Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: are full body morphs really needed (FBMCC channels)?

chris1972 opened this issue on Mar 26, 2008 · 4 posts

chris1972 posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 4:29 PM

I'm in the process of packaging a new v4 character for sale here at Rendo.
I have a good tutorial for creating the files for the coding needed to open the PBMCC channels and inject the required deltas for the custom morphs.
I have numerous body parts, infact everything but fingers and toes have custom morph targets in addition I made a full body morph dial.
Since the required deltas are being supplied for each body part and each has its own PBMCC channel is the full body morph really needed? It seems like it complicates the programming unneccesarily because each body part has to reference back to the FBM
I'm a bit confused.

pjz99 posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 5:35 PM

The "Full Body Morph" in regards to DAZ figures is really an ERC control dial that goes behind the scenes and spins the PBMCC dials for the user, rather than making them spin up each part by hand themselves.  I know that certain older morph packages have been distributed so that the pose file loaded the deltas and then set all the individual body part dials to 1; however I think users are accustomed to getting a dial on Body to allow them to adjust all the morphs together as they desire.  I'm sure other people have other opinions.

My Freebies

chris1972 posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 5:44 PM

Thanks for your reply
Do you know if there are any programs that streamline this process? I can do it by hand but it would be great if there were a faster way. I dont think Inj Pose builder does this

nickedshield posted Wed, 26 March 2008 at 5:54 PM

You might want to look at the SpawnCharacter script in the Python forum.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.