Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Grouping Morph Dials

Silke opened this issue on Sep 23, 2008 · 14 posts

Silke posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 3:28 PM

Okay. I know there is a way to do this, but I've forgotten how -- and I can't find anything no matter how much I search.

What I want to do is this:
I want to be able to have a "Groups" MAT which I can inject after adding morph dials, and have things like Blink Left Blink Right in a group called "Eye Movement" (for instance), Teeth and Tongue in a Teeth & Tongue Group etc.

I know I can set this up -- but how do I make a Mat pose out of it? I can save the pose, but the groups disappear.

Tearing my hair out here, so any help will be much appreciated. :)

Silke

hborre posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 6:44 PM

It sounds like you want to create a morph target which will place a morphing dial in your properties list.  A MAT pose only textures your characters or outfits.  Now, I'm not quite sure if spawning a morph will do the same thing and some of the other members will have to answer that.  To create a morph target, make the changes to the body part(s) and the export as a wavefront OBJ.  Deselect the parts you do not to export, make sure to export as a morph target and save.  Restore your character, or generate a new character, select the body part, click load morph target in your properties and import your newly morphed OBJ.  A new dial is created.  Spin the dial to see the effects.  Just save you character in your library. 

Silke posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 6:57 PM

No. I don't want a morph target.

I want to split up the Morphs in the Parameter window.
Right now, everything is lumped into "Morphs" which means I end up with a long list.
I want to group those morphs, in the Parameter window.
Yes, I could save the character with all the groups set up, all the morphs injected and whatnot, but that means I have to load a huge file every time.
What I want to do is inject the morphs I want, then hit another MAT pose that sorts them into groups.
i.e. eye dial into an Eyes group, inside the morphs group in the Parameter window.

I know it can be done, I just can't seem to figure out how.
I also know I have to inject the morphs first, before I can apply any grouping to them.

This is for V3/M3, not V4.

Silke

hborre posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 7:22 PM

Actually AB-Grafix has a full body morph pack for V3 and SP3 which sorts the dials into a more logical arrangement than the current DAZ installs.  This is the link:
http://www.ab-grafix.de/

I have this set up for my V3 and it works very well.

raven posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 11:04 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=288865

Sounds like Dimension3D might have what you need on the second page of his freestuff.

Silke posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 12:09 PM

Interesting.
I still want to know how I can make one of those though, because I'm kinda specific in how I want to group stuff.

I might PM Dimension3D to ask how, since there doesn't seem to be any answer anywhere out there, at least not that I can find.

Silke

raven posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 1:07 PM

For people who want to create their own morph groups, click the triangle at the top right of the parameters dialog. Create the new group, and name it to what you want. You can then drag the morphs you want into the group.
I'm not sure how to make a pose out of it though. Have a look at the Dimension3D freebie, and see if you could modify it to your needs.

Silke posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 1:55 PM

Yeah, I know how to make a mat from the injects -- but it's not keeping the groups.
There has to be something I can do to keep them in a pose file, that's the thing.

It's driving me nuts lol.

I tried IPB, had it yonks ago and never used it) but it won't read PZ3's, only PZ2's. (Maybe I have an old version, I dunno, but when I redownloaded it I got the same thing.)
Nothing doing with that one so I yanked it off my system again.

Silke

nghayward posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 2:38 PM

I know what you want. I think I know what to do but I want to check something first

See ya later

nghayward posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 2:52 PM

I think it's something like this pose file

actor head
      {
 channels
  {
  groups
   {
   groupNode Transform
    {
    parmNode taper
    -----
    etc.
    -----
    parmNode xrot
    }
   groupNode GROUPNAME1
    {
    collapsed 1
    groupNode GROUPNAME2
     {
     collapsed 1
     parmNode MORPH1
     parmNode MORPH2
     }
    groupNode GROUPNAME3
     {
     collapsed 1
     parmNode MORPH3
     parmNode MORPH4

}

}
   }
  }
 }

If you save a figure with the required morph groups as a cr2 you should be able to edit out the other "stuff" and leave the group info as you will find it already included for you neatly arranged

nghayward posted Thu, 25 September 2008 at 3:42 PM

Here's an example I've just created to group the body morphs for Victoria 2. I didn't bother with other morphs in the figure but I think it will give you the idea of the layout.

hborre posted Fri, 26 September 2008 at 9:03 AM

@ nghayward** ** - did you intend to attach a zip or text?

manoloz posted Fri, 26 September 2008 at 9:30 AM

I think he attached a zip, but with a txt ending, so the forum would accept the attachment. So you probably have to clear the txt extension after downloading.
BTW, don't forget the Secrets of Poser5 figure creation, by B.L. Render. Definitely the Poser bible.
Or you can make dial groups in Easy Pose Underground also.

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

nghayward posted Fri, 26 September 2008 at 10:05 AM

Quote - @ nghayward** ** - did you intend to attach a zip or text?

Sorry, as Manoloz said A zip with a txt extension. I didn't realise the forum didn't allow zp files until I tried to post. I had guessed a pz2 file would be rejected as well so quickly added the txt extension while I could still edit the post.   

Sorry if I caused more confusion, next time I'll just add txt to the unzipped pz2.