Forum: Vue

Subject: Question Downloaded Files

dhanco opened this issue on Apr 04, 2008 · 12 posts

dhanco posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 2:51 PM

I saw the question under "Newbie Question" and my problem relates to that. I get the same error message on about 3 things I've purchased from C3D. A barn, the Queen Dovecoat and a Hay bale. I've put them in the correct directory i.e objects/architecture/purchased but still get the message that Vue can't read the file (or similar.)

I've looked for the Vue File Converter, but didn't see the file in the Program Files/e-on software directory and in the Documents folder. This is with Vue6 Esprit with the latest "final" update. I've not installed the "beta" one. I'm running Vista on this computer.

Any insight? Anyone? It's annoying as heck! :) TIA

Peggy_Walters posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 4:20 PM

I'd try and get the latest beta patch and make sure you have administrator rights set.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

bruno021 posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 4:24 PM

As Peggy said, you need to update Vue to the latest official built, at least, and I recommend the latest beta. You can get the update from the software update page at e-on's.

dhanco posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 4:28 PM

I do have the latest final update, but will install the latest beta. I do run as administrator as well. Just very puzzling why these three files won't load as others have loaded fine. Thanks for the help, tho.

Peggy_Walters posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 4:32 PM

Also try to download those items again and make sure you click the edit button and select the correct version if Vue. 

bruno021 posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 4:33 PM

Check your built version in Vue , under help, about Vue6..., and see what built number you have, then compare to what's available at e-on's. Sometimes, you think you have the latetst version, but you don't. Happened to me many times! That said, the Haye bale pack is not the most recent object from Corn, so the problem might be elsewhere...

dhanco posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 4:44 PM

The build is 291200 and checking for updates through Vue says no new updates, I have the latest. I have seen the beta one, but have not installed it.

I've downloaded that barn a couple of times with the same result, but will try them again. Thanks!

dhanco posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 5:50 PM

Downloaded the Queen Dovecoat again and had it automatically installed, still get the same message and it won't load. I'm using Esprit, could it have been created with Infinite and that is the problem? Frustrated and sooooooooo confused! Am I still making any sense? :)

Peggy_Walters posted Fri, 04 April 2008 at 6:02 PM

Best thing then is to send an e-mail to support@cornucopia3d.com.  They are great and will help you out.

wabe posted Sat, 05 April 2008 at 1:41 AM

Are you sure that you use the exact same login data for your account at Cornucopia3D as you used it to register your Esprit at e-on? To me this sound like a copy-protection issue. That the product you pruichased is not protected to your copy of Vue.

Just a thought.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

dhanco posted Sat, 05 April 2008 at 2:20 AM

Wabe ..
I think so, as I've purchased others from there that load fine.

dhanco posted Sat, 05 April 2008 at 2:53 PM

Problem Solved !! Yay !! I installed the latest beta update and the model is loading fine now. Thanks for all the help everyone.