Forum: Vue

Subject: Migrating Vue to a new machine

lookoo opened this issue on Aug 05, 2008 ยท 5 posts

lookoo posted Tue, 05 August 2008 at 3:35 AM

Hi folks!

I really,really need some advice how best to migrate my existing Vue (and Poser) installations to a new 64 bit machine.

I have Poser 4 and 6 and Vue 6 infinite installed on my E partition on an IDE hard drive under XP 32 bit.

Now I have a brandnew machine with Windows Vista premium home edition running on a quadcore 64 bit system with 8Gig RAM and a fast graphics card.

All fine. But how best to migrate my ageold applications (Poser 6 still acessing a huge Poser 4 runtime) to the new system? I copied 79 Gigabite -my entire old E partition- to the exising D partition on the new 64 bit system.

Obviously my apps have some disorientation issues now.

Poser 6 runs faster but can't find squad. Even when I copied all Poser 4 textures into the Poser 6 runtime folder my saved figures didn't get all the conforming figures right,and even without their textures.

Loading saved poser files doesn't work at all.

Vue 6 infinite asks me for my serial which I had forgotten in the meantime. I have retrieved it from the e-on website now but I worry about nodelocked license issues. Loading saved vue files should be a problem too I reckon.

So what to do? Maybe delete the copied files, create an E-partition on the new system and then copy everything into that new partition?

What kind of experiences and suggestions do you have?

Thanks alot in advance!

Lookoo