Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: fitting clothes to figures

bigdave1960 opened this issue on Oct 03, 2008 · 5 posts

bigdave1960 posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 3:18 PM

can any one tell me how to make clothes fit correctly in PP for some using the conform to command is ok  for others this still leaves bits poking through .i have also had a problem when changing the pose and clothing that fit right now has bits of the model poking through.in particular a model standing with a skirt was fine when a leg was move forward  it woul stick through the cloth! how do i put that right? i would be most grate full for any help

hborre posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 3:35 PM Online Now!

Some conforming skirts have pull handles to help fit the model.  Also check the parameter dials for morph capabilities; this can closely match the pose of the model.  Poke throughs are very difficult to correct, sometimes scaling the outfit/model may give you the desired look or making body parts invisible under the outfit will give good results also.  Most of the time, outfits designed for a particular character will fit without problems and even morphing settings in both model and outfit usually fall into place.  The real problem occurs when there is specialized morphs that the clothing can't handle.  Magnets are a wonderful way to correct those problems.

bigdave1960 posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 3:53 PM

thats been quite helpfull i have indeed got one dress that does have a lot of dials available that i have just tried and have got a good fit .I guess some just have more options than others.could you tell me how to make body pars under the clothes in visible  and  how to use magnets to adjust clothing.I ve bought  abook to help but it dosnt really seem to address the problems ive had mostly things ive figured out

hborre posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 7:02 PM Online Now!

Dr. Geep has an excellent tutorial here in Rendo explaining the theory and use of magnets with models and outfits. 

There are two ways to make body parts or prop/outfit parts invisible.  Go to Window on the taskbar and scroll down the menu to Hierarchy Editor.  That will open the Hierarchy window and you will see the hierarchy chain of props and characters listed.  By each part, there is an eye icon which indicates that each part is visible, can be seen in your scene.  Click on the eye icon to render that part invisible.

The other way, go to Object and on the menu click Properties.  The window will open.  Make sure you have your model and body part selected in the Preview window.  Under the Properties tab you will see several labels and tick boxes.  Uncheck Visible, Visible in Raytracing and Casts shadows.  And that's it.  Your body part is completely invisible and will not add any additional time to your render process.

bigdave1960 posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 1:17 PM

thanks i will take a look at that again you have been most helpfull