Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: "Frazetta" Art Contest - Frank Frazetta Jr. to judge!

srnichols opened this issue on Jul 22, 2008 · 1 posts

srnichols posted Tue, 22 July 2008 at 12:43 AM

I am doing a "Frazetta Art Style" contest in the DAZ forum starting Wednesday, July 23rd. The contest will run for 4 weeks.

Frank Frazetta Jr. has generously agreed to be the "Final Judge" in the contest and will pick the top 3 winners.

The idea of the contest is to capture your interpreation of the "Frazetta Syle" and create a digital  art piece to reflect that. Entries can be renders or digital paintings. You can us premade 3D products, your own or none.

This is an "Independent" contest;. This is not a DAZ contest.

DAZ is only providing prizes, promotion and the forum for me to hold the contest, I started the contest idea and myself and a friend contacted Mr. Frazetta personaly to be a judge.

So far, DAZ and at LEAST 25 3D artists at DAZ and Renderosity are donating prizes. Major prize packages (mostly in the form of the Artissts Renderosity/DAZ brokered products) will be awarded to the top three finishers. Smaller product prize packages will be awared to the other top 20 finishers (currently 1 or 2 free products). Prizes are still being donated so a complete list is not yet available.

The contest will be held in the DAZ Commons Forum, Full contest details will be available Wednesday evening when the contest starts. Please see the Frazetta stickied  thread in the DAZ Commons Forum for basic information and discussion about the contest.

Come by, enter and see if Frank Frazetta Jr. picks YOU as a top artist!

Cheers.
Steve Nichols
AKA BluesDragon