy. So, I set my explorer with proxy adress of my ISP on port 8080

Yes, but it works now and have been working for a couple of days.

My store at DAZ
My Renderosity store

miken999 posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 5:37 AM

Quote - > Quote - I Contacted my ISP about DAZ3D access problem ...

Yes, but it works now and have been working for a couple of days.

DAZ3D doesn't work for me without the proxy settings ...
If I don't use that proxy, DAZ3D is almost unreachable & no pictures appear.