Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help! No default figure loaded in document window of new Poser 4 install !

ebrochure opened this issue on Oct 17, 2008 · 19 posts

ebrochure posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 12:53 PM

Desperate for suggestions --

Just installed a new serial ATA (unpartitioned) 750GB drive with Windows XP home Service pack 2 (3GB Ram) and installed Poser 4 and Poser 4.03 memory updater

Everything loaded fine but the default figure in the document window. There is no default figure and when i try to load a prop or another figure it cannot be seen. When i mouseover the document window i can see the faint outlines for the different body parts.

Also, after installing Poser and memory updater, the start menu program list showed an empty Metacreations folder (it is not empty) and a Curious Labs folder with the Poser 4 install in it. However, there is no Curious Labs folder on the hard drive.

I installed Poser Pro pack. Same problem. Rebooted. Uninstalled and reinstalled Poser.

Then i reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows thinking some of the graphics drivers i had also installed might be the problem. no default figure and i still can't load anything into the window.

I had never had a problem installing Poser 4 on any XP machine. I even loaded it on a Vista machine with no problems.

one other thing. I did install Windows on the new hard drive (same machine) using the Reinstallation Windows XP CD that came with my Dell PC that i purchased in 2003. The Windows loaded fine but i was wondering if the Reinstallation CD might be different than a standard Windows CD and if it is, wouldn't it tell me it couldn't load Windows?

Would Poser 4 have a problem on such a large unpartitioned drive? I don't see why it would care as long as the drive is big enough.

I am totally out of ideas so i turn to the Renderosity community. All suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.

ebrochure