Forum: Blender

Subject: Bend with Radius?

trades2cash opened this issue on May 12, 2008 · 7 posts

trades2cash posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 4:37 PM

Hello to all. Just needed a little help with something. I have made a cylinder with a radius of .5 and a length of 12. and i have it capped. What i am trying to do is bend the ends at a 90 but with a radius. I am trying to make a handle. If anyone could help or point me in the direction of a tutorial it would greatly be appreciated..Thanks 

jestmart posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 9:36 PM

Use the Spin command.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Basic_Mesh_Tools

trades2cash posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 4:01 PM

Hey thanks for the info. I am going to go and read all about it. Looks very much like what i need. Thanks once again.

Reddog9 posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 6:54 PM

What about using paths with bevel objects..

Path Sample

After it's created, you can change the shape of the handle just by editing the path.

Reddog9
Tutorials, Samples and Models
www.blender3dclub.com

Reddog9 posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 7:09 PM

With spin...

Spinning
Select the vertexes you wish to spin,  place the 3D cursor at the desired center of the rotation, Under mesh tools, adjust the degrees of rotation and the number of steps.  Click the spin button and with the 'Question Mark' mouse cursor, click on your object.

The the vertexes will spin around the 3D Cursor - based on the current view.  If you change your view from front to side, it will rotate the vertexes in a different direction.

Reddog9
Tutorials, Samples and Models
www.blender3dclub.com

trades2cash posted Sun, 18 May 2008 at 3:16 AM

I just wanted to think everyone for their help and input. I am still kind of new to blender but the people on this forum have been a big help. Thanks again..

DoomsdayRenderer posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 8:37 AM

Lattice deform may be an option sometimes with bending, although I think already presented options may well be better suited here. Lattice deform seems to be very versatile with challenging hi-poly geometries.