Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Matposes

Anthony Appleyard opened this issue on Apr 26, 2008 · 14 posts

Anthony Appleyard posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 2:50 PM

Can Poser 6 or 7 make matposes?

Can they make poses with posing AND materials in the same psoe file?

markschum posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 3:08 PM

poser 7 can save a material collection (in the materials room and library. Its easy to convert that to a mat pose.

There is a poser python script to write mat poses
RuntimePythonposerScriptsMaterialModswritemats.py

I dont offhand see whay a mat pose and a positioning pose couldnt be combined but it would need to be done by editing the files.

pjz99 posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 3:15 PM

I've found you can bundle several things together in a pose file, but I think users are trained to expect them to be separate, so few people do it.

My Freebies

vincebagna posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 5:06 PM

They don't make MAT Poses, but you can easily make some.

Try this tutorial to turn material collections into MAT Poses:

How to make a MAT  Pose file for P6 and P7

My Store

infinity10 posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 12:46 AM

vincebagna - that is a a very useful link for me.  thanks

Eternal Hobbyist

vincebagna posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 2:05 AM

You're very welcome ^^

My Store

R_Hatch posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 3:11 AM

Please people, and this is from the person who invented MAT poses (me):

STOP making MAT poses when you have Poser 6 and 7, or at least include the original Material Collections in your products. Especially when you've already gone and made the hair into a figure.

That is all.

Anthony Appleyard posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 3:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/appleyard/3d/horseshoes_aa.zip

> Quote - I've found you can bundle several things together in a pose file, but I think users are trained to expect them to be separate, so few people do it.

One of my uploads is horseshoes for the Poser horse: it is 4 smart props in one Poser prop file.

Dajadues posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 6:53 AM

I've been trying to make my own MATS in P5.

What is the best way?

trades2cash posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 10:48 AM

I have been trying to make a mat pose for two days now and i still get nothing. I made a mesh in blender and imported it into poser as a wavefront object. I go into the material room and add my material and save it. I then copy that to my pose folder and rename the extension to a pz2 file and use my text editor as the above tutorial states. When i reload the prop and go to the mat pose in the pose folder, nothing happens when i apply the mat pose. I am new to this but i have read several tutorials on the subject. It seems so easy so i know i am doing something wrong, does anyone have any ideals. Thanks......

Anthony Appleyard posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 10:58 AM

When will Poser be directly able to:-

http://www.vincebagna.com/tutorials/matpose/matposeen.htm seems to be clear, if you know how to make a Poser 6/7 "material collection" file.

vincebagna posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 11:17 AM

trades2cash - Be aware you have to have a figure in your scene to be able to load a MAT Pose on a prop.

My Store

trades2cash posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 11:28 AM

Thanks vincebagna. It totally works now. I knew i was missing something so very simple. You made my day. Thanks again..

vincebagna posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 12:59 PM

You are very welcome :)

My Store