Forum: Vue

Subject: Graphics Cards and Vue 6

Paul Francis opened this issue on Apr 26, 2008 · 8 posts

Paul Francis posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 2:40 AM

Morning, all, looking for some advice.

Last year I built my own PC for the first time, and was seduced by a relatively expensive (£125) Sapphire ATI x1950 Pro Ultimate (phew!) with 256meg on board and a sexy Zalman silent copper cooler, all factory overclocked and delivered in a box I could garage my car in....all this to play a game, World in Conflict, which I got bored with within a week.

Enter Vue 6 Esprit a couple of months ago.....big, big, big compatibility issues with said graphics board.....so, one re-install of XP later, a cheap (£25) NVidia board, held my breath, re-installed Vue....it worked perfectly.

I just tried the Sapphire board again, the difference in the quality of my display is astounding, you can certainly see the extra £100 showing up. HOWEVER - ran Vue, it runs OK, but is jerky and slow when moving the camera, to the point of being unusable, so, back in with the cheap board, all is fine with Vue, but the overall display quality is making me sad.

Can anyone recommend a Vue 6-compatible, decent-quality board for the £60-£80 mark?

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"