Forum: Photography

Subject: What a shame!! Valerie deleted her gallery

vlaaitje opened this issue on Apr 07, 2008 · 15 posts

vlaaitje posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 3:11 AM

It was really a shock after I went to her homepage and I notice that Valerie-Ducom deleted her whole entire gallery.

But there is nothing left to visit her on a personal website.*
It was really a shock that such a great artist deleted her awesome work without a note.
I know I did in the past as well, and had my reasons for that.

She will be missed
I hope everything is okay with her, and  that she don't stop with photography

I think a lot members feel the same, she was a well deserved GOM
Valerie-Ducom - Forum Announcement

Valerie I wish you the best,

Ilona

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

alexsm posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 3:44 AM

This is sad news :(
I'm very like she's photographys.......

I can't understend, whay she (and not only she) people deleted the gallery?
If they whant to leave this place.... whay don't leave the work.... ?

Hope she will back to us..... :))

Gora posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 3:48 AM

I did the same thing a while back... but have started once again posting work here (albeit really slowly)... I too had my reasons... perhaps she has too... She was a fab tog, and a also hope she wont be giving up on her talent...

"If toast
always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what
happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"

Steven Wright

Fred255 posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 3:55 AM

Yes we did know about it the other week. Kort wrote to her asking why.  She just said she felt it was time to leave, she did not want a fuss made.

ecurb - The Devil

awjay posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 6:57 AM

i will miss her here as she has allways been a great encouragement to me .....

TomDart posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 7:12 AM

Valou has also encouraged me..when she commented you know it is sincere.  I love her work and wish her God speed in what her choices may be.

bobbystahr posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 8:42 AM

No fuss from me, just honest sentiment.....I as well will miss her posts of fine photographs and sincere comments...she is/was a rare one....may the wind always be at yer back Valou.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TwoPynts posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 12:44 PM

Yes, Valou had her reasons, none of our business. She is fine, just felt it was time to make a change and did not want to cause a stir (which I respect a lot) and wanted to go quietly.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Plagiat posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 7:48 AM

too bad, i really liked her work very much

bentchick posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 5:06 PM

I hate seeing these favorites of mine dropping out, but it is understandable. I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind too, but I have met so many wonderful friends here on RR, that I don't think I could ever leave  it "all" behind. I hope Valou does the same and drops by occasionally to say  "hi". She is a wonderful artist and photographer! I enjoyed her work very much and wish her all the best!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

babuci posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 5:14 PM

It is sad for sure, I liked Valou"s  photography. If we read between a line we can know why she left...I just say....not fair.

seeya  Tunde

rockstrider posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 9:04 AM

I think that it is very sad news that Val has left Renderosity, but for whatever reasons I'm sure that she knows what is best for her at this time, and I don't think that deleting her gallery will have been a decision she will have come to lighly. I can only hope that she will be back one day to re-start her gallery - I will miss her work very much.

PeeWee05 posted Sun, 13 April 2008 at 12:57 PM

I don't understand how or why people make a big deal out of others deleting their galleries. Yes it is sad but at the same time, they have their reasons but at the same time I feel they'll tell the people they want to or make a forum announcement if they want...

Just my personal opinion

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

Gog posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 5:37 AM

It seems a shame to me, that said I can understand why some galleries deleted, mjr was a fine example wher eI could one hundred percent understand his point when he left.

That said Valou is a lovely person and very talented so I wish her the best in which ever way she moves on.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

rainbows posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 11:25 AM

I am deeply shocked to find this link. I am so sorry Val deleted her beautiful gallery. She has always been an inspiration for me. I will miss Val and her work. I wish her all the very best for the future. Diane.