Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Victoria 4.1 4.2 ?

trades2cash opened this issue on Apr 10, 2008 · 12 posts

trades2cash posted Thu, 10 April 2008 at 3:42 PM

I am a little new at this and i was wanting to know what is the difference between the victoria 4.1 model and the victoria 4.2 model. Thanks.

geep posted Thu, 10 April 2008 at 9:33 PM

Um, .just guessing here but could it be .............. 0.1 ?
(sorry, couldn't resist) ... ;=]

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Synpainter posted Fri, 11 April 2008 at 6:22 AM

I would say 4.1 to 4.2 is a fix and mod update. She had some new morphs added and some geometry adjustments. The largest change is the way in which her morphs are loaded.

Essentially the same model with added features.

If you are concerned with clothing, anything from V4, 4.1, 4.2 should be fine.

:)

EnglishBob posted Fri, 11 April 2008 at 6:45 AM

Victoria 4.2 has most of her morphs in injectable form, whereas 4.1 had them included in the figure (so she was easier to use, but heavier on system resources). The additional morphs include one to make a passable male out of her. As Synpainter says, clothes and textures should work on either version. Some older V4.1 characters may not work since they don't inject the necessary morphs.

trades2cash posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 3:02 PM

Thanks a bunch for the info. Just what i was trying to figure out. Thanks again.

spyder97526 posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 1:57 PM

Quote - Victoria 4.2 has most of her morphs in injectable form, whereas 4.1 had them included in the figure (so she was easier to use, but heavier on system resources). The additional morphs include one to make a passable male out of her. As Synpainter says, clothes and textures should work on either version. Some older V4.1 characters may not work since they don't inject the necessary morphs.

So how do you inject them, and from where? I have her and cant find the place to get the INJ files for the entire body - or do you have to do each one separately?

Synpainter posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 2:08 PM

Here: Library/Pose/Daz Victoria 4/Morph Injections/ ...Inject your needs You'll also have a Morph++ folder if you purchased those too.

Synpainter posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 2:13 PM

Morphs++:

Synpainter posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 2:16 PM

Load V4.2 from the FIGURES Library, Make sure Vic/Body is selected, Switch to the POSE Library,
Find the Victoria Folder/ Click the INJ morphs that you need, Apply.

bigbearaaa posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 8:47 AM

In my case they're under Poser 7/Poses/DAZ Victoria 4/Morph injections.  should be simillar for other veersions of Poser since DAZ won't let V4 be installed into the Downloads directory.

Synpainter posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 9:07 AM

Quote - In my case they're under Poser 7/Poses/DAZ Victoria 4/Morph injections.  should be simillar for other veersions of Poser since DAZ won't let V4 be installed into the Downloads directory.

Basically the same...I think the inquiry was, what actually needed to be "injected" in order to morph Victoria 4.2 . 

bigbearaaa posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 11:12 AM

part of the question was from where. First off you need the V4.2 morphs ++ to get all of the goodies including some quick facial expressions.   The attached file will give you a good idea of what can be done with all of the morphs applied just for expression.  Believe it or not this is V4.2.