Forum: Carrara

Subject: Guides or tutorials on more advanced lighting in Carrara?

ravenous opened this issue on Oct 26, 2008 · 16 posts

ravenous posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 7:01 AM

I think I got the hang of lighting in Carrara. I know my way around the different types of light available. Now I wonder if there are any guides or tutorials of how to set up realistic light in Carrara? I mean something more advanced than just the basics of lights which I think I know by now.

I think my main problem is that everything tends to get a bit...boring or flat when I try to lit up a scene. I would like some input or ideas how to make the lighting more dramatic, exciting or sometimes just "thicker". I'd like to be able to compose a more interesting light. I've been looking around in the gallery here at rendo at pictures I find impressive, but it's a bit difficult to figure out roughly where the lights are positioned in a rendered scene. What type of lights were used? What colors where used for the lights? What angle, what height?

I realize there is no generic way of lighting up a scene, but I guess there must be tiny smart tricks to fuel up the depth of a scene. So do you guys know of any guides or tutorials that go beyond the technical aspect of how to place a spotlight in Carrara?