Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: AHHH Vicky.................. Someday!!!!

mocap opened this issue on Apr 15, 2001 ยท 10 posts

mocap posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 5:38 PM

sorry guys couldnt help it. This is one of the tutorial files that came with the Book 'Inside Lightwave [6] " By Dan Alban. I rendered this saturday My OH My!!! I love it when the Lightwave render panel announces: "Computing Preliminary Radiosity Solution" Sorry Just having a Lightwave moment I still love Poser Mocap

Darth_Wookie posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 6:22 PM

wow! That looks spectacular!

Dr Zik posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 6:47 PM

Hi Folks! That's it--I'm getting Lightwave this year! Mocap, this is fabtastic (sic intended) !!! Peter (Dr Zik)

JKeller posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 7:11 PM

The folks at Newtek just confirmed on Thursday that they got my check. LightWave 6.5 should be arriving tomorrow!!! I'm very, very excited. It won't replace Poser for me, I'm planning on using the two closely together.

morganza posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 10:26 PM

Holy shit! When i first glanced at the pic i thought it was a real woman! How much is lightwave 6.5!?!

JKeller posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 11:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.newtek.com

Normally about $2,500, but Newtek has a deal right now where you can get it for $1000 if you own one of several programs they list (out of the list I think After Effects is the cheapest).

wulfie66 posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 4:23 AM

Very nice work mocap...now lets see some of YOUR work...hehehe...just razzin ya man!! I've been using Lightwave since version 5.0...and yes, 6.5 has come a LONG way!! Keep on Wavin!!

BillyGoat posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 9:11 AM

Mocap - you created this following the tutorial? This is prolly the best render i have ever seen (besides the cover shot on the book)... Just incredible!

Fox-Mulder posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 3:12 PM

Buy the Dan Alban book. The Renderosity models on the CD comes with the book. If you get LW 6.5 and this book, you can do EXACTLY this type of rendering, AND, apply the info to your other models... I decided to buy LW 6.5 after seeing the banner ads for Dan Albans book here at Renderosity. And it was the book COVER, of this face, that sold me on the entire concept. If I was Newtek, I would promote Dan Alban's book with LW 6.5 as ONE PACKAGE and they would sell TONS of copies everywhere...

mocap posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 7:26 PM

Hey Fox, Check out the Model they used in the bone creation/weight mapping tutorial in Chapter 11 of albans book why its our very own lovely and talented Posette!! orange dress and all. I think I will try that tutorial this week Ive always wanted to " Bone "Posette (Haw Haw Haw) BTW that Alban CDhas a 30 Day demo of Credos Lifeforms also Mocap