Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Slightly OT ... an Illustrator/Wacom question

Gini opened this issue on May 13, 2008 · 4 posts

Gini posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 4:00 PM

I figure a few in here might use Illustrator as well as PShop, I use that and am now learning illustrator as well. 

Anyway I've run into a weird little thing with Illustrator and my Wacom tablet and mouse  and I'm hoping someone in here can tell me if they have this happen to them too.....

I'm doing a basic beginner lesson, trying out drawing shapes and  using fills/strokes on them.   
So I draw a shape, should be able to left click anywhere in the window to deselect it , choose a new colour and draw a new shape but on 2 similar set-ups ( a G4 and a G5 Mac/ both 10.4.11/CS2/ both Wacom Intuos 2 & Intuos 3 )  but using the Wacom mouse  (or pen)  I have to Command/Click for deselection to take place.
My on-line instructor says this might be a Wacom bug peculiar to Illustrator and I have no regular 2 button mouse to try out to see it it happens anyway.... so apparently I shouldn't have to add the Command key for deselection to work.

So if someone has a couple of spare moments , a Wacom mouse and Illustrator CS2 please could you possibly check this out for me :  to deselect a selected shape can you merely left click somewhere else in the window or do you also have to use Command/left click ?

A Wacom thing , a Mac thing or just me ?????

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python