Sun, Oct 6, 6:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT: Dr Who

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 1:42 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 5:55 AM

WOW..!  Was that the best ever episode of Dr Who or what..?? Season Finale on BBC.

Who didn't shed a tear or three at the end..?

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 1:54 PM · edited Sat, 05 July 2008 at 1:55 PM

It was simply amazing, I have to agree!!
I'm not gonna admit to shedding a tear however, that would be going too far!!  It wouldn't fit with my Avatar!! 

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:11 PM

Omg I have just watched it..... it was absolutley amazing...and I cried like a baby  lol...  my mum phoned me just as Wilfred was saying goodbye to the doc and she said I cant watch it on my own...i cant stop crying! lmao

We have just been talking about it saying it was fantstic and should win an award. The humour was amazing.. The daleks spinning around and then Donna turnning them the other way....Captain Jack (drool) saying when he saw the 3 docs "I'm not saying what's going thru my mind right now" and Donna demanding hugs from C.Jack lmao (my mum said that's so me...dunno if that's a compliment or what lol)...

Oh it was fantastic. ........ what the hell am i gonna do now on a saturday night.. dr who should be compulsary saturday night viewing!

btw when they brought planet earth back with the tardis my 9 year old clapped and cheered and he is normally quite refined...

and when Mum (me) saw at the beginning DT was stil the doctor I cheered as well lmao

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:20 PM

dang...heaven knows when it will be seen this side of the pond...;) but then I haven't seen any TV since October...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:21 PM

LMAO.....this is on the dr who forum

The Doctor Who Forum is closed for a few minutes... due to the transmission of "Journey's End" things have gone haywire (with thousands of people attempting to reach the site all at once). While we will be back in a few minutes, we ask that if you are able, to please instead return later in the evening or tomorrow, especially non-UK readers, in order to return the Forum to some semblance of normalcy tonight. Thanks very much!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:32 PM · edited Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:33 PM

Next week for us here. I get US satalite programing so scifi was a twilight marathon for 4 july weekend. Next week.

Shame on you for not putting a warning on the thread title for those that have not seen it yet. LOL.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:38 PM

LOL! Would you have paid any attention to any warnings? I know I wouldn't have.

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:39 PM

I'm all giddy still after that lmao

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:40 PM

Quote - Shame on you for not putting a warning on the thread title for those that have not seen it yet. LOL.

Sowweee    :crying:

But... it will give you something to look forward too  🤤

I deliberately haven't given any spoilers cos I don't wanna spoil it for anybody. All I will say is... have a box of tissues at the ready...

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:41 PM

yup ziggie i agree..definitely tissues needed

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 2:42 PM

"LOL! Would you have paid any attention to any warnings? I know I wouldn't have."

Probably not. LOL.

nghayward ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 3:06 PM

Quote - WOW..!  Was that the best ever episode of Dr Who or what..?? Season Finale on BBC.

Who didn't shed a tear or three at the end..?

I managed not to cry, But my eyes got a bit moist 😉

They certainly went out on a high.  The best bit was when....

....No I don't want to spoil it.

Silke ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 3:33 PM

This one was ok, but I have to say, the one prior looked very cheap and tacky. :)
Saying that...

Now I won't. It'll spoil it lol.

Silke

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 3:54 PM

I thought Dr Who's were supose to be Tacky and Cheep.  Coming from someone that has watched Dr Who for more years than I want to admit. decades. LOL

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 4:07 PM

Captain Jack, slightly puffy and girlish looking all at the same time.

Likes the guys and the girls.

Why was everyone afraid of the Daleks?  Anyone can just push them around or drop something over their eye stalk.

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 4:08 PM

yeah the first one of the finale was tacky and cheap but it was still awesome....this one though blows ur mind away!

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 4:09 PM

Quote - Captain Jack, slightly puffy and girlish looking all at the same time.

Why was everyone afraid of the Daleks?  Anyone can just push them around or drop something over their eye stalk.

captain jack is just.... phew...gorgeous LOL

and everyones scared of the daleks cause they E X T E R M I N A T E lol

Silke ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 5:22 PM

Quote - Why was everyone afraid of the Daleks?  Anyone can just push them around or drop something over their eye stalk.

I'm tellin ya - a black binbag and it's all over for the Dalek!

Silke

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 5:25 PM

LMFAO

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 6:07 PM

MY VISION IS NOT IMPAIRED

EXTER-MIN-ATE!

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 6:39 PM

I still don't understand the "Captain Jack is Gorgeous" stuff.  I can understand why the ladies liked Tom Selleck, Sean Connery when he was younger, even someone like Brad Pitt, but Captain Jack of now isn't the good looking guy he was when he first appeared on Dr. Who.  He's gained a few pounds, and especially in the last episode sat in his bunker whining "we're doomed" because the Daleks, who have been defeated dozens of times sometimes just by pushing them around, were on the way.

You'd think after all those defeats the Daleks' reputation would be a little tarnished.

Maybe Captain Jack is attractive to women who like the touchy feely, metrosexual guys.

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 6:46 PM

51st century pheromones ;)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 7:24 PM

Quote - I still don't understand the "Captain Jack is Gorgeous" stuff.  I can understand why the ladies liked Tom Selleck, Sean Connery when he was younger, even someone like Brad Pitt, but Captain Jack of now isn't the good looking guy he was when he first appeared on Dr. Who.  He's gained a few pounds, and especially in the last episode sat in his bunker whining "we're doomed" because the Daleks, who have been defeated dozens of times sometimes just by pushing them around, were on the way.

You'd think after all those defeats the Daleks' reputation would be a little tarnished.

Maybe Captain Jack is attractive to women who like the touchy feely, metrosexual guys.

Well you do know marriage puts the pounds on ya and John Barrowman got married to his partner last year. He's still cute.

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 7:31 PM

Quote - Why was everyone afraid of the Daleks?  Anyone can just push them around or drop something over their eye stalk.

Yes.. the first few generations of Daleks were easily push aboutable. But its difficult to push something about that can float as with the later generations.

And I think the developement of the blue lensed eye stalks included x-ray and/or heat sensitive vision.

Also... the later generations were a whole lot harder (certainly to the touch) cos they were made of metal and real plastic as opposed to cardboard, egg boxes and sticky backed plastic.

Scarey? Of course they are! Ask anyone who was a kid when they first appeared and who used to run around wearing their duffle coats back to front with the hood up, one arm extended, bumping into things whilst growling (albeit muffled)... "EGGSTERMINATE..!!!

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 7:40 PM

Quote - Captain Jack, slightly puffy and girlish looking all at the same time.

Slightly puffy..? Most certainly  ... poofy! He likes girls..? I must have missed that episode.

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 7:46 PM

mtone ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 7:51 PM

In case you want to listen to Dr. Who fanworks (in audio format), you should visit my forum and check under the old radioplays section.

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 7:53 PM

*Quote from the above link: "He’ll have sex with anything with a zip cord"

*I would have thought it would be difficult to have sex with a parachute..!

I wonder if they meant to say... zip code.

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 8:02 PM

lmao ziggie.....i think he means a zip

slinger ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 8:55 PM

No tears, but a definite lump in the throat...and was that a new recruit to the Torchwood team we saw walking off with Jack and Martha ar the end?

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 11:10 PM

Quote - No tears, but a definite lump in the throat...and was that a new recruit to the Torchwood team we saw walking off with Jack and Martha ar the end?

LOL! Well I suppose that depends on just how much hugging Mickey can put up with! LOLZ!

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 11:11 PM

LMAO....I'll take Mickeys place :P

KyReb ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 12:08 AM

I loved it!

The DoctorDonna was fabulous!!!!

And the Doctor WHo Forum? Sheesh, Nutters over their talking about it was so bad they wanna quit being a Doctor Who fan!  

flibbits ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 1:38 AM

The last 15 minutes were hard to watch.  That much of melodramatic goodbyes is painful.  Donna's grandpa at the end made it bearable.

Introspective dribble as far as "Oh my goodness, look what you've done to the Daleks."  They're a race of evil mutants heck bent on destroying the whole universe, and the weenie Dr. Who writers have their characters gnashing their teeth over wiping out the Daleks to defend the universe.

Good grief.

ziggie ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 2:42 AM

Quote - No tears, but a definite lump in the throat...and was that a new recruit to the Torchwood team we saw walking off with Jack and Martha ar the end?

I am wondering who Dr Who's next partner will be.

At the end of the show it showed a couple of very short clips from the forthcoming 2008 Christmas show. One included a guy... can't remember his name. Whoever he is I hope its not him... cos I don't think he would be very good at it and female partners always seem bestest.

Unless... they can persuade K9 to come out of retirement again

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 6:18 AM

It was a typical Russell T Davies story - all flash, no real substance and a very contrived & convenient ending.

Thank god he's left the show.

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 6:28 AM

I thought the "No really, you can hug me." from Donna to Captain Jack was funny.

Silke

originalkitten ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 6:48 AM

Lol me too.. I liked it when earth was back where it belonged and donna forced jack to hug her

Nevare ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 8:59 AM

Or when Donna grabbed Sarah Jane from Jack and shoved her away - and the look on SJ's face!! Priceless!

originalkitten ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 9:02 AM

ROFLMAO yes.....  My mum said Donna reminded her of me :/ specially where captain jack is concerned... dunno if thats an insult or a compliment rofl

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 6:11 AM

Great inventive way to get round the regeneration but what a cop out at the end, typical of RusselTD to do that I suppose. The latest Whisper about the Christmas episode is that there'll be 2 different versions of the bad guys, the new incarnation & the ORIGINALS!!!

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 7:30 AM

Quote - It was a typical Russell T Davies story - all flash, no real substance and a very contrived & convenient ending.

Thank god he's left the show.

erm no.

he does not leave until 2010.

there's still the 4 specials next year under his control.

steerpike ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 8:45 AM

Quote - MY VISION IS NOT IMPAIRED

EXTER-MIN-ATE!

Or, on Saturday night;

EXTER-MIN-IEREN!

Those few seconds cracked me up.

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 2:37 PM

"I flew into the wild and fire..."

"I danced and died a thousand times..."

Rarely have I read such enthusiastic support for a character.  Already fans are begging for this individual to become a traveling companion!

(I'm purposely avoiding the name so as to avoid any spoilers, but those of you who have seen it should known of whom I'm writing.)

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

JHoagland ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 9:39 PM

At the risk of posting a spoiler, I didn't like the ending. It basically invalidated the entire season with Donna! "You know all those adventures you had? You know how you saved the universe? Sorry, no memory of that."

And did anyone really think the Doctor was going to regenerate? The character never regenerates in the next-to-last episode of the season: it's either in the last episode of a season (where we get a glimpse of the new Doctor) or at the very beginning of the first episode (where the previous Doctor, cough Colin Baker, doesn't have the decency to do a renegeration scene).
Though I did like the fact that all of the modern Doctor's companions were in these two episodes... even K-9 showed up!

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

ziggie ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 2:03 AM

If you noticed... a certain person... wore a certain piece of jewelery which was made very obvious at times... particularly in the end sequences where the light kept reflecting from it.

I have a sneaky feeling that... that certain person might be back at some time in the future/past with all his/her/it's faculties intact.

BrokenAngel9 ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 3:06 AM

sneaks in I had a few tears to hide....but I'm still not sure how to feel about that other Good Bye there...zips lips before posting a spoiler

ziggie ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 5:08 AM

Quote - ...but I'm still not sure how to feel about that other Good Bye there...zips lips before posting a spoiler

I wasn't worried by the goodbye with the person who sounds like a species of flora... that one got what it deserved.

The one that made me feel sad was the goodbye with the one that sounds (looks ?) like a Turkish sandwhich.

nyguy ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 7:17 AM

Would not be surprised to see either

Or

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

ziggie ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 7:33 AM

I vote for the fishie guy with the bong..!!         :thumbupboth:

originalkitten ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 7:45 AM

Did ya know DT is dating his "daughter" in RL?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.