Forum: Community Center

Subject: Bad news

Faery_Light opened this issue on May 08, 2008 · 35 posts

Faery_Light posted Thu, 08 May 2008 at 11:29 PM

I wasn't going to post this tonight but I'm hurting and no sense putting it off. I lost my son suddenly early this morning so I won't be available here for a while. We had no insurance and I don't know how we're going to make arrangements but we have to. I wish it had been me.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

svdl posted Thu, 08 May 2008 at 11:45 PM

Oh no.
I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

bakapo posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 12:44 AM

oh, I'm so sorry!
hugs

thefixer posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 3:13 AM Online Now!

Gosh, so sorry for your loss Helen, you know where we are if you need anything!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

AnnieD posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 3:19 AM

So sorry..there is no greater loss.  :(

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

kayjay97 posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 5:05 AM

OMG, I am so very, very sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

JenX posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 6:28 AM

:(  I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :( 

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

MirageBay posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 8:08 AM

I'm so very sorry to this:(  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

dlk30341 posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 8:27 AM

My condolences to you & your family :(

3-DArena posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 9:16 AM

Oh, there really are no words for your pain, but know that many will be thinking of you and your family.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Indoda posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 10:17 AM

Condolences to you and your family

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

bonestructure posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 12:12 PM

Damn....

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

PilotHigh posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 1:20 PM

May God bless you and your family.

markschum posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 1:32 PM

My condolances on your loss.

Talk to your county welfare department about any assistance that may be available to you. You can then approach organizations like Lions club, Shriners, Masons for assistance . Your local church if you are a member .  Hospitals often have a social worker who should be aware of any sources of aid.

bobbystahr posted Fri, 09 May 2008 at 2:03 PM

There really are no words when a child predeceases a parent but please accecpt my prayers for strength a nd a degree of peace dealing with this tragedy.. ... 

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Faery_Light posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 7:41 AM

Just taking a few moments to say thank you all for your kind wirds, Give your children, grown or not, a big hug and tell them you love them, they may be gone without warning. I have to go get ready to make the final arrangements. My brother is helping with it all and putiing up a down payment. But now I have to raise the rest and God knkows how I'll do that. Right now I'm just trying to get through it and don't know if I can. I just want to go off and end all the pain.

scanmead posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 7:54 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, and all the pain you're going through. Just take it one thing at a time, and know there are people who need you and will be there for you.

AnnieD posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 3:36 PM

I lost a child to natural causes many years ago...it is a grief and pain that you don't forget but you learn to live with and it gets easier.  My sister lost a child to suicide and that leaves people with a different kind of pain and grief..

Ending your pain creates an enormous and different kind of pain for those you leave behind.  I will hold you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Faery_Light posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 3:51 PM

Yes, AnnieD, it would be too much on what's left of my family if I did something like that and I can't inflict that pain on them.

But  the hurt is so deep.
I don't know the full story of his death even though it happened here at home.
When my daughter found him, I went rushing to see if he needed help and I'll never erase that sight from my mind.
I only know that from what I saw, I can't believe it was suicide.

We won't get a ruling for at least three weeks.
Until then it is left hanging like a big ugly, black cloud.

Kendra posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 7:28 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this hon.  I'll be thinking about you.  If money is an issue, consider posting a link to a pay pal account.  I'm sure we could all help out a bit. 

...... Kendra

Faery_Light posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 8:20 PM

Kendra, thank you.
I do have a paypal account, it's sa-ha-ni@swbell.net

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kendra posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 11:49 AM

You're welcome hon.  It isn't much and I wish I could do more but hopefully it helps a bit. 

...... Kendra

StaceyG posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 12:36 PM

BluEcho,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I cannot imagine what you must be going through.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time.

Stacey

Jumpstartme2 posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 5:21 AM

So sorry to hear this :( I can't do much, but I'll help. Also, if you need a shoulder or ear, Im here for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

JLyons posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 11:23 AM

I am truly sorry for your loss and will keep you and your families in my prayers.

James

There Is No Exit From The Flame, You Are Simply Transformed Into The Language Of The Fire!

Faery_Light posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 8:53 PM

I want to thank each and every one of you for you kind words, thoughts or support in my time of need. My son was laid to rest this morning and there is a deep emptiness in my heart. My mother called the ME yesterday evening to ask if they had ruled on his death or closed the case. She was told it may be a few more weeks before a ruling is given and it is an ongoing investigation as a suspicious death. It may take three to four months longer for the case to be closed. I'll try to get back to things as soon as I settle down a bit more but right now I am still a mess.

LostinSpaceman posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 5:41 AM

I'm sorry for your loss Helen. My prayer's are with you!

KarenJ posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 6:50 AM

Helen, I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what you are going through. It is every parent's nightmare. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Faery_Light posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 11:02 PM

I want to thank everyone for your support, kinds words or for just being here for me through this difficult time. It's been a busy week and now my mother and I will be moving one week from tomorrow. We have found that we are under threats from the pimps of the hookers who feel they have a right to sit on our front steps to ply their trade. Because my son, my daughter and I would run them off or phone the police, they called in the pimps. This may have been the cause of my son's death as well but we have no concrete proof. Police just pat these gals on the butt, then drive around the corner to do business with them...sigh. Our next door neighbors will soon be moving too for the same reasons. Maybe in a new location we can begin to heal a little. So thank you all and as soon as the move is over I will be back on the boards and in the galleries.

Acadia posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 5:31 PM

Helen, I just saw this thread! I'm so sorry to hear about your son! :(

Words are so inadquate, but please know that I'm thinking of you and your mom.

I hope the move goes well. It sounds like a very dangerous place to live, so I hope you find safety and peace at your new home.

hugs

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ArtByMel posted Wed, 28 May 2008 at 6:54 AM

I just saw this post this morning. I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart truly goes out to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Mel

My store here at Renderosity.

Art By Mel

spirittina posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 7:24 AM

i am sorry for your loss

keep the faith and remember there are alot of people thinking of you

jocko500 posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 6:28 PM

so sorry to hear this. hope he did not die because of the pimps. but it best to move. i had a drug dealer in my face for calling the cops on him. He knew it was me for the cops told him.

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

Faery_Light posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 11:48 PM

Attached Link: Thank you image

Hi; I just wanted a way to show you all how much I appreciate your support during this bad time for me. So I've posted am image in the gallery dedicated to you all. Link to the image is above.

originalkitten posted Thu, 19 June 2008 at 4:07 AM

I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I could help you financially but I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Hope you get answers soon xox

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"