Forum: Blender

Subject: joining problem

trades2cash opened this issue on Apr 14, 2008 · 4 posts

trades2cash posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 9:46 AM

hello to all. I downloaded blender a few days ago and really like it. I have done some basic tutorials and learned alot. I am having one problem and havent found a tutorial yet that can help. The problem is i have three plane meshes that i am trying to join the ends together. How can i get these to line up exact. I use the different windows and try hard to besure that everything is perfect but it seems that i am always off just a little bit. Either not close enough or offset just a hair. Is there some way or some tool that can join things together excactly.  Thanks.

haloedrain posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 10:45 AM

If you hit the n key you'll get a little box that lets you move things numerically, which can help you line things up exactly.

You can also select one vertex, hit shift-s and either snap things to the grid or move the cursor to the selected vertex and then move the other vertex to the cursor.

You can also increase the range of the "remove doubles" command.  In the buttons panel with the edit buttons selected (F9), one of the button panes has "Mesh Tools," and there's a button for remove doubles.  If you raise the number in the limit field it will remove an extra vertex when two of them are further away.

trades2cash posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 1:50 PM

Thanks a bunch. I been trying to find out something for a day now. Thank you very much. 

haloedrain posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 2:42 PM

You're welcome :)