Forum: Vue

Subject: Version opinions wanted

krickerd opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 · 9 posts

krickerd posted Tue, 03 June 2008 at 11:32 PM

I've never tried Vue but I'm thinking of purchasing Pro Studio.  I like creating landscape images but have always been limited using Bryce and even Carrara in making vast vegetation.  I like the ecosystems concept.  Also I need DECENT volume clouds that don't take weeks to render (Bryce).  I have a Phonom quad core processor and 4Gb RAM so I should have the horse power to do complex stills.  Carrara uses all 4 cores at 100% and renders pretty quickly.  Bryce... I've noticed only marginal improvement over my old Athlon 3000+  That's sad I know.  I think it's time to move forward with the technology already.

Specific interests concerning the differences between PS & Infinite:

1. What are the practical differences between Ecosystems 1 and 2?
  2. For any of you that have owned Pro Studio and upgraded to infinite, what did you feel was lacking in PS?
  3. Has the multi-pass rendering option been invaluable to anybody and why?  I tend to use mask render a lot in Bryce (great feature) especially when rendering figures and using SFX.
  4. I use Daz Studio - how well does Vue handle the imports?

In your opinion, since money IS an object, is getting the lesser package a good idea and possibly upgrading later?  This is a hobby at this point, though I'll likely be doing our album cover, etc.

Thanks for your input.
-Kurt