Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P6 splash screen weiredness.

YngPhoenix opened this issue on Jul 17, 2008 · 5 posts

YngPhoenix posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 5:28 PM

P6 has been acting really weired. When I first start P6 the splash screen turns white. The weiredest part is that it only does this the very first time and if I close P6 then reopen it the splash screen displays like it should. I've already checked my drivers for my GeForce FX 5200 graphics card and it is the latest one, have also rolled back one version and it still does the same thing.  Any other ideas as to what the problem might be? I'm considering if it could be a problem with the P6 ini file?

DarkEdge posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 5:49 PM

I had to reinstalled P6 a couple of times for simular weirdness...it's this part of the program we all know and love. 😉
I will say since turning x64 bit all 3d programs run a lot smoother.

Comitted to excellence through art.

Realmling posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 7:29 PM

Mine did this for a while before I got my new computer.....(and don't quote me on this cause my memory sucks)...a lot of my funky issues with things were openGL settings and my video card at the time. I had funky issues with Max at the time too with dialog boxes going wonkers and "vanishing" while trying to save, import, export...you name it.

Haven't had anything funky since switching to Vista-64...except having to revert back to DirectX 9 for Max for some odd reason cause 10 was giving me problems...and it's a 64 bit version of Max too. /shrug

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

ratscloset posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 7:58 PM

This is a Display issue and can be caused by something as simple as a Security Program Check for Authorization or moving the Mouse. Basically your system can not keep up with the display when you are starting Poser the first time.

ratscloset
aka John

YngPhoenix posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 11:12 PM

Thanks for the replies. I will probably try to do a reinstall(luckily most of my folders are in external runtimes) and see if that helps. It seems to be getting a little worse as the screen also goes white when opening pz3s. I also don't use the opengl setting for preview.