Forum: Vue

Subject: Can I do this in Vue?

synergy543 opened this issue on Apr 01, 2008 · 6 posts

synergy543 posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 4:57 PM

Can I do this in Vue?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/ttv/arts.jhtml?bcpid=1358314062&bclid=1363192294&bctid=1482436596

Seems like a good day to ask this question.

btw, is there a way to make a clickable link?

gillbrooks posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 5:31 PM

Attached Link: This is a clickable link

Yes, I saw that before EastEnders tonight....thought it was real for a nano second.

What bit do you want to do in Vue - make penguins fly??

Link - below the box where you type theres link name & url - just fill the boxes :)

Gill

synergy543 posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 7:08 PM

Just thought it was a fun April 1st video with nice iceberg shots!  Penguins would certainly be easier to composite from another 3d app.

And thanks for the tip on making a link. Unfortunately though, I can't edit my post anymore.

gillbrooks posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 7:35 PM

I liked the ice arches!.  Could maybe do those with a bit of boolean work.   There's a Poser penguin....mebby we could make him fly :-)

The link is in my first post anyway if anyone wants to go look

Gill

impish posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 2:06 PM

I liked it but it would have been better if they'd saved the massed animated penguine studio ident until April 2nd so we didn't know the BBC could do believable animated penguines...

While the penguine animation would need to be made outside Vue I think the landscape parts are quite achievable in Vue, in fact I think some of the shots could be more realistic if made with Vue :-)

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

synergy543 posted Thu, 03 April 2008 at 3:50 PM

Attached Link: Creating Flying Penguins

In case anyone's interested, above is a link on how the animation was created.