Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Memory Limit Buffer ?

trades2cash opened this issue on Mar 31, 2008 · 6 posts

trades2cash posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 3:44 PM

In the general Preferences panel under the Render tab is a setting for the memory limit buffer. Could someone tell me just what this is. Mine is set at 32 but i have 4 gigs of memory. Would it be better if i increased it? Thanks for your help. 

nghayward posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 4:13 PM

**"Memory limit buffer

**defines the size of the safety buffer in Megabytes. If less memory is available, the render terminates. Lowering this value can avoid premature termination, but can also affect stability."

Raising the value could cause your render to abort without finishing. If you had problems with renders aborting you could lower it but may cause other problems.**

trades2cash posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 5:47 PM

Thanks for the input. I wasnt sure.

BenBischop posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 12:29 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem, middle in a render, it does EXIT.....??
and when I call it back, it's loads slowly, never had the problem before....it does it sind two weeks or so....
(1 gig of memory)
is there some thing I can do?

nghayward posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 4:59 PM

What are your render settings(Both the render settings dialog and the render tab of general preferences).?

It maybe that some one can suggest some alterations that would improve your situation.

BenBischop posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 5:29 PM

Hi Nigel,

Yes I hope so....

At General preferences>render>
memory: Adaptive bucket size
Adaption threshold=0.375000
Memory limit buffer=28

At Render Settings
(auto Settings)
for the final Render, the slide is at "Final", some time with Smooth polgons on.

and it load with 6 runtime maps(can that be a problem?) never before had problems with loading runtime-maps.

and sinds a day or 2 it loads very long 3 to 4 mins....? never had that before....and I allways have 'good renders, with on problems....

I do this with a:
PC: mobiel AMD Athlon(tm) XP-M 2800+
Speed: 2.13 GHZ, 992MB
(not on line) can't do the up-dates...
so move the file with memory-stick...

help...!!