Forum: Community Center

Subject: Mission Accomplished : Sundays Dog Transports.

Khai opened this issue on Jul 14, 2008 · 5 posts

Khai posted Mon, 14 July 2008 at 8:56 AM

don't know if anyone here knows what the Wifey and I do a lot of weekends... we help get homeless dogs to new foster homes and permament homes.

this weekend, we helped to move 3 dogs... (tho in any given weekend, the Rescue Groups are moving anywhere from 5 to 50 dogs)

Precious - a Yorkshire Terrier. She spent the last 11 years in a rabbit hutch being bred at a puppy mill. she was dumped at a kill shelter, (in Kentucky. we've been told it's basically pennyless and can't even afford a phone.)  because she was only producing 1 puppy per litter. She's now with one of the Rescue Groups (probably for the rest of her life... she won't be adopted) being cared for and given a life.

Zoey - a 4 month old Westy Terrier. Dumped at the same Kill Shelter as Precious because she Fits. The Shelter was unwilling/able to do the bloodwork to find out why she was fitting.. the Rescue that has taken her in has done the bloodwork and it's puppy epilepsy, easily controled with inexpensive meds... We expect her to Adopt out fast, cos she's a little darling :)

Wrigley - A Puggle Cross. Not sure where he's from.. very shy with Humans, great with Dogs. One of the best Fosters is working with him now to gain his confidence round us.. He'll adopt out in no time once he's ready.

and thats one weekend for me and the wifey... we just help get them to their new homes / fosters...

So if I'm short with anyone come Monday mornings, I hope you all understand why. There are times I really hate the ppl around me....

sighs and looks at the Dog Run Sheets for the coming weekend...