Forum: Bryce

Subject: OT: I wonder if I could teach this fellow to use Bryce....?

tom271 opened this issue on Apr 01, 2008 · 11 posts

tom271 posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 7:41 PM

www.viralvideochart.com/youtube/elephant_paints_self_portrait

Every day animals keep revealing, to us humans, their potentials for a soul.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pakled posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 8:36 PM

does better than I do, I can't do anything artistic with my nose...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

bobbystahr posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 11:04 PM

LOL...me neither...he even got the walking gait correct, and what a cool oriental style flower.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

sackrat posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 11:47 PM

Nah,........he would have to use a mouse and everyone knows elephants are afraid of mice ! Hee,....hee,....hee.  Aw c'mon,.......that was funny.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

dhama posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 2:14 AM

Not so surprising........ animals are getting their own back because so many humans act like animals.

@sackrat: :laugh:

pauljs75 posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 9:48 AM

I'm still a little sceptical. As much as I think it would be cool to have for real, I suspect some video work with Premiere or something. (It wouldn't be the first hoax like this on YouTube. Also comes pretty close to Apr.1 - just with enough lead time so people would pick it up.) I'd need some extra confirmation from a trustworthy source or being able to watch this performed live. I've seen something else where another elephant was provided with opportunity for painting, but it was nowhere as near as deliberate. (Unless you consider Jackson Pollock's kind of style to be deliberate.)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

tom271 posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 11:27 AM

Attached Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/5203120.stm

here is another article to look at about the elephant...  His paintings will be on display...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scanmead posted Wed, 02 April 2008 at 1:18 PM

Well... I've seen a lot of CG, some pretty incredible, but the video of the elephant painting isn't CG. One has to question whether or not the elephant knows what he's painting, or if he was just trained to copy movements. (If I could paint a flower that nice, I'd be happy.) And there is a long history of reports about elephants recognizing elephant bones for what they are, so who knows.

bikermouse posted Thu, 03 April 2008 at 12:40 AM

Next thing you know he'll be running for office !!! I only hope he's not a republican ! !

FranOnTheEdge posted Sat, 05 April 2008 at 7:11 PM

I'd vote for him.  That was just amazing.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

UVDan posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 9:10 PM Forum Moderator

Quote - Next thing you know he'll be running for office !!! I only hope he's not a republican ! !

I would be willing to bet that elephants are waaaay to smart to have to join a political party to tell them what they believe in.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!