Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Morphs not Responding - HELP

ThrommArcadia opened this issue on Mar 14, 2008 · 6 posts

ThrommArcadia posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 5:29 PM

I hate asking for help, but this is really driving me insane.  I remember another posting where this was discussed, but I can't find it now.

Anyway, my problem is with morphs not responding.  It is a pretty standard set-up.  I loaded in David, did some morphs, then loaded in and conformed some pants (from the Desert Soldier set).

Now, when I go to dial the morphs on the pants nothing happens.

I've had this happen before with V3 and M3, so I know it must be an issue others have run up against.

Any solutions?  Any work arounds?

I've tired re-booting and loading the scene over and starting again to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

ThrommArcadia posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 5:35 PM

Okay, here's a weird thing.  I decided to load in a blank David and try the pants on him.  Still no morph response on the pants... except...

I accidentally dialed a morph on the HIP instead of the BODY and I got a reponse.  So I went through and tried a few other body parts.  It seems the morphs will work on the individual areas but not on the mesh as whole.

I don't know if this is related to the other times I've had non-responsive Morphs.

Any thoughts, insights, religious conspiracy theories?

svdl posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 8:11 PM

The pants are likely built as "superconformers" - they should automatically assume the same morph values as the figure they're conformed to. Alas, superconforming breaks with injected morphs, in my experience.

The easiest way is using my copymorphs script, it'll copy all morph dial settings from David to the corresponding morphs in the pants.

www.svdlinden.nl/webposerstuff/downloads/copymorphs.zip

Usage: load David, set the morphs, load the pants, conform the pants to David, then run the script, with either David or the pants selected (doesn't matter what body part).

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

lesbentley posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 8:25 PM

Are these morphs to fit the clothing to the figure? It's possible that the morphs in the conformer figure are slaving to dials in the character figure, the item may have been designed to work that way.

P.S. Cross posted with above.

nruddock posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 8:33 PM

If the M3 pants are behaving, then I'd suspect that the fact that the D3 pants have "conformingTarget" lines in the CR2 may be causing trouble.

Removing these lines from a copy of the CR2 would eliminate them as the cause.

ThrommArcadia posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 5:22 AM

Ah, I thinkyouguys hit on the problem.  The designer of the pants might have been too smart for me.  I Had so many face morphs in the character that I designed that I baked them all down into one morph (including the full body morphs.

If the pants are supposed to be smart, then they obviously would not recognize my custom morph (though made fromt he original Daz morphs.)

I'll try some experiments and see.

Thanks for the answers.  I hate puzzles that I can't solve.