Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Michael 4 is HERE!!

Daventaki opened this issue on Oct 20, 2008 · 130 posts

Daventaki posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 7:30 PM

Available for Platinum Club members today and will be available for everyone tomorrow!!

kalon posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 7:49 PM

Downloading as I type :thumbupboth:

kalonart.com

dlfurman posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 9:00 PM

As I posted there, waiting for the body/catsuit and the expansion pack from that,

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

MyCat posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 9:22 PM

One of the files is titled "Michael 4 Genitalia Power Loader (DAZ Studio Only)", I'm almost afraid to install it :scared:

pakled posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 9:42 PM

hmm...sounds like something that would be on 'that other place that sounds a lot like this one..;)'

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

pjz99 posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 9:51 PM

Bleh I see the high armpit cut is even worse on M4 than it is on V4 :/  Why didn't they do a better job with the rig, they've only had the mesh and rig for TWO YEARS now?  What have they been doing with it all this time?

My Freebies

Diogenes posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 10:50 PM

Well, can't complain about the price :) Wow got quite a package for 20.00. I kinda like his mesh, its sortof pretty.  As for his rig, ya I expected that, I'm already cutting him up to fit my rig to him, I'll have him bending over backwards and kissing his own bu** by tomorrow. :) I'm happy to finally see him.

Cheers.

gotta go play.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

TheOwl posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 11:13 PM

Quote - One of the files is titled "Michael 4 Genitalia Power Loader (DAZ Studio Only)", I'm almost afraid to install it :scared:

LOL!  Didn't know M4 has power down there. Can I get one myself? LOL!!! XD

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

Diogenes posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 11:48 PM

How in the hell do you get rid of these stupid breifs?

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:45 AM

Something about 'on your knees' and 'working it'? ;)

I downloaded the M4 base but still debating the Pro bundle (a bit costly even on sale - considering the V4 pro bundle and the A4 pro bundle and so forth).

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Winterclaw posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:47 AM

Quote - pjz99

What have they been doing with it all this time?

Making the elite morphs and Aiko.

Anyways, I'm not impressed from the previews so I think I'll be sticking to V4 for the meantime. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

pjz99 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:56 AM

The Elite Morphs is just three FBMs, can't have taken that much time to do; and A4 again is really a pretty small number of morphs.  Maybe a couple of months' work if they really took their time - no comment about quality because I don't own either one.  In fact I can't see why it took two years to get A4 and the Elite morphs out!

I will say though that the default M4 proportions are a lot more realistic than V4's:

Isn't it funny to look at those pics and see normal legs? 

My Freebies

Diogenes posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 1:11 AM

Quote - Something about 'on your knees' and 'working it'? ;)

I downloaded the M4 base but still debating the Pro bundle (a bit costly even on sale - considering the V4 pro bundle and the A4 pro bundle and so forth).

That might work!

Winterclaw posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 1:45 AM

Quote - The Elite Morphs is just three FBMs, can't have taken that much time to do; and A4 again is really a pretty small number of morphs.  Maybe a couple of months' work if they really took their time

Exactly.

I didn't get the elite morphs, haven't been using Aiko 4 all that much yet.  Aiko 4 is okay, but I think I prefer that style to be more cartoony looking in general.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Daidalos posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:04 AM

Ok the hype and hoopla and waiting are all over. M4 is finally here, and the base is FREE for me as a PC member.

I was happy as a fish in water.

Then I downloaded and tried to install M4.

I am not amused, nor impressed. Aside from the issues mentioned above with the armpit thing. (For the life of me I don't know why they won't/can't fix that) And what the heck is up with his hands? They're huge! They look like they belong on the freak to me.

Installing this figure was about as easy as building a car from the ground up. For me. So beware if you're using an older version of poser, this figure is not friendly. LOL

But, once I got the figure installed, and loaded finally. What really about set me off, was that I then found that none of the inlcuded textures will load on the figure, had to apply them all manually. No materials either.  And the nice vein displacement I saw in the promos, nonexistant.

At this point given the way the PC has been "treated" this anniversary, and all the hype and hoopla over M4 all I can seriously say at this point is "Whatever.................:roll:

I'd have been better off if I'd have spent the money I've spent on M4 this month,  buying the stuff I've my eye on, from the store here.

Regards,

Not impressed.

Edit: This is simply my own opinion.

"The Blood is the life!"

Diogenes posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:17 AM

Hey! I just noticed they used the same setup for the foreskin as I did in Brad. Pretty cool huh? :) I'm almost done rerigging him with a phantom rigg. I like the mesh it's pretty smooth. Wish I could get rid of those damn shorts though. Same with V4.  :)

cheers.

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:22 AM

You need the hi-res mats to get rid of them.  As in life, you have to pay to remove the shorts even virtually. ;P

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Diogenes posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:16 AM

Quote - You need the hi-res mats to get rid of them.  As in life, you have to pay to remove the shorts even virtually. ;P

Money, money, money! they're always wanting money. Looks like he's spendy too! :)

Well gonna have finish this rigg tomorrow, I'm gonna be dead for work in the morn. M4 done kept me up half the night.  :)

Later,

Mike.

lonar posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:57 AM

Quote - > Quote - You need the hi-res mats to get rid of them.  As in life, you have to pay to remove the shorts even virtually. ;P

Money, money, money! they're always wanting money. Looks like he's spendy too! :)

Well gonna have finish this rigg tomorrow, I'm gonna be dead for work in the morn. M4 done kept me up half the night.  :)

Later,

Mike.

You only need the standard res mats to get rid of the shorts not the hi-res. If you get the standard res the natural will get rid of the shorts.

Marque posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:41 AM

Anyone tried the UTC to get M3 skins to work yet?

Nevare posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:45 AM

Have a look in the DAZ MilMan texture folder - I've just got the free version, but I've still got a full body texture without briefs. But it needs to be applied manually, I think.

CauriBlackthorne posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:45 AM

I wrote a tutorial on how to use your V4 morphs and maps on M4. Download it [ here](http://slochez.deviantart.com/art/How-to-use-your-V4-morphs-and-101347708). Hope it helps.

Darboshanski posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 9:14 AM

Quote - > Quote - One of the files is titled "Michael 4 Genitalia Power Loader (DAZ Studio Only)", I'm almost afraid to install it :scared:

LOL!  Didn't know M4 has power down there. Can I get one myself? LOL!!! XD

Whoa you didn't know that men think with their power loader before all else??? hehehehehe

My Facebook Page

swordman10 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 9:56 AM

**kuroyume0161,

How nicely does this figure play with interposer pro and importing into Cinema.  I have heard that there are new ERC controls that make this figure not fully compatible with Carrara, which I currently use.

But I was wondering if Daz has done anything with it that causes compatability problems with your excellent software.

The reason I ask is that I am going to jump ship from Carrara to cinema, and as I am a heavy content user, for my sins, I would like to know of any issues.

Cheers.

NM.**

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 10:52 AM

click for full resolution

M4 is powerful.

I am well known to be one of the foremost hyper crybabies about the underarm cut and bizarre arms/shoulders/elbows of these PoserDazDom figures, and while my hyper-critical eye can still see an unnaturallity there, things indeed are vastly improved. Vastly.

Second, the morph++ set is a echo of V4s, and I am a fan. You can dial in character beautifully.

I have a short animation rendering now and will post as soon as cooked.

While the hi-res maps and the 3rd party skins shipped with the ProBundle are "okay", the winner is the Daz hi-res M4-02 texture. Magnificent. Promo link:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/new-michael-4/michael-4-textures?item=7986&cat=847&_m=d

The M4 base is free, and the pro bundle, including this "02" texture map, is $45 if a PC member.

PoserPro
3-light setup
raytrace soft shadows
AO engaged in nodes
min shade rate .021
pixel sample 18
face/character from morphs++

::::: Opera :::::

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 11:04 AM

click for full

This one is more of a "guy" chacter/pose/render.

:: og ::

milanautica posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 11:58 AM

v4 meets m4 ;)
click to see all the details!
m4's textures are really great o

light is from valerie, bagginsbill's vss shader, maya elite texture and the glorious hair...

Marque posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:20 PM

Where do I get the vss shader?
Thanks

aeilkema posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 12:58 PM

Hurray... now Barbie finally has a Ken to play with. While everyone cries out for realistic figures, DAZ keeps on releasing barbie dolls. Glad I'm not a PC member and another reason to NOT stop by DAZ for at least another 6 months.

Since the release of V4 I've saved so much money and that will continue for a long time....... Bought Vue, Poser Pro, Comic Life, now what should I buy next?

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 1:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - You need the hi-res mats to get rid of them.  As in life, you have to pay to remove the shorts even virtually. ;P

Later,

Mike.

You only need the standard res mats to get rid of the shorts not the hi-res. If you get the standard res the natural will get rid of the shorts.

A cheap date, huh? Men, typical. ;P

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:16 PM

"......Ken......."

As i showed in my two renders, you can have the cute Ken the "guy." You can also have whatever level of world-weariness, warrior damage and aged faces you want.

I don't see the problem.

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 2:33 PM

Is the 'aged face' 'Uncle Albert'?

Unfortunately, I cannot afford to splurge here.  M4 Base plus Complete on credit-card.  That's it for me. :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 3:11 PM

Quote - Is the 'aged face' 'Uncle Albert'?

Unfortunately, I cannot afford to splurge here.  M4 Base plus Complete on credit-card.  That's it for me. :)

if addressed to me....no, although that Uncle Albert looks cool. The render of the aged face I did (he's not THAT much older!) was shaped from the Morphs++ with a skin that comes with the pro package, "HiRes-02". That skin pack is available separately.
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/new-michael-4/michael-4-textures?item=7986&cat=847&_m=d

::::: Opera :::::

Latexluv posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 3:23 PM

I bought the pro bundle last night. No troubles on download. I downloaded some of the mac files also because I'm considering a mac as my next laptop. I go to have a wisdom tooth extracted in just a couple of hours (Whoopie, what fun???? Can you smell the sarcasm on my breath?) so I haven't installed him yet and don't know if I'm going to feel up to installing and tinkering with him today. I wish that the M4 plugin to Texture Converter had been ready because I would have purchased that as well at the same time. I've had loads of fun converting V3 textures to use on V4.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

lkendall posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 3:38 PM

10/21/04

Latexluv:

There is already an M4 module for Texture Converter 2. I haven't tried yet, but it will probalby convert V4male textures (and maybe Vit4) to M4. There are a boat-load of decent M3 and D3 textures to try as well.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

gagnonrich posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 3:40 PM

Quote - Glad I'm not a PC member and another reason to NOT stop by DAZ for at least another 6 months.

There are some posters whose participation here is so repetitive that it doesn't require looking at their avatar to figure out who they are. Any time there's a DAZ post, one can always count on a negative visit.

M4 is free. I don't know when I'll get around to buying other stuff for the character (outside of PC items), but there will certainly be a pile of freebies soon for the figure.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 3:42 PM

I'm going to get TC2 (the coupons are in my account) and try out MaskEdits 12 V4 skins on M4.

Latexluv posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 3:53 PM

lkendall, do you have the link to that plugin? I swear I looked and couldn't find one available yet. I'll check out the link to it sometime this afternoon after the extraction. Thanks so much for telling me about this!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:11 PM

ANIMATION

http://jrdonohue.com/m4-02.mov
best to right click and download
2.3 MB Your player must read H.264

Did this gesture clip to see his arm/underarm cut in motion.
Please do not judge as finished animation (no blinks, no stops, etc)

This is a great rig.

JoePublic posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:16 PM

"This is a great rig."

No, it isn't.

lkendall posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:34 PM

10/21/08

Latexluv:

I hope I don't get in trouble for these links, just trying to be helpful. If the links are dead, I went to DAZ and searched on TC2:
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/search/searchsub/?_m=d&sstring=tc2

TC2 M3/D3 module:
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/tc2-michael-3?item=7819&_m=d

TC2 M4 module:
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/tc2-michael-4?item=7816&_m=d

TC2 V4/A4 module:
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/tc2-v4-a4?item=7809&_m=d

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Khai posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:34 PM

PATSY: It's only a model.
ARTHUR: Shhh!

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:36 PM

Ok Joe.

We know your pitch. To avoid head butt, I offer this addendum to my post. This is what I meant:

This is a great rig. It is great for what I do, for what I need and for the great price. I am spectaularly and greatly happy. I've geen waiting for this a great long time. I am grateful it has arrived. I plan to do great things with it and see no barrier. Great!

DISCLAIMER:
just because M4 is great in operaguy's world does not mean it will be great in your world view. all world views vary. they are the construct of the thinker. your mileage may vary, as you may be driving on a different road than operaguy. operaguy's valuations are not to be taken as UNIVERSAL TRUTH but instead are only valid for his constructed world view which is no better than anyone elses. do not be encouraged by his claims, nor discouraged as they are meaningless to anyone but him.

Great! glad I got that off my chest.

[edited to fix a typo and add two more 'greats.']

Diogenes posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 4:50 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - You need the hi-res mats to get rid of them.  As in life, you have to pay to remove the shorts even virtually. ;P

Later,

Mike.

A cheap date, huh? Men, typical. ;P

Ya and a wham bam thank you sir too, but at least I'm back for more.   

Only half a day at work today, oh boy I can play with M4 some more!

I have to agree with opera guy.  I also am very critical, in fact I was so dosapointed with the past models I built my own.  I have to say I am super pleased with M4. (that really surprised me too)
I was all ready to be let down and disastisfied, but Daz has made some excellent improvements.  I would have wished for more edge looping in the mesh for better morphs, but at the same time this mesh is so smooth and silky, I like. The underarm crease is still there in extreme bends but is vastly improved.  And The basketball buns are nearly gone. The overall proportions for the model are sweet, very nicely done, and definitely male. I am just plain pleased, all models have problems but this one less than most. I was also tickled to see they used the same setup for the foreskin in M4 as I used in Brad, makes me feel like I'm not a total crackpot, someone else thinks like me It's a much better more realistic setup for the gens than M3. Who is their modeler? Name's Farr isn't it? Well thank you Mr. Farr, this is a model I can see myself using.

cheers,

Mike.

kobaltkween posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:15 PM

Quote - "......Ken......."

As i showed in my two renders, you can have the cute Ken the "guy." You can also have whatever level of world-weariness, warrior damage and aged faces you want.

I don't see the problem.

wow. really?  the morph you posted (and all others i've seen) looks very toony, imho, with lines much more unrealistically regular than version 3, though less so than his female equivalent.  there's absolutely terrible texture stretching underneath the eyes and on the nose.  since that's not a very wild morph, it doesn't say good things about the mapping. 

he looks better than some, but so far, to my eyes, not better than i've seen people do with David or Apollo.  and only a little less soft and regular than Apollo. i definitely not blown away.  and that high armpit cut makes me wonder why i'd bother.  the main body postwork i have to do on David is his shoulders.  M4's still need about as much work. 

JoePublic posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:17 PM

phantom, are you fishing for compliments ?

COME ONE, your rig is vastly superior to anything else out there !

So M4s shoulders are better than M3's ?
Woo---Hoo ! Isn't that GREAT !?

Takes me about an hour to make M3's shoulders look VASTLY better than M4's and that includes morph duplicating and ERC-rigging.

Leg front bend is OK, but leg side bend is horrible.
Proportions are soso (What's up with the Gorilla arms?), but definition is very weak.
He looks very puffy, just like Apollo.
And if you crank up the emacicated and skinny morphs, his joints get REALLY bad.

The face is as bad as V4Male.
Very "Apollo-ish" soft.
Just dieal the jaw down and the nose smaller and he looks like friggin' V4 !

Sorry, I prefer the manly-male (M2) or gaunt (M3) look.

M2 was standalone male-only, and M3 was derived from the UNIMESH, but M4 looks like a reworked V4 male.

But anyway, it's the weak definition and the bad rig that make him a nonstarter for me.

I mean, if I have to rework the joints anyway to get them to an acceptable level, where's the point in using a new figure ?

Diogenes posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:30 PM

Well, I haven't tried any morphs yet. But still, I just like him. 

pjz99 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:47 PM

Quote - "This is a great rig."

No, it isn't.

I have to agree, based on the shoulders it's a disappointingly average rig.  That armpit cut is something they've had a long time to look into and find ways to do a better job than they have.  I expected the mesh to be the same but the shoulders are a serious let-down.  I don't see why it took them this long to do this small an amount of work.

My Freebies

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:49 PM

this is so great. so many different world views. they are so beautiful in themselves. each soul creates his reality as it goes along. the key to eternal peace is knowing how right and beautiful and great that world view is for the soul that created it, and the pure detachment flowing from the Truth that each worldview has no bearing on the next. So peaceful to know it is unnecessary and inappropriate to need to be right.

pjz99 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:52 PM

Is a "Dev CR2" included in any version?  I don't see it:
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/new-michael-4/michael-4-pro?item=7880&cat=847&_m=d

rummage, rummage
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=96995

Yeah it looks like not, but at least DavidGB picked up the ball and ran with it.  Why did DAZ miss that obvious requirement?

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 5:57 PM

Quote - I'm going to get TC2 (the coupons are in my account) and try out MaskEdits 12 V4 skins on M4.

By the way you may want to make sure you actually need a texture converter to transfer V4 textures; I am fairly certain the UVmap is exactly the same.  The main application would be transferring M3/D3/H3 textures.

My Freebies

JoePublic posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:11 PM

"...V4 textures; I am fairly certain the UVmap is exactly the same."

Unfortunately it isn't. The mesh is the same, but the mapping is quite different.

I just created myself an 17K LOD version of M4 by transferring the M4 bodyshape as a morph over from V4.

And I had to convert the M4 texture to V4 to fit the (V4 mapped) new LOD mesh.

BTW, there is NO M4toM3 hybrid figure included.

Also UTC-2 can't convert D3 or M3's genital textures over to M4.

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:13 PM

no. already tried. v4 maps don't work without manipulation on m4

however, in addition to all the V4 maps I have, I indeed do want V3 and M3 maps which I bought long ago before I stopped using him. Hence the TC2 thing for several reasons.

I'm sure the LOD version of M4 will be forthcoming eventually, too.

pjz99 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:16 PM

Well that's a surprise ... I guess I'll see what's different soon enough but I wonder why they did a different UVmap?  Not that the V4 UVmap was easy to work with, but is the M4 map any better?

My Freebies

Nevare posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:18 PM

The UV map for M4 is different from V4, but you can easily use UV Mapper to remap M4 to take V4's textures. I used this tutorial (beware! PDF file!) someone posted on the DAZ forums. Great fun rendering him with the V4Male textures.

pjz99 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:22 PM

Eh, I guess I can spring for the morphs package and the collection of three textures by Sarsa (a much better deal than the single DAZ tex and very likely Sarsa's are better anyway).

My Freebies

Latexluv posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:40 PM

lkendall, thanks for those links! I got the plugins and just downloaded them. Thanks again!

Weapons of choice:

bagginsbill posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 6:53 PM

Attached Link: http://poserbagginsbill.googlepages.com/vsshomepage

> Quote - Where do I get the vss shader? > Thanks

Here.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

JOELGLAINE posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:04 PM

M4 doesn't have Hand-Grasp dial,Finger-Spread, or any Thumb-Grasp dials.

Heck! Most free figures have that much! I am very disappointed in such a shoddy loss of product quality! Project Human are free and have that much.

I'm beginning to think after all the hype and hooplah, that DAZ might be a group of slackers. Especially when there are so many talented riggers like Phantom3d,Patorak, and Teyon around here!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

pjz99 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:12 PM

> Quote - M4 doesn't have Hand-Grasp dial,Finger-Spread, or any Thumb-Grasp dials.

They are in there, if you load the Morphs++. Once again they dumped all the loader poses into a single un-sorted directory, very lame!

The shoulder bend is not that bad actually, I'm guessing some people that did the promo pics do not bring the collars down when they pose.  This is quite decent.  They added a TricepsRelax morph, which is a nice change (probably would use that on V4 actually, if it looks okay).  Good luck getting a proper neck on him when he's bulked up like this though, going to need custom morphs for that because morphs++ doesn't do it - this is at the dial's minimum value, or maximum thickness.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:13 PM

Hand dials...

My Freebies

Diogenes posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - M4 doesn't have Hand-Grasp dial,Finger-Spread, or any Thumb-Grasp dials.

They are in there, if you load the Morphs++. Once again they dumped all the loader poses into a single un-sorted directory, very lame!

The shoulder bend is not that bad actually, I'm guessing some people that did the promo pics do not bring the collars down when they pose.  This is quite decent.  They added a TricepsRelax morph, which is a nice change (probably would use that on V4 actually, if it looks okay).  Good luck getting a proper neck on him when he's bulked up like this though, going to need custom morphs for that because morphs++ doesn't do it - this is at the dial's minimum value, or maximum thickness.

I was thinking of that too. cause as long as you use the collar they are pretty decent.  Wonder why the promo pics are so bad? Someone really needs to redo them, if I was just buying from the promo's I never would have considered paying for the model.

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:31 PM

Quote - **kuroyume0161,

How nicely does this figure play with interposer pro and importing into Cinema.  I have heard that there are new ERC controls that make this figure not fully compatible with Carrara, which I currently use.

But I was wondering if Daz has done anything with it that causes compatability problems with your excellent software.

The reason I ask is that I am going to jump ship from Carrara to cinema, and as I am a heavy content user, for my sins, I would like to know of any issues.

Cheers.

NM.**

NM,

Works great.  Just playing around with M4's balls. ;P  Actually, I had a weird issue with the testicles bodypart when conforming the genitalia but it seems to have disappeared after going to the genitalia's Figure tag and then conforming to M4.

Remember that magnets are not yet supported so V4/A4/M4 magnet 'morphs' won't work at this time.  Besides that, there are no ERC controls that IPP doesn't support (afaik).

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

operaguy posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 8:15 PM

V4 promos continue to show her with awful arms and hitched-up shoulders because "that is the default" when all along there is a "ShoulderShrug" dial that you set at about -.6 for a beautiful immediate shoulder line. Plus a moment or two with various morphs on the shoulder and arms and you have a beautiful result.

...and that is not even with the muscle morphs engaged. Same will be so with M4, I'd bet.

But......no. A year and a half later, they still show the defualt.

::::: sigh ::::::

swordman10 posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 8:33 AM

**Thanks kuroyume for the reply,

Ouch...on the testicles, heeeheee.

Thats good news and a rather bitter irony from my point of view, regarding how daz cannot even support its own software. Sheesh.

Just a question, what are magnet morphs.???, in V4-et al, and how do they affect the figure.??

and one final question, as I am a teacher I believe I qualify for the educational discount on Cinema, so if I purchased the educational version, would the full version of interposer pro register okay with it, or would there be some serial number issues.

Cheers,

NM.**

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 12:39 PM

'Magnet morphs' are a substitution for normal delta-based morphs instead using Poser magnets for JCMs (Joint Controlled Morphs).  Since Poser magnets are procedural, they are faster, less memory intensive, and less file occupying than delta-based morphs.  Unfortunately, only two applications currently support Poser magnets: Poser and D|S.  That may not be true for very long.

If you qualify for a Cinema 4D educational discount, you can purchase a similar educational license for interPoser Pro.  The type of Cinema 4D serial number will not affect use of the plugin.

Robert

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

pjz99 posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 12:52 PM

I should point out that M4 is straight JCM, no magnets in him - so as well as interPoser works with the DAZ Gen 3 figures (i.e. quite well) it should work with M4, excepting bone scaling (of which there is a fair bit going on in M4).

My Freebies

XENOPHONZ posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 1:25 PM

M4's been released, eh?  Good job.  I'll get over there to take a look.  I'll have to pick up a copy.

In the meantime: we're so sorry.......Uncle Albert.............but the kettle's on the boil, and we're so easily called away...........

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Realmling posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 1:42 PM

Quote - M4 doesn't have Hand-Grasp dial,Finger-Spread, or any Thumb-Grasp dials.

Heck! Most free figures have that much! I am very disappointed in such a shoddy loss of product quality! Project Human are free and have that much.

I'm beginning to think after all the hype and hooplah, that DAZ might be a group of slackers. Especially when there are so many talented riggers like Phantom3d,Patorak, and Teyon around here!

As with V4 - you have to inject all the damn grasp and such dials.....I can understand injecting morphs that change the shape of the body/face....but why I have to inject a friggen grasp dial for hands/fingers is beyond me.

I like messing with the new figures, and I'm not worried about realistic renders (cause that's what cameras and mirrors are for in my world)....but something as simple as posing a hand should be in the figure directly and not something I have to add extra later on. (still bugs me...ifn you can't tell)

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

ice-boy posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 2:16 PM

for the ones who have the free michael 4 . the texture is very small so you can not use it in close ups.

small tip.
-make the size 800-900
-duplicate layer.....set it overlay
-filter/other/high pass
-use 1.5
better

they say its better then the sharpen filter.

ice-boy posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 2:17 PM

and baythe way i hate the textures. they have specular inside it. this is not a real diffuse map. just photoreference.

swordman10 posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 2:18 PM

Thank you Robert, for clearing that up for me.

As to the educational license for Interposer pro, I shall be purchasing the software from you at the full price as I believe independant developers should be fully supported and that is only going to happen if we pay them what they are worth, though my spending spree will have to wait until November.

Cheers,

Nick.

pjz99 posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 2:38 PM

That is good for Robert, that will pay for a lot of Ramen!

My Freebies

gagnonrich posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 3:31 PM

Attached Link: DAZ What's new

Hiro 4 and Freak 4 will be M4 morphs rather than standalone figures, similar to Aiko 4.

P7Pro users need to install M4 as a DAZ Studio app rather than a Poser app according to DAZ installation instructions. There's no explanation as to why this unintuitive approach was taken.

It looks like Adam Thwaites put up the first M4 freebie.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

Latexluv posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 4:13 PM

Didn't know about Adam's freebee, just went and got it. I'm getting an error when I try to run Texture converter using the M3 plugin to the M4 plugin. It starts working on it then stops and reports and Error 9, something about out of perameters????

Weapons of choice:

operaguy posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 4:00 AM

click for full res

Poser render and Photoshop

www.jjkirnan.com

Jules53757 posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 5:40 AM

A little bit playing around with M4 and the V4 Elite morphs you can see the nearly nude M4 with V4 Elite Fantasia morph and the free Marco Texture for Vittorio V4.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

operaguy posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 5:52 AM

Here is the color version of my "entwine" image above.

PoserPro
M4 and V4
No Postwork!

Click for full resolution

Dead_Reckoning posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 7:24 AM

Quote - P7Pro users need to install M4 as a DAZ Studio app rather than a Poser app according to DAZ installation instructions. There's no explanation as to why this unintuitive approach was taken.

The Poser Installation looks for the Poser.exe File.

PoserPro has PoserPro.exe and that GD Installer doesn't recognize it.

I made and external Runtime and used the Daz Studio choice.
Everything installed just fine, apparently DS Installer doesn't give a dam where things go.

I then went back and deleted all the DS files.

Poser7 SR3 and PoserPro will run both V4 and M4 just fine as and external RT with No !Daz Folder in the Main RT Libraries.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

MikeJ posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 12:43 PM

Quote - for the ones who have the free michael 4 . the texture is very small so you can not use it in close ups.

small tip.
-make the size 800-900

You should never create an image map with dimensions like those, they need to be in powers of two. 512, 1024, 2048, and so on.
The reason is that all graphics cards render image maps in powers of two only, and any image map that isn't has to be resized by the graphics card on the fly, which will slow down performance.

ice-boy posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 1:11 PM

thanks for this. i didnt knwo this. will change it.

Tucan-Tiki posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 7:56 AM

looks like he needs some morph help from the community around the arms and wrists.

the arms have a puffy look when morphed and the wrist has a clearly defined visable seam.....

overall looks better then mike 3 but no puffy shoulders like mike 1,2 and 3 which is nice to see.

Keith posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 10:47 AM

Quote - > Quote - P7Pro users need to install M4 as a DAZ Studio app rather than a Poser app according to DAZ installation instructions. There's no explanation as to why this unintuitive approach was taken.

The Poser Installation looks for the Poser.exe File.

PoserPro has PoserPro.exe and that GD Installer doesn't recognize it.

You just have to put anything named "poser.exe" in the folder, even a simple text file with zero content.  I used the Poser installers with no problem.

Dajadues posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 2:30 PM

He's easier in my opinion, to work with, than M3.

dstephany posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 9:44 PM

does anyone know why there are no M4 products for sale yet here on Renderosity ? I mean, I know he was only released a few days ago but it seems developers have had access to him for alot longer in order to co-release assessory products for him, at least on DAZ but I guess developers here weren't given the same option. what a shame.

operaguy posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 9:58 PM

that IS odd.

I'd love to have a wardrobe of spectacular designer suits, you know, Armani, etc. With really fine attention to detail, very high resolution, you can see the fuzz on the wool, the silk has that certain suble shimmer, the cloth has a "thickness" to it and the edges are finished like real suits.

Shirts too. Frech cuffs with links. Variety of unusual collars.

Dynamic cloth enabled for Poser

Will pay for one or two great mesh objects and spectacular materials, with accessories.

NO morphs needed.

Joint effort in development or I'll pay quadrupple for first release or?....

I'm serious. PM me.

Daidalos posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 1:41 PM

Operaguy if I knew how to rig I'd offer to do it for you.

That said you might try posting that request in the Jobs/Resume forum. As doing so might generate more responses for you. Hope your project works out.

Daidalos

"The Blood is the life!"

pjz99 posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 1:44 PM

I could do it but I really have my hands full.

My Freebies

operaguy posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 4:49 PM

no rigging necessary, at least for my purposes. Just mesh and materials. No morphs or rig or anything. Dynamic only.

pjz99 posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 6:20 PM

You just want a model?  Huh.  Of what exactly?

My Freebies

operaguy posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 6:32 PM

well, I would morph up M4 to my "baseline" body style...the one I'll be using mostly. It's more like morphing it down! I am working on that now, establishing the body look.

Note that from that setup, I'd sometimes want a little variety, maybe a little wider, or even a little muscled up. However, with dynamic clothing that is not a problem for me because I already know how to accomodate that.

Meanwhile, I am looking for a beautifully tailored suit mesh; something that when you see it on the man, you say, wow, that's a $3000 suit. Italian lines.

I'd need:

1. Pants with modelled belt
  2. Jacket
  3. Shirt with about 3 collar variants and french cuffs

So, three models.
"Vest" comes to mind....but no, not primary
Issue of clothing being "able to open" in the dynamic sense....not the morph sense. I am not sure how that would work; might be as simple as an unweld?

But in addition to the mesh, there is the subject of the materials. What I'm looking for is hi-res, authentic-looking and having 'substance." When I push in for a close up, say from the chest up, and the render is at full AA and low min shading, do I see that it is true cloth/suit material.

So for the materials it is the texture maps themselves plus shaders, plus the edges on the mesh/and/or/shaders.

Is this even a viable project?

pjz99 posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 6:38 PM

Too much, I already took almost a month to do this sorceress dress.  Sorry!

My Freebies

operaguy posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 6:53 PM

no problem. this is helping me build my specification for this item, however. I'll cease and desist here, but just one more post.

http://italiancart.com/giorgio-armani-men-suit-le-collezioni-code-1029-p-13.html
http://www.lifeinitaly.com/fashion/men-suits.asp
http://www.gqstyle.com/TheCollections/Photos/Default.aspx?ShowID=2191
http://italiancart.com/images/GUCCI511.jpg

pjz99 posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 8:05 PM

I don't really want to rub your nose in it too much, but think back to a conversation we had about herring.  :/

My Freebies

operaguy posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 8:11 PM

i don't remember the herring, but i certainly remember our conversation about model your own vs buying content! Don't worry I won't forget.

On another note: I just typed "suit" into the Rendo marketplace and did not find even ONE good mesh for any male figure.

Daidalos posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 8:21 PM

Quote - Too much, I already took almost a month to do this sorceress dress.  Sorry!

And thank you very much for creating and sharing it. It fit pefectly for my white witch render.

"The Blood is the life!"

operaguy posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 8:33 PM

okay, i found some mesh and materials. I'll move this topic to a new thread (pun!) once I see if I have a solution.

bagginsbill posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 10:16 PM

Attached Link: http://poserbagginsbill.googlepages.com/weaves

My free Loom for matmatic makes true woven cloth as procedural materials. You can zoom in and get the full effect of individual fibers and threads, if that's what you want. No image can give you that. You have the freedom to make any possible weave out of any possible color threads, just like in real life.

One company even used my Loom to make promo shots of their cloth products for a catalog, instead of actually photographing the cloth.

Here is an example.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

operaguy posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 10:39 PM

oh that is just .....    :::: thud :::::

Thanks bb

JOELGLAINE posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 10:37 AM

Alrighty, BB, we all worship you as one of the big brains of poserdom. up there with likes of Philc, svdl, and others, but really! Now you're weaving in the VR world as well!?!?

Good lord, man! Leave a little corner for the rest of us! :lol: I'm impressed!  That looks like real cloth to my poor old eyes. Most impressive  body of work. SO any math reducible texture can be used in this? Or ANY texture can be used in this? I am curious.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

bagginsbill posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 11:09 AM

You guys didn't know about this? It's like two years old and it's all free. You can design your own fabrics - then use matmatic+Loom script to generate a procedural shader for Poser that does that.

Here are some "threads" of interest (yuk yuk)

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/messages.php?ShowMessage=265148

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/messages.php?ShowMessage=265475

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/messages.php?ShowMessage=265218

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/messages.php?ShowMessage=265484

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/messages.php?ShowMessage=338877

Here is a tutorial on how to make tiny cloth fibers procedurally. Then the thread turned into an general discussion about making cloth in Poser shaders. Very informative, IMO. Also, shows how smart I am :)

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/messages.php?ShowMessage=262451

Here is some other cloths stuff before I invented the Loom. There's denim, some plaids, linen, a few others in it. Not as realistic in super closeup as you get with the Loom (which implements microscopic details), but still perfectly good for ordinary use.

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/messages.php?ShowMessage=244503

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/messages.php?ShowMessage=250498

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 11:27 AM

BB you need a marketing and PR department.

Not to mention a sales department!

Maybe if you charged $1000 for a one-seat license. That would get some attention.

Or... interacting with OptiTex about broad licensing..........

http://www.optitex.com/index.php

MatMatic+Loom could become a lot more visible if/when DAZ release its "dynamic cloth" functionality for DazStudio, which is a subset of the OptiTex system. Supposedly Dan Farr has indicated in the last week or two that this long-promised inovation will finally see the light of day before the end of this year.

Is there anything completely unique about the Poser material nodes that would prevent your core functionality from being re-engineered into a different shader system? Or...is there a way to bake procedural results into a bit-mapped texture?

We are flying seemingly Off Topic.....but you know the subject of clothing options for M4 is huge over at Daz, and if people could see how easy dynamic clothing can be, plus have procedural cloth materials...

JOELGLAINE posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 12:59 PM

PR department and marketing is needed. I never heard of the Loom and I didn't fall off the turnip truck a couple of minutes ago! I hop around the poser sites like a pogo stick and I never saw mention of it until now.

You need professional PR people, BB. :laugh:

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 1:15 PM

Next thing you know BB will tell us he finished that procedural wood shader system (with beveled edges) and it's been available for a long time.

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 1:18 PM

Just so no one screams about us dragging the thread off topic, here's a new M4 render.....

Click for Full Resolution.

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 1:20 PM

V4 has been waiting for him a long time. She's not going to stop touching him for a long time.

pjz99 posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 1:21 PM

Quote - Is there anything completely unique about the Poser material nodes that would prevent your core functionality from being re-engineered into a different shader system? Or...is there a way to bake procedural results into a bit-mapped texture?

Yes to the first - at least in the simple 1:1 conversion sense, although most heavy duty renderers have an extensible shading system and he could write whatever shader he wanted; and no to the second.

My Freebies

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 1:24 PM

Yeah, I'm sure there is no way to automate a conversion between one system's shader system and Poser's, but as you inferred I was just wondering about a complete recreation of the product in other software, his research and approach being the 'retained value' that translates.

pjz99 posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 1:35 PM

Err I mean YES to the second, these textures could be very easily baked into a bitmap, oops.

My Freebies

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 2:44 PM

LOL as BB's temporary PR people we should then say "Hey, why do you want to bake them into a static bitmap when I went thru all this trouble to make them procedural."

bagginsbill posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:13 PM

Baking them actually works for a couple reasons. One is that if you make a big enough procedural it becomes slower than an image map. Second, the texture filtering of an image map can be an advantage when viewed from a big enough distance.

Yes you can bake procedural patterns in Poser - good self-catch there pjz99. :) I've posted on this in regard to the Loom before.

bagginsbill posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:15 PM

Quote - SO any math reducible texture can be used in this? Or ANY texture can be used in this? I am curious.

Not exactly any texture. Any cloth pattern that could be made on a real Jacquard Loom can be made by my script. Many patterns that could not be made on a a Jacquard Loom can be made by my script.

And, if you ask it to, it can superimpose any image whatsoever onto cloth, as in tapestry or a what is commonly called a "print", like a "print" dress.

bagginsbill posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:16 PM

Quote - Next thing you know BB will tell us he finished that procedural wood shader system (with beveled edges) and it's been available for a long time.

It is finished. It has not been released. I want an awesome UI for it. I"m close to a solution.

I have many shaders you've never seen because they need a UI that can handle a couple hundred parameters.

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:17 PM

ok cool. on the baking

my weekend adventures with M4/CoolSuitMesh/dyamic cloth sim/Loom are on pause for 'extraneous reasons' and it is driving me nuts!

Hey, sidebar....I thru M4 into the PoserPro walk designer, showed it where the CR2 was and low and behold: Quite good walk cycle.

::: og :::

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:21 PM

Quote - > Quote - Next thing you know BB will tell us he finished that procedural wood shader system (with beveled edges) and it's been available for a long time.

It is finished. It has not been released. I want an awesome UI for it. I"m close to a solution.

I have many shaders you've never seen because they need a UI that can handle a couple hundred parameters.

:::: shaking head in amazment :::::

bagginsbill posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:23 PM

Quote - BB you need a marketing and PR department.

Working on it. I switched to consulting a year ago. I have been over-worked ever since. I have a project that has finally finished, and I'm not filling in the remaining time with a new contract. Instead I'm working on graphics.

Quote - Maybe if you charged $1000 for a one-seat license. That would get some attention.

Actually I'm interested in charging way more than that :)

Quote - Is there anything completely unique about the Poser material nodes that would prevent your core functionality from being re-engineered into a different shader system?

Well there might be some things that are harder or easier, but I could probably do it in any 3D product. It's not that hard really, in an objective sense. There is some excruciating cleverness in what I did and you have to hold a lot of stuff in your head simultaneously to understand how it works, but I could replicate it using many different technologies. As well, if I could just program the damn thing straight up instead of having to express it as a shader, it would be very easy to embed in any software application.

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:27 PM

::::: downloading Loom before BBMarketing puts a $24,000 price tag on it :::::

bopperthijs posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:49 PM

quote:
*::::: downloading Loom before BBMarketing puts a $24,000 price tag on it :::::

*:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So you're not such a capitalist after all!

I've used some loom shaders in my free V4 springtime outfit, works great if you ignore the preview.

regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

operaguy posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:54 PM

with three laughy-smilies I trust you are cracking a joke, so I'll hit back with same:

Well, I'f Im too late and he puts it at 20,000, I'll get the Obama administration to sue him for price gouging.

bopperthijs posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 7:25 PM

Operaguy, please read my  tagline, we will never agree on politics, (I just couldn't resist)  so let's agree on other things, as I mentioned on the DAZ-forum.
 Bagginsbill has made some great products: Matmathic, VSS, and his fantastic shaders in the node cult of RDNA, and I still wonder why he hasn't entered the market with it.

best regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

ice-boy posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 1:01 PM

ice-boy posted Mon, 17 November 2008 at 3:01 PM

not very happy with M4. i am having a hard time posing him. you pull hte feet and the whole leg is rotating. some poses are impossible to make. but they should be a piece of cake.
ffor some basic poses its good but for complex it fails on every level.
positive: muscle morphs. i like the biceps and triceps morphs. very realistic.

but still not good enough.

MistyLaraCarrara posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 11:27 AM

It's so much easier to add body hair, than removing it. 

M4 has monsters in his bedroom.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 11:30 AM

Quote - Baking them actually works for a couple reasons. One is that if you make a big enough procedural it becomes slower than an image map. Second, the texture filtering of an image map can be an advantage when viewed from a big enough distance.

Yes you can bake procedural patterns in Poser - good self-catch there pjz99. :) I've posted on this in regard to the Loom before.

Cool.  Do you have a tutorial out on how to bake in Poser?

Thanks. 

Cheers,
Lara

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

bagginsbill posted Fri, 21 November 2008 at 3:53 PM

Quote - Do you have a tutorial out on how to bake in Poser?

I think I wrote about it in some thread a long time ago. I can't find it.

The technique is really very simple. You create a scene with just a rectangular prop. You load a shader on it and render it. You save the resulting pattern as an image. You then use it in other materials.

If you are trying to create a seamless tile, this is much trickier and requires that the pattern be geometrically seamless and that you render 100% of the pattern. This is harder to do with a prop. It is easier to do if you put the shader on the Poser Background instead.

The only things that work well for this are patterns - not things that depend on lighting angles, such as bumpy surfaces. The shader you're baking should not have any Diffuse_Value or Specular_Value. It should just be a pattern plugged into the Alternate_Diffuse channel and not use any lighting nodes in it.

I occasionally use this technique to capture the results of really complicated materials, such as a cloth shader that produces thousands of tiny threads and fibers. The resulting image is fine to use as a seamless tile. It produces essentially the same output with very little computation.

But noise-based patterns coming from nodes like Fractal_Sum and fBm are not seamless. You have to be careful with patterns like that.

If you're just doing light-weight shaders, such as stripes and whatnot, this is not worth the effort unless you're trying to make image maps for use in other applications where you don't have Poser nodes.

Casette posted Sun, 23 November 2008 at 4:43 AM

Well, I've installed this stupid dude M4... I installed zillions of DAZ products and NEVER found such mistakes like this (looks like as DAZ3D is growing and growing, its products are worse finished...)

Poser7. I installed him (Poser installation). I try to open him: first bug. 'Please locate M4BODYGrps.pz2'. What the hell is this??? Not allocated in my HD, neither in the readme file!!!

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

ice-boy posted Sun, 23 November 2008 at 4:49 AM

yeah you really need to instal a lot of stuff.
it  is not very handy.

plus moving hes arms and legs around is very hard iMO. at least from a guy who works with apollo everyday.

Casette posted Sun, 23 November 2008 at 4:51 AM

Okay. Someone wrote a handbook anywhere???

CASETTE
=======

JOELGLAINE posted Sun, 23 November 2008 at 7:21 AM

His base figure doesn't have grasp or spread dials!  Good Gosh!  Even almost free figures worth their snuff have THAT! Holy cow! What is wrong with these bozos?

Casette posted Sun, 23 November 2008 at 8:26 AM

The base figure simply doesn't install. If the base figure needs additional products... what a deal :cursing:

CASETTE
=======