Forum: Photography

Subject: Artistic/Creative People See Life In A Different Way..true or not true?

TomDart opened this issue on Jun 13, 2008 · 18 posts

TomDart posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 9:48 PM

Why this philosophical thought?  I am working a photo project now having to do with birds of prey.  The woman who is my primary contact said tonight that she knows artistic and creative people are the ones who most often volunteer to help with the work at a center for these birds.

I know people who will see a bird, an object or  provoking image and the comment is quick, "a bird" perhaps, then they are on their way with no further interest.  The ones I know who respond this way  (certainly a generalization not extented to all) are not inclined either creatively or artistically.

I wonder if this creative drive leads us to more open eyes and thoughts or is perhaps a result of that.   I will see the same creature or object or even unpleasant but provoking thing and I want to see closer.  They do not care one way or the other.

Sure, this is TomDart rambling again but what are your thoughts on this subject?  I certainly cannot measure how much more I might appreciate a thing than may someone else and some would believe me nuts to give time to these things. I do believe, however, that such appreciation is linked to my creative drive in some unknown manner.

Thanks for any comment.       TomDart.